Options

What do you find attractive about

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :) i dont have any school, its the summer, cause we break up early after exams :D

Get a job, then, if you're such a man. ;)
  • Options
    rj00rj00 Posts: 400
    Forum Member
    Oooh yatter, yatter, yatter.

Do you lot never tire of squabbling? :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like someone who has interests similar to mine, but is also easy to get along with. I want a guy who is chivalrous, but also respects me. I want someone I can depend on, but who doesn't make me feel inadequate by trying to do everything for me. Looks are somewhat important, but not that much. I'm not that pretty myself, so I'm not going to have high expectations for how my guy looks. I'd prefer he not be 400 pounds, but other than that I'm not really picky.

That said, I'm not really looking for a relationship right now. I'm just trying to figure out who I am, get through college, and then maybe I'll be ready to shift my attention to someone else.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,383
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cfc86 wrote: »
    On a woman. Nice eyes, smile, legs and good personality. Being pretty doesn't hurt but the first four are main points for me.

I'm pretty sure all women have legs. Unless there's some legless women epidemic in the UK.
  • Options
    diablodiablo Posts: 8,300
    Forum Member
    Orlaith wrote: »
    Nice/Decent
    Caring/loving,
    Treat me properly,
    Clean & hygienic
    Takes care of himself
    Had a good job
    Isn't living of benefits cos he was too lazy to work.
    Can cook
    Doesn't mind doing some house work
    Not messy
    Has a (good) sense of humor
    Doesn't talk to much
    Isn't possessive / controlling / clingy / jealous / homophobic / arrogance / ignorance / snobbery / poshness / bitchiness / cowardliness / bad manners / shallowness / bragging / boasting.

And there's probably not a man out there who fit's this description, lol.:rolleyes:

Never ever met a woman with most of those qualities either.

Think you are expecting too much. :)
  • Options
    SHAFTSHAFT Posts: 4,369
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Someone who is down to earth with a sense of humour, an appreciation of good food, art and literature.........and a wazzo pair of jugs.
  • Options
    davey_waveydavey_wavey Posts: 27,407
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RussellIan wrote: »
    Their boyfriends.

Haha, I concur with this.

In a man, I love a good smile. Someone who is trustworthy, chatty and easy going. Being chatty is a must for me - I love conversation, be it serious conversation or just completely random conversation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,252
    Forum Member
    Apart from the obvious physical and sexual attraction, (which I think is essential) you also need a good dollop of mental attraction.

I feel in lust with him due to his deep brown eyes, amazing dimples and beautiful face.

However I feel in love with him due to his wonderful mind.

It is all about a connection of stimulation of minds for me when it comes to attration.
  • Options
    Sun_BeamSun_Beam Posts: 11,600
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The physical points are that a blokes need to have a really nice face as that's what you have to look at to engage fully with someone. Lovely, sexy eyes is a must - green/blue/brown, and a really nice, genuine smile with good teeth, but as long as he has the full set and that they aren't yellow, I'm not overly fussy.

Good hair helps - not too short, but stylish and smart (hate long hair). Do like it when a man styles his hair so that it sticking up sightly - the kinda just-got-out-of-bed look can be v. sexy!

Obviously further down, a good body is needed, but I dont look for someone who's a gym buff, but a man with a nice, toned body would be good as it shows they take pride in their appearance.

But obviously, all this is no good to me if they have a crap personality, are nasty, or just dim-witted or arrogant, so they need to be a gentleman, have good manners, treat you well, respect you and to have the personality to not only make you fall completely in love with them, but to make those around you really like him. They also need to be kind, gentle, know how to have a good time, and to basically be down to earth and someone who I can have a good natter with, and to just be myself with. I'm down to earth and have a good sense of humour, and am kind and generally a decent person, so I look for someone with the same traits as me.

Do men like this actually exist, or am I just dreaming about my favorite celeb men again that are bloody unobtainable? :rolleyes: :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,393
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Eyes, lips and hair. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Sun_Beam wrote: »
    The physical points are that a blokes need to have a really nice face as that's what you have to look at to engage fully with someone. Lovely, sexy eyes is a must - green/blue/brown, and a really nice, genuine smile with good teeth, but as long as he has the full set and that they aren't yellow, I'm not overly fussy.

Good hair helps - not too short, but stylish and smart (hate long hair). Do like it when a man styles his hair so that it sticking up sightly - the kinda just-got-out-of-bed look can be v. sexy!

