Options

Can't stand kids - want to be child free!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 735
Forum Member
✭✭
Liz Jones wrote an article in the Mail (:o)

[URL]="http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1202314/LIZ-JONES-I-loathe-smug-modern-mums--So-age-50-I-suddenly-wish-I-one.html;jsessionid=316ED4E015C453CEAD9C07741DA624FD[/URL]

I totally agree - I also get upset when thick people (usually unhappy people with children) resent me for making the smart choice NOT to have horrible kids. I'm being kind to the planet and being kind to people and being kind to myself.

But I have to say...I REALLY can't stand children. WHY do thick parents expect the rest of us to be envious of them??

Having kids would be my worst nightmare!!! I haven't EVER seen a kid I want...every kid I have ever seen I've disliked. So why on earth would I want that? :rolleyes:

Comments

• Options
    KnifeEdgeKnifeEdge Posts: 3,919
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The world needs more sensible people like you.
    There are enough numpties squeezing out kids they neither want or can look after properly.
    If you dont want them, dont have them and to heck with anyone who tries to make you feel bad about your decision.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calling people 'thick' for having children is not the best way to start a discussion.

After thinking we did want children, we have now u-turned and are really glad we don't have them. All we hear on a daily basis are friends moaning about their children being a bind/mess/cost. I don't think they are 'thick' though.
  • Options
    The SnakesThe Snakes Posts: 8,940
    Forum Member
    Far too many have children just for the sake of it, without giving any thought into what kind of life they can offer them.
  • Options
    EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bambi_Boo wrote: »
    But I have to say...I REALLY can't stand children. WHY do thick parents expect the rest of us to be envious of them??

Because people have have kids our tax money suddenly diverts towards them...like a train switching tracks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,492
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Don't want any ever. I don't think there would be any future for them anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thank you Knife-edge.

And Poppy I wasn't calling people thick for having kids...hell, my mum had six and my four sisters all have children and I love them....what I mean is smug people who think having kids is the be-all-and-end-all...

Sorry...I should have made that clear.

I also want to say...I LOVE my pets more than I love anything. It's just how I feel!! I hate parents who think if you don't have kids you don't know how to love!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you Knife-edge.

And Poppy I wasn't calling people thick for having kids...hell, my mum had six and my four sisters all have children and I love them....what I mean is smug people who think having kids is the be-all-and-end-all...

Sorry...I should have made that clear.

I also want to say...I LOVE my pets more than I love anything. It's just how I feel!! I hate parents who think if you don't have kids you don't know how to love!! :rolleyes:

Ok. I agree with you on the smug part. I laugh when people have babies and their friends say things like 'Well done' after the birth. Well done? What, like procreating is a skill worthy of recognition?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Don't want any ever. I don't think there would be any future for them anyway.

That's actually a big reason for me!! I think parents today have to be exceptionally selfish...WHO out of kindness would bring a poor child into this place??

Not me.
  • Options
    sadoldbirdsadoldbird Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member

[URL]="http://http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-1202314/LIZ-JONES-I-loathe-smug-modern-mums--So-age-50-I-suddenly-wish-I-one.html;jsessionid=316ED4E015C453CEAD9C07741DA624FD[/URL]

I totally agree - I also get upset when thick people (usually unhappy people with children) resent me for making the smart choice NOT to have horrible kids. I'm being kind to the planet and being kind to people and being kind to myself.

Having kids would be my worst nightmare!!! I haven't EVER seen a kid I want...every kid I have ever seen I've disliked. So why on earth would I want that? :rolleyes:

Ah, you haven't seen mine!

Seriously, how can you despise all children? You used to be one so you know that they're just immature people.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since when is having kids NOT a smart choice.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then don't have them. Why you feel you need to tell the world about your choice in the manner you have is beyond me. Ultimately, who cares? I don't like animals, but I don't go around crowing about it. My children were my choice-- I don't expect any better treatment, congrats nor do I feel smug about having them. They were a personal choice, just like the other choices in my life such as career, partner and home.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Poppy Seed wrote: »
    Ok. I agree with you on the smug part. I laugh when people have babies and their friends say things like 'Well done' after the birth. Well done? What, like procreating is a skill worthy of recognition?

