Options

Lorraine upset by news stories

Reality SucksReality Sucks Posts: 28,538
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Found this yesterday - shame if it's true. I hadn't read any of these stories but it must be horrible being written about in this way. Tabloid journalists are really a scummy bunch of people.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/05/23/apprentice-star-lorraine-tighe-a-broken-woman-because-of-tv-show-115875-21383850/

Comments

• Options
    nickymongernickymonger Posts: 11,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Found this yesterday - shame if it's true. I hadn't read any of these stories but it must be horrible being written about in this way. Tabloid journalists are really a scummy bunch of people.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/celebs/news/2009/05/23/apprentice-star-lorraine-tighe-a-broken-woman-because-of-tv-show-115875-21383850/

I hate to say this but this comes with the territory unfortunately. Doesn't make it right but these shows have been going on for years and every year you read these stories and hear of so many being untrue. They must be warned or prepared for this sort of stuff. Not really a lot that can be done about it though which is sad. It's disgusting the lengths the paparazzi will go to.

Sometimes that is why I think it is better to give them a story. Philip has probably got off lightly in that respect. His story with Kate detracts away from needing to go into other stories of his or making them up. I'm sure they could write loads on him. These guys must really need thick skins. Plus, there are always "friends" willig to benefit fro stories and make money. Lorraine's ex would have been paid for that story - remember ;)
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,730
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    People apply for these programmes and should know that they're 'fair game' for media interest as a consequence. Nobody holds a gun to their head.:sleep:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,288
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awe.......... Hope it's not true :( I like Lorraine :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    People apply for these programmes and should know that they're 'fair game' for media interest as a consequence. Nobody holds a gun to their head.:sleep:

If papers print stories that are blatantly untrue though - can anyone be prepared for that?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23,091
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    delete - wrong thread - sorry!
  • Options
    nickymongernickymonger Posts: 11,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    If papers print stories that are blatantly untrue though - can anyone be prepared for that?

No - not in terms of content. But yes, in terms of possibility. It's what prevents me from ever trying for any programmes like this. I think you have be thick skinned and be prepared for edits that will highlight a certain aspect of your persoanlity and make it look 10 times worse than it is and have total belief in your "friends". You come across a certain way in a program; then "friends" will be out there to sell story and newspapers want to back up the edit. That is why placing things cool like Kate and Howard sometimes works in your benefit. Being bigger "villains" of the show like Lorraine, Ben and Phil will only lead to more stories.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No - not in terms of content. But yes, in terms of possibility. It's what prevents me from ever trying for any programmes like this. I think you have be thick skinned and be prepared for edits that will highlight a certain aspect of your persoanlity and make it look 10 times worse than it is.

True - and I feel the same . Nothing would make me go on a reality show. I don't even like Facebook that much :D

Lorraine would be better off brushing it all off and holding her head high, but maybe she just doesn't have that sort of confidence...:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 356
    Forum Member
    No - not in terms of content. But yes, in terms of possibility. It's what prevents me from ever trying for any programmes like this. I think you have be thick skinned and be prepared for edits that will highlight a certain aspect of your persoanlity and make it look 10 times worse than it is and have total belief in your "friends". You come across a certain way in a program; then "friends" will be out there to sell story and newspapers want to back up the edit. That is why placing things cool like Kate and Howard sometimes works in your benefit. Being bigger "villains" of the show like Lorraine, Ben and Phil will only lead to more stories.

I completely agree
  • Options
    Cherry-chocCherry-choc Posts: 4,865
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very sad... How did the swingers' story come about then?
  • Options
    lexi22lexi22 Posts: 16,394
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This story is really sad, if true.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    Well I have`t read one story about Lorraine in the press....She has her critics on this site....but she seems to have plenty of supporters as well. I don`t think Lorraine has been portrayed negatively....In fact, if anything she seems to have done pretty well so far and her likening to Cassandra by Margaret, showed her in a positive light.Personally I think she can hold her head up high and be proud of her achievements so far.
  • Options
    Yobaba**Yobaba** Posts: 4,108
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I have`t read one story about Lorraine in the press....She has her critics on this site....but she seems to have plenty of supporters as well. I don`t think Lorraine has been portrayed negatively....In fact, if anything she seems to have done pretty well so far and her likening to Cassandra by Margaret, showed her in a positive light.Personally I think she can hold her head up high and be proud of her achievements so far.