Obviously further down, a good body is needed, but I dont look for someone who's a gym buff, but a man with a nice, toned body would be good as it shows they take pride in their appearance.

But obviously, all this is no good to me if they have a crap personality, are nasty, or just dim-witted or arrogant, so they need to be a gentleman, have good manners, treat you well, respect you and to have the personality to not only make you fall completely in love with them, but to make those around you really like him. They also need to be kind, gentle, know how to have a good time, and to basically be down to earth and someone who I can have a good natter with, and to just be myself with. I'm down to earth and have a good sense of humour, and am kind and generally a decent person, so I look for someone with the same traits as me.

Do men like this actually exist, or am I just dreaming about my favorite celeb men again that are bloody unobtainable? :rolleyes: :D

They exist, but I think you're kidding yourselves with all these specific lists of criteria. Few of us fall in love with the person we think we're going to...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 49
    Forum Member
    On a woman.... eyes, face, smile, curvy, nicely sized bosoms (why not?), cute and cuddly, great personality, sense of humour.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    testosterone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Originally posted by horns
    They exist, but I think you're kidding yourselves with all these specific lists of criteria. Few of us fall in love with the person we think we're going to...

Yes, I probably am kidding myself - like a lot in here who have a defined list, but I'm just laying down what I want for the purpose of this thread! :D Others in here are doing this as well as we know, deep down, we wont get someone to fit the bill 100%, and personally, that's fine with me as long as the man is fundamentally decent, loyal, trustworthy, lovely and physically appealing, other things aren't worth mentioning as you can build on most things that might not be perfect. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Women seem to have much longer, more thought-out lists of criteria. Do women have a more specific, narrow 'type'?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 21,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    horns wrote: »
    Women seem to have much longer, more thought-out lists of criteria. Do women have a more specific, narrow 'type'?

no

<filler>
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You never quite know how people will turn out, and you could start out falling for, if your a woman, a really hot, amazing guy and he could turn out to be sleazy, really awful or just bloody annoying. Looks are what instantly attracts you to someone, but the personality makes you want to get to know them more, so as long as they have a good amount of both, that's fine with me, and I'd forget about the rest. :)

I dont think anyone actually ends up falling for and getting serious with someone who ticks every box as it's probably not possible, but as long as they meet the most important points, then that's all you need.
  • Options
    annette kurtenannette kurten Posts: 39,543
    Forum Member
    testosterone.
    not this one.
  • Options
    RubusRooRubusRoo Posts: 10,262
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    the opposite sex?

I love a guy's eyes and lips....mind you i also love a woman with a good pout on her too mmmm ;)

I like ass. I like a nice pear shaped womans ass. I'm not really into breasticles so much, but I like the smaller ones the best, like a b cup.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    no

<filler>

Somehow, I don't think you really qualify as an expert here.
  • Options
    Bom Diddly WoBom Diddly Wo Posts: 14,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like a cocky attitude and can have an immature conversation just as much as a serious intelligent conversation....

How can you tell the difference?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 269
    Forum Member
    I like guys with brown eyes, dark hair and a reasonably attractive face. I can't really describe what I mean by that, but as long as someone is not completely hideous..:p I also have to say that I don't like tall guys - I like someone who is the same height as me. :D Which is pretty small..I think I'm asking too much there...:p

Aside from physical appearence, I love a guy with a sense of humour. To be honest, I have only met one guy with my ideal personality - of course he had flaws, like anyone else, but I could hardly fault his personality. He was almost always upbeat and positive, joking about anything and everything and he respected everyone. I think I heard him criticise two people, and even then only mildly. I really miss him, actually..:(

Moving on, I just remembered that I like a guy to dress smartly. That doesn't mean he has to wear a tuxedo all day every day.:p Even if it's jeans and a t-shirt, it should look smart. :D Although I can never fault a shirt and tie..:D

I think I've had a bit too much time to think about this. Whenever I meet "that someone special" I will most probably disregard all this anyway. :p:D
  • Options
    PamelaLPamelaL Posts: 67,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I like tall, dark and handsome, a sense of adventure, kindness and funny. Oh and nice shoes on a bloke.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,512
    Forum Member
    Somehow, I don't think you really qualify as an expert here.

I would have thought a 15 year old would be ideal to report what he finds attractive, as many hours would have been spent thinking on this very subject.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have a real thing about guys' forearms and hands. I love when you can see the veins popping out...mmmm....

Personality-wise...I dunno, he has to make me laugh but knows when to be serious. I also have a real thing for guys who are musical.