Options

LG Cookie (KP500)

Comments

• Options
    data123data123 Posts: 171
    Forum Member
    neo6776 wrote: »
    Does anyone have a link for the pc suite for this phone?

Looked on the LG site and just comes up with a blank page :mad:

The latest version of LG PCSuite Software for LG KP500 V4.G.2.89.090128

http://csmg.lgmobile.com:9002/swdata/WEBSW/KP500/AGBRVB/PCSYNC_20090223/R008-2009-00718_KP500%20BundleCD%20V0.9.19%20-%2020090128.zip
  • Options
    Forum Member
    New official Firmware KP500 V10d is available

http://uk.lgmobile.com/web/web.product.manualSoftwareRF.laf
  • Options
    jkainjkain Posts: 1,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd been waiting for the update for ages like many, and have been tearing my hair out trying to get the crappy amateurish software to work. You cant do it on Vista, installing XP in VirtualBox just crashed my PC (BSOD) as soon as the phone was plugged in so i installed everything in work on one of our XP Pro machines. After downloading the firmware it then came up with a problem "between PC and phone" and halted. Today i tried again and now it tells me my phone cannot be updated!:eek::eek:. Now the firmware has been removed from the LG site. I just don't know what's going on.

The cookie is my first and will be my last LG phone. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    data123 wrote: »
    New official Firmware KP500 V10d is available

Could you explain how the firmware update is done? Also in the droplist only kp501 orange is mentioned not kp500.
  • Options
    ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I had this horrendous phone for around 2 months and still think it was the worst handset ive ever had. Laggy, unresponsive when you want it to be yet overresponsive when you are barely touching it, AWFUL sync software...the list goes on. Best advice to wannabe owners...look elsewhere. Best advice for current owners? RETURN OR SELL. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Has anybody got the software update working on it yet? im trinkg to update from Version B and no luck!
  • Options
    ohiromeohirome Posts: 2,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    take it to carphone warehouse...theyll upgrade it for you :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    revb wrote: »
    Has anybody got the software update working on it yet? im trinkg to update from Version B and no luck!

The firmware keeps appearing and disappearing from the LG site. It's currently available but the update software constantly refuses to work.
    ohirome wrote: »
    take it to carphone warehouse...theyll upgrade it for you :)

The shop near me said i would have to take mine to a larger store a few miles away to do the upgrade, and it would take a couple of days to do :eek: . Anyone taken theirs in and had it done quickly?. Obviously, 'while you wait' would be ideal.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 378
    Forum Member
    Update wouldn't work for me.
    The software on the Phone is all "O...2.... RULEZ YOU!!"d up, so the updater doesn't know wtf it's supposed to do. (The update available is open and unlocked)

Aw well..
    Phone's nice, easy to use, and has a memo on the frontscreen. Unlike my previous phone (Samsung U600), and can also take photos in less time, too.. (About 0.5 secs, compared to the 3 seconds the U600 used to stupidly take)

Anyhoo, less moaning.
    Java Trick
    Open up a Java .jar file with WinRar, and add the following lines to the file Meta-inf/Manifest.MF (open in notepad)
    MIDlet-Touch-Support: True
    UseNativeTextButtons: false
    ReverseSoftkeys: true
    UseNativeCommands: false
    LGE-MIDlet-TargetLCD-Height: 400 
    LGE-MIDlet-TargetLCD-Width: 240

(Not my tweak.. Found online, but closed that ages ago, so can't remember who's it was!!)

That'll get rid of those ugly DPad+stuff buttons on the bottom. But, probably best to only do that with games/apps that you KNOW won't use 'em!!

Additional oddity. If you stick a .swf in the obscure "Flash" folder, it can understand it enough to display a thumbnail as an icon.
    Not really sure what that's all about, as it won't then play it..
    Go figure.