The sex-stories must be hard. Since she has kids.

I feel sorry for Lorraine, she seems vulnerable in a way.:(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 803
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    All the candidates have been criticised. She should not be so sensitive to criticism. Ben has become a hate figure during his time in the apprentice and he took it on the chin. The same goes for Philip. Similarly Noorul must now be on the receiving end of alot of abuse from his students.

What annoys me is the "swinger" story. How can the press fabricate such a story? It doesn't only affect her, it affects her partner and her children :(.
  • Options
    TernTern Posts: 2,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    All the candidates have been criticised. She should not be so sensitive to criticism.

Ahh, the 'blame the victim' mentality. :rolleyes:

The other, equally obnoxious, side of the 'rush to litigation' mentality.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,126
    Forum Member
    Yobaba** wrote: »
    The sex-stories must be hard. Since she has kids.

I feel sorry for Lorraine, she seems vulnerable in a way.:(

I agree...but I personally have`t read any.....not even on DS.....but as others have pointed out, these stories, be they true or false are part and parcel of appearing on any TV show. I`v stated on countless occasions on the BB forum;is that when you appear on these shows you are giving up the one thing money can never buy...your anonymity.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,408
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is so sad if it's true :( Lorraine is my favourite candidate and I think she's done really well on the show. She should be proud. I hope she gets better soon. Best wishes to her.
  • Options
    Chisato GeesteChisato Geeste Posts: 20,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People should always assume that what he tabloids say is false until proven otherwise.

I remember the hate campaign waged against Mona on here for something she never actually said- even now people insist that the tabloid report was true.
  • Options
    CaptainSensibleCaptainSensible Posts: 5,500
    Forum Member
    This is apalling if true; I can say somewhat mean things about reality TV contestants on internet forums like this one, but setting up facebook groups and/or digging dirt or printing libel (I don't care if the swinger thing is true or not; Lorraine's personal life is none of my business).
  • Options
    textpesttextpest Posts: 329
    Forum Member
    I wonder if contestants are offered advice on how to cope with unwanted press or how to sell a story.

Ben seems to be in the papers this weekend so I suppose
    poor Lorraine can't reply to these horrible stories until she has been fired:(
  • Options
    tartan18tartan18 Posts: 2,249
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    People should always assume that what he tabloids say is false until proven otherwise.

I remember the hate campaign waged against Mona on here for something she never actually said- even now people insist that the tabloid report was true.

That is very true, well said. The Mona thing was blown way out of proportion
    After James, Lorraine is my favourite, and it's obvious the editing hasn't been kind to her. Give me those two any day, over some of the sly, loud, backstabbing 2 faced ones that are still in there. I know it's part of the game, but hey, there's a limit.
    It's awful that she should have taken this so badly, especially if things are untrue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tern wrote: »
    Ahh, the 'blame the victim' mentality. :rolleyes:

The other, equally obnoxious, side of the 'rush to litigation' mentality.

I don't understand your point. More accurately, I don't believe that you hav a point here.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand your point.

That's evident, otherwise you wouldn't have said what you said that caused me to make it.
    More accurately, I don't believe that you hav a point here.

Given that you clearly don't understand the point (although how it could be any clearer is a little bit of a mystery), I'm not surprise that is your belief. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's evident, otherwise you wouldn't have said what you said that caused me to make it.

Given that you clearly don't understand the point (although how it could be any clearer is a little bit of a mystery), I'm not surprise that is your belief. :)

Again you don't have a point.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No, we've established that you don't understand so you are never going to see it. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    No, we've established that you don't understand so you are never going to see it. :rolleyes: