Options

Madonna - Celebration New single - Full Leak!!!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 99
Forum Member
The full single version of Madonna's tremendous new single CELEBRATION has leaked.

http://www.youtube.com/user/madgeisrare2

This is so going to be her biggest hit ever!!!

Comments

• Options
    Pop_ArtPop_Art Posts: 5,116
    Forum Member
    Its amazing! I think we have waited 15 years for her to go back to this style of music. Confessions was there but this is fabulous.

Her 14th number 1 on the way. :p

I can't wait for the new Greatest Hits either. Shame a few classics aren't going to make the final cut though.
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Probably just me, but I don't think much of it at all! (... then again, with Madonna songs, I don't usually do for some reason!)

I'm sure it'll grow on me.
  • Options
    QwertyGirl1771QwertyGirl1771 Posts: 4,472
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jlucont wrote: »
    The full single version of Madonna's tremendous new single CELEBRATION has leaked.

http://www.youtube.com/user/madgeisrare2

This is so going to be her biggest hit ever!!!

U nicked my post :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Its going to be huge in Europe but America will probably stub her yet again.

She's a Brit now anyway :p
  • Options
    garthy2008garthy2008 Posts: 622
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This is the biggest song since Hung Up
  • Options
    suniilsuniil Posts: 2,612
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Going to be big, love it!
  • Options
    Chickens hitChickens hit Posts: 26,499
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Wonderful uplifting pop. It's like being back in the 80's with Madge at her finest. A definite No. 1 imo.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,392
    Forum Member
    It's really catchy, and very "now". I've been humming it a lot since it leaked... the only thing is that her vocals are phoned-in and the lyrics are dreadful, but I guess you can't have everything! LOL!
  • Options
    EvanWhisper05EvanWhisper05 Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The background tune in the chorus really reminds of another dance song but I can't think which...
  • Options
    EvanWhisper05EvanWhisper05 Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Calvin Harris - I'm Not Alone

Reminds me of that
  • Options
    molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I agree on the Calvin Harris front of it.

It's okayish. But i doubt i'll buy it as a single,
  • Options
    Forum Member
    molybecks wrote: »
    I agree on the Calvin Harris front of it.

It's okayish. But i doubt i'll buy it as a single,

Why not? you not a Madonna fan or just waiting for the new Greatest Hits?

She may have sampled the Calvin Harris song. All of Confessions on a Dancefloor contained samples which is why it was so much genius.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/music/a168383/madonnas-new-single-30th-impressions.html

DS given it a great review.

Long live the Queen!!

That's what the GH should have been called!!
  • Options
    hello.memberhello.member Posts: 7,635
    Forum Member
    Her best single since Get Together! Forget the Hard Candy era, this is what she does best!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    You know if True Blue and Who's That Girl don't make this Greatest Hits maybe its because Warner are planning a #1's album of all her number #1 singles.

It would make sense they do that at some point. This single will be her 14 UK number one. How many has she had in America? I think its only about 6 but some of the American number 1's like Take A Bow never went to number 1 here so it could be like the Beatle's number 1's combining the UK and USA #1 SINGLES.

That would be good to do in a couple of years. I can see Warner cashing in on that.
  • Options
    RooftopcowboyRooftopcowboy Posts: 7,242
    Forum Member
    I think its good, but it hasn't grabbed me as amazing as yet
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pop_Art wrote: »
    You know if True Blue and Who's That Girl don't make this Greatest Hits maybe its because Warner are planning a #1's album of all her number #1 singles.

It would make sense they do that at some point. This single will be her 14 UK number one. How many has she had in America? I think its only about 6 but some of the American number 1's like Take A Bow never went to number 1 here so it could be like the Beatle's number 1's combining the UK and USA #1 SINGLES.

That would be good to do in a couple of years. I can see Warner cashing in on that.

She's had 12 Number 1 singles in America to date.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She's had 12 Number 1 singles in America to date.

Really! :D

So a number #1's album will happen at some point then. Poor True Blue and Who's That Girl might just see the light of day again and get their moment on a Greatest Hits at some point lol
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why not? you not a Madonna fan or just waiting for the new Greatest Hits?

I am kind of a Madonna fan, i like her music. Not too keen on her as a person though (which doesn't matter in terms of her music), i much prefer her older stuff. In fact i think i prefered pretty much everything up until 'Hung Up'. But i'll deffinatly be buying the greatest hits.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I am kind of a Madonna fan, i like her music. Not too keen on her as a person though (which doesn't matter in terms of her music), i much prefer her older stuff. In fact i think i prefered pretty much everything up until 'Hung Up'. But i'll deffinatly be buying the greatest hits.

Did you never like Hung Up? I think Confessions is one of her best albums.

I think Hard Candy was her worst though. And although the critics panned American Life, I think thats her best work. Aside from AL the single as that was pants although the War video which was banned is genius.

I hope this uncut version makes it onto her GH DVD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_qJjTBSi-4&feature=related

Although I'm dying to know the tracklist. I hope too many classics haven't been left off but with 67 singles and only space for 36 it is hard for her to choose.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

No, i loved Hung Up, after that though i was never to keen on the rest of the singles from then onwards.

Although i do think '4 minutes' recieved too much attention basically because it was Madonna and Justin.

I brought the Hard Candy album, i only really liked candy store and the one that goes 'if i were a car i'd be an asten martin' etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I think Hard Candy was her worst though. And although the critics panned American Life, I think thats her best work. Aside from AL the single as that was pants although the War video which was banned is genius.

I hope this uncut version makes it onto her GH DVD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_qJjTBSi-4&feature=related

Although I'm dying to know the tracklist. I hope too many classics haven't been left off but with 67 singles and only space for 36 it is hard for her to choose.

One I'd love to see included is "You'll See". It may not have been one of her biggest hits but it's a fantastic ballad imo and has that gorgeous guitar lick running through it. I'm not expecting it to be included unfortunately.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, i loved Hung Up, after that though i was never to keen on the rest of the singles from then onwards.

Although i do think '4 minutes' recieved too much attention basically because it was Madonna and Justin.

I brought the Hard Candy album, i only really liked candy store and the one that goes 'if i were a car i'd be an asten martin' etc.

Oh that last one is Super Pop but it was a left over demo from the Confessions sessions. History is my fave Madonna demo along with Revenge - who I have heard Sophie Ellis Bexter has covered for her new album.
    One I'd love to see included is "You'll See". It may not have been one of her biggest hits but it's a fantastic ballad imo and has that gorgeous guitar lick running through it. I'm not expecting it to be included unfortunately.

Yeah You'll see was great. She has so many songs its too hard to choose. You'll See did make Something To Remember which by rights is her second Greatest Hits. It should be classed as that anyway.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I actually know 'you'll see' and agree it's a great track! Now you mention it, i hope it does make it to the greatest hits.

I love American Life, Music, La Isla Bonita and Hung Up.

There was another too...forgotten now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I actually know 'you'll see' and agree it's a great track! Now you mention it, i hope it does make it to the greatest hits.

I love American Life, Music, La Isla Bonita and Hung Up.

There was another too...forgotten now!

Its because she has had so many! 67 singles in the UK alone. There is only space for 36 on the double disk Greatest Hits whereas the 1 disk addition will only contian 18! :eek::(

She should have made the GH 3 disks. I will be so annoyed if This Used To Be My Playground, True Blue, Who's That Girl, Dress You Up, Causing a Commotion, Dear Jessie and I want You don't get a look in but I know there won't be space for them and that is despite This Used To Be My Playground, True Blue and Who's That Girl all being #1 singles.

But I respect she can't leave the die hard classics like Material Girl, Express Yourself, Into The Groove and Papa Don't preach off.