Options

Delusional Richard Madeley remains in Denial

Mr.UniverseMr.Universe Posts: 494
Forum Member
I'm still uncertain who's more delusional Richard Madeley or Gordon Brown. Gordon maintains he saved the world and is entirely blameless for the 'Global' financial collapse and Madeley still believes his daytime show "is a good show" despite viewing figures reaching a new low of 8,000. Surely it doesn't get much worse than that and Madeley should now get a reality check and brush up on his body language skills. Judy ain't looking amused.

How the mighty have fallen.
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1151264/Richard-moody-Judy-Finnigan-cuts-glum-figure-TV-ratings-drop.html

"If I thought the show was rubbish I would feel embarrassed and so would Judy".
http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/207896/Richard-Madeley-Our-ailing-shows-OK-Madeley-refuses-to-accept-his-8000-viewer-show-is-a-flop-with-fans.html

Comments

• Options
    StrakerStraker Posts: 79,677
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OMG! They’re going to prop this up for another nine months?! Viewers will surely be down to double figures by then. Madeley is truly contemptible for dragging his wife along on what’s left of his rather pathetic career.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, they may not feel 'embarrassed' but the the majority of the viewing public obviously do. :sleep:

They need to accept the fact their 'heyday' is long over.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,715
    Forum Member
    He's on Desert Island Discs today. (as the articles say)

I wonder if we'll get "Knowing me, Knowing you" :D:D:D

(probably "My Way", although I might suggest "Shoplifters of the World Unite" should be in there :p)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 63
    Forum Member
    Watch isn't available on freeview? i think I'm right in saying that, if so i don't see how they could even hope to attract a larger audience, despite the opening audience of 100,000 viewers, it was always going to slide from that point, 8,000 is awful though and Watch would be right to cancel the show, Madely needs to accept he is past his prime.
  • Options
    ebjeebeebjeebe Posts: 7,810
    Forum Member
    If it isn't on freeview then how the hell can anyone expect them to have more viewers? People have been out to get Richard and Judy for years and won't be happy until they've gone.

Personally I think they would be happier retiring from TV and concentrate on getting their kids into the media....it's clearly what they want. Maybe Richard could do some radio - he was brilliant on LBC a few weeks back. I do think this spite directed at them should now end - I don't get it.
  • Options
    CheezburgerCheezburger Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    Today's Sunday Mirror alleges they aren't going to work as a couple on TV again.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/03/07/richard-and-judy-break-up-as-a-tv-couple-after-ratings-dive-115875-21179563/
  • Options
    SnikpohSnikpoh Posts: 2,421
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm still uncertain who's more delusional Richard Madeley or Gordon Brown. Gordon maintains he saved the world and is entirely blameless for the 'Global' financial collapse and Madeley still believes his daytime show "is a good show" despite viewing figures reaching a new low of 8,000. Surely it doesn't get much worse than that and Madeley should now get a reality check and brush up on his body language skills. Judy ain't looking amused.

How the mighty have fallen.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1151264/Richard-moody-Judy-Finnigan-cuts-glum-figure-TV-ratings-drop.html

"If I thought the show was rubbish I would feel embarrassed and so would Judy".
    http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/207896/Richard-Madeley-Our-ailing-shows-OK-Madeley-refuses-to-accept-his-8000-viewer-show-is-a-flop-with-fans.html

She does not look at all well in the photo. :(
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I liked the front page of the mirror today - Richard and Judy in shock split. :eek:
    Making dunderheads all over the place think that it's their marriage that's bitten the dust, not their TV career:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Judy looks like someone on a day out from the booby house.....as my mother would say....either that or too much gin and orange....
  • Options
    Mr.UniverseMr.Universe Posts: 494
    Forum Member
    Snikpoh wrote: »
    She does not look at all well in the photo. :(

Yes but doesn't Richard look great (in an Alan Partridge sense) with his Gucci shades, leather gloves and M&S scarf. From where I'm sitting Madeley cuts a pathetic figure whilst Judy looks inebriated and confused. Very unfortunate.
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes but doesn't Richard look great (in an Alan Partridge sense) with his Gucci shades, leather gloves and M&S scarf. From where I'm sitting Madeley cuts a pathetic figure whilst Judy looks inebriated and confused. Very unfortunate.

Madeley's always cut a pathetic figure. And who can blame Judy for drinking (allegedly) married to that fool?:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh dear what has happened to Judy? She doesn't look at all well. Or if she is all there either.
  • Options
    SloopySloopy Posts: 65,209
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Jude never looks too well these days. Admittedly the pictures are unflattering but she always looks tired and strained.....which is no surprise when you're married to Madeley, I suppose.
  • Options
    torreviejaladstorreviejalads Posts: 1,895
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think he realises that people didn't watch their Channel 4 show for them, but the content of the show or maybe they just left Channel 4 on after Deal or no Deal.
  • Options
    *Sparkle**Sparkle* Posts: 10,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't know why they ever thought that moving to such a minority channel would be a positive move.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *Sparkle* wrote: »
    I don't know why they ever thought that moving to such a minority channel would be a positive move.

Its better than being jobless, which will inevitably happen in a few months anyway :p

They quit their Channel 4 show as Judy wanted to "retire" then a few weeks later they suddenly move to Watch. They should have left on a high imo.
  • Options
    SomebodytoLoveSomebodytoLove Posts: 1,575
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ebjeebe wrote: »
    If it isn't on freeview then how the hell can anyone expect them to have more viewers? People have been out to get Richard and Judy for years and won't be happy until they've gone.

Personally I think they would be happier retiring from TV and concentrate on getting their kids into the media....it's clearly what they want. Maybe Richard could do some radio - he was brilliant on LBC a few weeks back. I do think this spite directed at them should now end - I don't get it.

I don't get it either now.:confused: