Options

Jade's miscarridge 2007

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 216
Forum Member
I was wondering whether the miscarridge Jade suffered 18 months ago would have anything to do with the cancer she is now sadly dying from? I wonder whether it was her body's way of dealing with it?

Is it also true that you are more likely to get cervical cancer if you have slept with lot of men? This is not a dig at Jade in anyway, as for the record her plight has really touched me as she is the same age as me, but it's just someone told me that the more men you sleep with, the higher the chance of having it and that's why when you get to a certain age (cant remember what age) they no longer screen you (as it's deemed you are less likely to sleep around when you are older). And no, I am not asking because I have slept around (I havent) just more out of curiosity.

Apologise if this should be in showbiz, but it's more of a general query rather than one speciifically about Jade.

Comments

• Options
    fluffybunyipfluffybunyip Posts: 4,909
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think a miscarriage can have any bearing on whether you then develop cervical cancer - I don't think the two are related at all.

I've heard that promiscuous women are more prone to cervical cancer too, but this is a myth. Apologies to anyone if I get it wrong but my understanding is that it comes from the HPV virus which ANY man could carry - and then after that, it either may or may not turn into cervical cancer. So yes, your odds may be higher if you sleep around, but you could also sleep with only one man and get it too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I thought Jade had cancer for months/years before she was finally diagnosed, but maybe I am wrong, or misread something. Thats why I thought it may have contributed to her miscarridge?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 592
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The cancer might have been a contributing factor towards the miscarriage, but I don't have any medical knowlege, so it is just speculation.
  • Options
    DEADLY_17DEADLY_17 Posts: 9,262
    Forum Member
    What gets me is that why didn't the doctors pick up the cancer then? Cause if you rembrt when jade was on her show 3/4 years ago she was always saying she had pains in her stomach and in the cervical area, my mum just said that to me and it makes you think the docors were obviously were not looking close enough to why she was getting all these pains
  • Options
    Forum Member
    DEADLY_17 wrote: »
    What gets me is that why didn't the doctors pick up the cancer then? Cause if you rembrt when jade was on her show 3/4 years ago she was always saying she had pains in her stomach and in the cervical area, my mum just said that to me and it makes you think the docors were obviously were not looking close enough to why she was getting all these pains

Very true, it makes you wonder how she had abnormal smears, stomach pains, miscarridge etc, yet this wasnt picked up until it was too late. Unless she didnt go for regular smears as she got older?

very sad :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    I was wondering whether the miscarridge Jade suffered 18 months ago would have anything to do with the cancer she is now sadly dying from? I wonder whether it was her body's way of dealing with it?
    http://info.cancerresearchuk.org/cancerstats/types/cervix/riskfactors/

Everything to answer your question if there. JFGI.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    my cancer killed my baby so who knows?
    and noone saw the signs until it was too late ...again

why do us young people get ignored????
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Very true, it makes you wonder how she had abnormal smears, stomach pains, miscarridge etc, yet this wasnt picked up until it was too late. Unless she didnt go for regular smears as she got older?

very sad :(

True, but don't forget she's only 27 and wouldn't have been called for her first smear test until she was 25 or are women who have children under 25 called to have a smear test earlier?

I really feel for Jade, Jack and all her family especially her two beautiful boys :(
  • Options
    skunkboy69skunkboy69 Posts: 9,506
    Forum Member

Thats really sad :( I feel for you.Jade wasn't ignored though.It was her doing the ignoring sadly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    On that tv programme Jade's Legacy it was said she was taking slimming pills, and she didnt know if that was the cause..?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,993
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    skunkboy69 wrote: »
    Thats really sad :( I feel for you..

thanks, but that's cancer for you...
  • Options
    Bella TrixBella Trix Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    mystique72 wrote: »
    True, but don't forget she's only 27 and wouldn't have been called for her first smear test until she was 25 or are women who have children under 25 called to have a smear test earlier?

I really feel for Jade, Jack and all her family especially her two beautiful boys :(

I think she was having them from a really early age, I remember her saying during BB3 that they had found abnormal cells when she was 16. :eek:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bella Trix wrote: »
    I think she was having them from a really early age, I remember her saying during BB3 that they had found abnormal cells when she was 16. :eek:

Thats what I thought.....if you have an abnormal smear, I thought they monitor you a lot more closely.....which is why I find it hard to understand it was so far advanced before she was diagnosed
  • Options
    Forum Member

That's awful, I am so sorry to hear that :(
  • Options
    Bella TrixBella Trix Posts: 7,278
    Forum Member
    Thats what I thought.....if you have an abnormal smear, I thought they monitor you a lot more closely.....which is why I find it hard to understand it was so far advanced before she was diagnosed

There was quite an interesting discussion here -> http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1001229

It seems very strange that things had been 'abnormal' for so many years but cancer was not diagnosed until last year.

I know she reportedly ignored some letters requesting further check-ups but didn't she spend some time in hospital on several occasions? and surely would have been checked after the miscarriage? I don't know, it's very strange. She was either misdiagnosed for a long time, or the cancer only developed last year & spread very fast :( very very sad either way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bella Trix wrote: »
    There was quite an interesting discussion here -> http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1001229

It seems very strange that things had been 'abnormal' for so many years but cancer was not diagnosed until last year.

I know she reportedly ignored some letters requesting further check-ups but didn't she spend some time in hospital on several occasions? and surely would have been checked after the miscarriage? I don't know, it's very strange. She was either misdiagnosed for a long time, or the cancer only developed last year & spread very fast :( very very sad either way.

Really interesting link there, thanks. Kinda answers my questions!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I am genuinely sorry you went though that.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yeah I remember in BB3 she mentined something about a Smear test.

And on her show before the diagnosis and before CBB she was in and out of hospital, I still can't get over that doctors missed that Fu****g cancer. And now she's got hours or days left so sad
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It does seem that she has being have problems for many years. I remember when she was on that Back to Reality show about 5 years ago. She collapsed and was rushed to the hospital. I remember them saying something about cysts on her ovaries, but then it was reported as being due to her pregnancy with her youngest son. Whatever the reason for the collapse, it does appear that she has been poorly for a long time now.

Whether doctors have been mis-diagnosing her, or she has been brushing it under the carpet and ignoring letters is another matter though. I would guess that she thought it would go away, hence why she ignored the letters re abnormal cells. Doctors cannot force you to recieve treatment, and I find it unlikely that she has not been requested to go back to recieve treatment.. considering she has allegedly had dodgy smear results since the age of 16! I'm sure any doctor would act upon this.

My auntie died from cervical cancer 11 years ago. Quite similar to Jade, doctors discovered abnormal cells after a smear, and sent letters to call her back to have them removed. She was scared by the prospect and ignored them. Not long after, she passed away. So I know this does happen a lot, and abnormal cells can change for the worse very quickly.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,032
    Forum Member
    Yeah I remember in BB3 she mentined something about a Smear test.

And on her show before the diagnosis and before CBB she was in and out of hospital, I still can't get over that doctors missed that Fu****g cancer. And now she's got hours or days left so sad

Heat magazine reported that she ignored letters from the hospital.

She was told before going to India she was told there was a strong chance she had cancer, but on her return she said she'd been given the all clear.

I only saw the GMTV interview and was more confused after it than before. I don't know if the sequence of events was clearly explained in any of the Living TV shows.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »
    Heat magazine reported that she ignored letters from the hospital.

She was told before going to India she was told there was a strong chance she had cancer, but on her return she said she'd been given the all clear.

I only saw the GMTV interview and was more confused after it than before. I don't know if the sequence of events was clearly explained in any of the Living TV shows.

I may be wrong, but I think Living started filming her a while before she went to India. If I remember correctly, she went on holiday, somewhere in this country, and kept complaining of being bloated, couldnt do her trousers up, and she had pain in her abdomen. I think she collapsed, lost a lot of blood and then went to hospital where she had tests and scans. Whether they told her she could have cancer or not, I dont know, but she made out that she was healthy enough to travel to India. She kept saying that the hospital were telling her it was bad periods. Dont know how true this is though.
  • Options
    muffin topmuffin top Posts: 446
    Forum Member
    Im not sure that Jade had this cancer 3/4 years ago. If she had and had it been undiagnosed I think she would have died long before now. I think the cancer has probably only develop in the last two years or so, but its been left to late to treat.

It does seem though that she has had lots of gynelogical problems for a long time, and it makes your wonder if that made her prone to this kind of cancer?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just can't believe this time next year Jade won't be here its sad
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I just can't believe this time next year Jade won't be here its sad

TBH more like this time next week :(

However, whatever people say about her, she has done ONE good thing at least - raised awareness of cervical cancer. I have mine due and I must admit, reading her plight is making me realise how important it is to get this done and not just brush it under the carpet cos "it wont happen to me cos I'm young"

If reports are to be read as true tho, had she not ignored letters from doctors, had a hysterectomy, brushed it under the carpet etc, there is a good chance it wouldnt have spread.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is it also true that you are more likely to get cervical cancer if you have slept with lot of men? but it's just someone told me that the more men you sleep with, the higher the chance of having it

Have to say that this is completely wrong I had only slept with two men when I found out that I have the HPV virus which can cause cervical cancer, its just the luck of draw when it comes to the partners you choose and who they have slept with.