Now, does anyone know how to set a java app to "ALWAYS ALLOW", as opposed to "Until 5 minutes time when I open it again."?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1
    Forum Member
    hi, first post 4me, i updated my daughters kp500 yesterday, it took 2 attempts, it's now version d from version b. First i downloaded the lg suite in the previous post, got it running to connect to phone, then went to the lg site(link on previous post) and downloaded the software for kp500, installed it, unzip it, there are lots of files, there is a file from that download called B2CAppSetup.exe, this is the updater and works with the suite, so when u attach the phone, click on suite, it runs then click on the above exe file, when it opens click, customer support, start upgrading, follow it through, it looks for phone, battery power then downloads a file 98mb,(40 mins) first time it could not se the phone, had to do it all again, this time it worked and update successful, phone been fine since.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    10D_08 Firmware is now on LG official site

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    not working, says "model not supporting S/W upgrade"
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 18
    Forum Member
    Done mine. I am now on V10d. No idea what is different from the V10c I was on before though.
  • Options
    confidentialconfidential Posts: 523
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How come whenever I turn on my Cookie (without having had the battery out or changing the SIM card) I get the message: "Welcome to KP500! To fully enjoy KP500, essential settings are going to be guided..." and it tries to take me into the options to set the date and time and put me through the first-time users' guide? I can just click "exit", but it's a bit odd.

My software version is KP500AT_V10d and my network is O2. (Despite having used a PAC to bring my number in, the SIM's original number still shows in the "handset information" screen. Another strange annoyance.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    How come whenever I turn on my Cookie (without having had the battery out or changing the SIM card) I get the message: "Welcome to KP500! To fully enjoy KP500, essential settings are going to be guided..." and it tries to take me into the options to set the date and time and put me through the first-time users' guide? I can just click "exit", but it's a bit odd.

My software version is KP500AT_V10d and my network is O2. (Despite having used a PAC to bring my number in, the SIM's original number still shows in the "handset information" screen. Another strange annoyance.)

If you press EXIT every time it will ask again at every start. Go through the guide to the end (its actually quite short) and it shouldn't ask again.
  • Options
    popppopp Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i tried to upgrade the firmware on my kp500, but comes up saying model not upgradable.
    anyone got any suggestions on how to get firmware upgrade. regards popp
  • Options
    JethroUKJethroUK Posts: 6,107
    Forum Member
    popp wrote: »
    i tried to upgrade the firmware on my kp500, but comes up saying model not upgradable.
    anyone got any suggestions on how to get firmware upgrade. regards popp

You can enter either model & serial OR imei - each has it's own 'continue' button

If you enter imei no but click serial continue (or vice versa) it reports that error
  • Options
    Pacman1854Pacman1854 Posts: 1,380
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had this handset, on Virgin, for a couple of months now and am overall quite happy with it.
    However, I've noticed a slight glitch when texting using the QWERTY keyboard. Every once in a while you'll enter a word, hit the space-bar, and the word will vanish. At first I doubted my sanity and thought I'd just not typed the word, but then it happened again, and has happened occasionally since then.
    I'm currently on firmware -V10C and notice in this thread that there is an update to this.
    My question is, is it worth updating (if it will),is it any different to the version I have, and has anyone else had this 'disappearing' word problem?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I noticed couple bugs but not that - but i updated my firmware the day after buying it - so maybe it's cured

I'm on Tesco and it updated from V10d straight to V10e

The latest official Virgin firmware is V10f

Latest 'un'official firmware is V10y

Updating is pretty straight forward and quite quick
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, tried to update over the weekend but have got stuck.

Downloaded the update from the LG website which seemed to load some sort of USB update, but after that what do you do?

Can't see the USB Modem update as a program to run, and there's nothing in the LG Suite for updating.

According to the instructions on-screen all you do is highlight the update part in the program menu and that's it, but where is this menu & program.

Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You need to go here

follow the prompt "Phone Software update"
  • Options
    WillowFaeWillowFae Posts: 5,225
    Forum Member
    I got my Cookie yesterday and have a question about the Gallery. I took some pics with the phone but they aren't in the Gallery. I can only access them by going into 'my stuff' and 'images'. I'd like to be able to see them from the Gallery widget on the main screen.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JethroUK wrote: »
    You need to go here

follow the prompt "Phone Software update"

Thanks for this. Finally worked out where I was going wrong.

Updated this evening and am now on V10-D.

Not sure what difference that will make, but we'll see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Okay, updated from V10-C to D last night, via LG's website, but I can't see any difference.

Is it just a stability issue or is there something new & whizzy that I'm missing?
  • Options
    boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Bought mine [KP501 on Orange and had it unlocked at the market £10] from Argos £77 2 days ago and just upgraded the software by downloading LG's LG Mobile software updater......Software now KP501AT_V10i .Definately faster but haven't had time to look for any changes yet......Love this phone.