:):)

Yip...and that they love them - well *I* love that!!! I love parents loving their kids...but I absolutely resent parents thinking I and people like me are jealous shoites or resentful wee witches just because we choose not to have kids.

And honestly - I *DO* love my dogs and cats and rabbits more than anything and I don't have to be a mum to figure that out!
  • Options
    The screamThe scream Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Surely if you do not have children, then you are child free already anyway? Or do you want to do a Torchwood special and exterminate them all?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Then don't have them. Why you feel you need to tell the world about your choice in the manner you have is beyond me. Ultimately, who cares? I don't like animals, but I don't go around crowing about it. My children were my choice-- I don't expect any better treatment, congrats nor do I feel smug about having them. They were a personal choice, just like the other choices in my life such as career, partner and home.

*I* am the one paying for your choice so if I want to crow about not having sprogs, then I will, thanks!! ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,284
    Forum Member
    Why is it acceptable for people to say that they hate and despise all kids, yet if someone said that about almost any other group they'd get slaughtered? Seriously, how's it different from someone announcing their blanket hatred of all, say, Chinese people, complete with derogatory remarks, and demanding that they be kept away from them at all costs?

Kids can be annoying, but that's because they don't know any better. What do you expect, for them to just pop out with perfect manners and rational thought?
  • Options
    EmpiricalEmpirical Posts: 10,189
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scream wrote: »
    Surely if you do not have children, then you are child free already anyway? Or do you want to do a Torchwood special and exterminate them all?

Think she meant it was by choice rather than enforced i.e "I want to be child free, its not because there is something wrong with me"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The scream wrote: »

Sometimes I dream of it!! ;)

Just kidding for the professional-parents among us!! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    visitorvisitor Posts: 537
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Alright! We get it you don't like kids.

And when you're an old lady, with no kids, you'll be grateful that people like me who had kids, provided you with your doctors, nurses, social services, electric workers, transport running, farm workers,shop working, physicist, chemists etc .....

Need I go on?

Now I'll tell you what I hate'.

Childless people who are soooooo happy being childless, that they have to tell people 'just how happy they are not having children'.;)

I really get upset :rolleyes: NOT! about people who think that they are some how contributing to the human race by not passing their genetic material to the next generation.:confused:

Scrub that, I'm really glad there not:D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *I* am the one paying for your choice so if I want to crow about not having sprogs, then I will, thanks!! ;)

Excuse me? You pay? Not all parents are on benefits! Truly ignorant statement.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Turquoise wrote: »
    Why is it acceptable for people to say that they hate and despise all kids, yet if someone said that about almost any other group they'd get slaughtered? Seriously, how's it different from someone announcing their blanket hatred of all, say, Chinese people, complete with derogatory remarks, and demanding that they be kept away from them at all costs?

Kids can be annoying, but that's because they don't know any better. What do you expect, for them to just pop out with perfect manners and rational thought?

I hate them for myself...that's what I mean. I certainly DON'T hate them as people - in fact, I work with the National Commission for Children and Young People to try to improve conditions and environments for them.

I simply meant...for myself, I would HATE it!! And I would! It would be Hell on earth for me to have kids. For them and for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 14,284
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, you are not. I work and pay tax, just like you do. Unless you die right now, (something I am in no way wishing) my kids will be paying for you. Thing is, I like living in a society where people help each other out, so it's okay by me, and I don't even like kids other than my own.
  • Options
    The screamThe scream Posts: 2,338
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Empirical wrote: »
    Think she meant it was by choice rather than enforced i.e "I want to be child free, its not because there is something wrong with me"

I never said there was anything wrong with him or her, and I did assume from there post it was their choice anyway, sorry you have confused me a bit?:o
  • Options
    sadoldbirdsadoldbird Posts: 9,626
    Forum Member

That may be so, but it's the children of today who will be paying for your old age.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sadoldbird wrote: »
    That may be so, but it's the children of today who will be paying for your old age.

Not me - I took out a private pension at 18! ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,940
    Forum Member
    Just kidding for the professional-parents among us!! :rolleyes:

Professional parents, wtf? You're conducting this discussion in a really mature manner.

If you don't want children, don't have them. End of. You're no more special than people who do want to have children, so, please, don't go on about it. Nobody really cares.