Options

Where's tonights (7/8/09) Eastenders thread?! Looks like this is it!

13»

Comments

• Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Did Ronnie have Joel's number the whole time considering Janine got it and called him?
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bubbly♥ wrote: »
    Yeah:). That's what he seems like at the moment, but we know
    about how hes got kids that Ronnie persuades him to leave:(.

Just notice your post and spoiler bubbly!

If it's true I think that he may backfire on the character, she's had a lot of sympathy but she may lose some of that goodwill :(

Did Ronnie have Joel's number the whole time considering Janine got it and called him?

There's a thing. What was Ronnie doing with his number in her address book :confused:
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well she did track his house down and write that letter to him, so it wouldnt be that hard to get his number from somewhere
  • Options
    Stupid_HeadStupid_Head Posts: 37,826
    Forum Member
    Lennie wrote: »
    Well she did track his house down and write that letter to him, so it wouldnt be that hard to get his number from somewhere

So she didn't need his business card then.
  • Options
    LennieLennie Posts: 25,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So she didn't need his business card then.

Yeah if she ever wanted to go down and see him, esp where he works ;):D
  • Options
    RodriguezMan267RodriguezMan267 Posts: 28,156
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »
    How camp was Joel
    Not really. :confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 661
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Just notice your post and spoiler bubbly!

If it's true I think that he may backfire on the character, she's had a lot of sympathy but she may lose some of that goodwill :(

Yep, It is true:(:D, I think she tells him it's her or the kids, which I didn't think Ronnie would do considering she was never around her daughter and knows how hard it is.:sleep:.

:D
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see Max is ALREADY manipulating Tanya and making HER feel bad about her thinking (and rightly so given his track record) that he might have had another women in the car.

All this does is give Max more power over her and he will soon be doing what he wants and she wont question anything as she will think she is just being paranoid.

Why they have turned Tanya into this pathetic, weak, desperate, dowdy women is beyond me as she was once such a good character.
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good day for the Fox's! :) (for a change ... )

I would not give the job to anyone who left there phone on duriing an interview and who walked out in the middle of an interview:rolleyes:
  • Options
    ListedBuzzListedBuzz Posts: 9,042
    Forum Member
    bubbly♥ wrote: »
    Yep, It is true:(:D, I think she tells him it's her or the kids, which I didn't think Ronnie would do considering she was never around her daughter and knows how hard it is.:sleep:.

:D

Did basically the same with Roxy and Amy. Also wanted Jack to throw Tanya and her children out on the street. So yes, it is Ronnie.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    I see Max is ALREADY manipulating Tanya and making HER feel bad about her thinking (and rightly so given his track record) that he might have had another women in the car.

All this does is give Max more power over her and he will soon be doing what he wants and she wont question anything as she will think she is just being paranoid.

Why they have turned Tanya into this pathetic, weak, desperate, dowdy women is beyond me as she was once such a good character.

I thought exactly the same thing and was very angry at him getting all huffy and saying 'you should have come up with I told you to' or something to that affect! With his track record what else was she supposed to think :confused: I would also hate it if my husband didn't give me my card etc first thing in the morning and left it until later in the day, I would definitely think he'd forgotten and it would spoil my day :(

Having said that why didn't Tanya have a card or something for him?
    SULLA wrote: »
    I would not give the job to anyone who left there phone on duriing an interview and who walked out in the middle of an interview:rolleyes:

I can only think that the other people being interviewed were absolutely abysmal and they were under pressure to hire someone that day. He was the best of a very bad bunch :D The interviewers would naturally believe that he'd be running off home with 'family emergency's' every 5 minutes in reality and wouldn't have hired him in a million years!
    ListedBuzz wrote: »
    Did basically the same with Roxy and Amy. Also wanted Jack to throw Tanya and her children out on the street. So yes, it is Ronnie.

I remember that I posted on the thread that day that Jack would have been chucking his nieces and nephew on the street if she'd had her way :eek: I know Ronnie has her fans (some of them extreme!) but she can be VERY selfish at times :mad:
  • Options
    pete137pete137 Posts: 18,412
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I thought exactly the same thing and was very angry at him getting all huffy and saying 'you should have come up with I told you to' or something to that affect! With his track record what else was she supposed to think :confused: I would also hate it if my husband didn't give me my card etc first thing in the morning and left it until later in the day, I would definitely think he'd forgotten and it would spoil my day :(

Having said that why didn't Tanya have a card or something for him?

Exactly...................he also sulked and said "is this what its going to be like then" (or something like that) !! I think Tanya was right to wait and see if Max had remembered their anniversary before she gave him a card or anything, as at the end of the day, it's Max who has to prove to her that he is going to be the good,reliable, trusting, thoughtful husband again..............................and by not even mentioning it all day and only giving her a present when he wanted a "quickie" in the bedroom, I think it showed Max for exactly the sort of slime that he is.

:)
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just watched this episode. I really hated the Max & Tanya stuff. Putting 2 and 2 together and getting 10 (as she put it) must show Tanya she's nowhere near ready to have Max back in her life. There's obviously not much trust there now.

Thank god we had the Ronnie & Joel scene's to make up for that - well, at least until Archie waded in and scared Joel off :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pete137 wrote: »
    Exactly...................he also sulked and said "is this what its going to be like then" (or something like that) !! I think Tanya was right to wait and see if Max had remembered their anniversary before she gave him a card or anything, as at the end of the day, it's Max who has to prove to her that he is going to be the good,reliable, trusting, thoughtful husband again..............................and by not even mentioning it all day and only giving her a present when he wanted a "quickie" in the bedroom, I think it showed Max for exactly the sort of slime that he is.

:)

That is a very good point. She was only going to get her pressie when he had his leg over. Nice one Max! :mad:

I really don't get her motivation for taking him back though? I know she's lonely and that most people don't have their ex living on the same square to tempt them if they're feeling vulnerable, but surely she knows what he's like and he's not going to change? After all it was made clear when the family first came on EE that he'd been 'playing around' then so Stacey was hardly his first extra marital affair was she? :confused:

I know that Abi was applying pressure and desperately wanted her parents reunited but as the adult Tanya should have stood firm - she knows what the consequences will be if Max strays again and Abi will end up even more hurt! I just don't get it :confused:

I'm not one of those people who are pleased they're back together as I can see the bigger picture. Max will stray again, no doubt about it. He wants what he can't have and now he's got Tanya he'll get bored again ...
    Prickles wrote: »
    Just watched this episode. I really hated the Max & Tanya stuff. Putting 2 and 2 together and getting 10 (as she put it) must show Tanya she's nowhere near ready to have Max back in her life. There's obviously not much trust there now.

Thank god we had the Ronnie & Joel scene's to make up for that - well, at least until Archie waded in and scared Joel off :rolleyes:

Tanya is definitely not ready to have him back. She'll never trust him again and it's going to be an uphill struggle for her IMO. :(

It was actually nice to see Ronnie smile!!!
  • Options
    MuteBananaMuteBanana Posts: 3,166
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    As soon as Tanya gave him an opening Max has returned to his aggressive sulky self. She told him last week that he could move back in, once Abi had come back from her trip so she could tell her. But he kept turning up, pushing her and pushing her to let him move in right away. Even when she turned him and his belongings away because she had Jane coming over, what did he do? He turned up, unannounced.

All this "I don't like waiting." rubbish. He's bullying her already into doing what he wants.
  • Options
    bel110bel110 Posts: 14,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't think Tanya will let Max bully her or walk all over her, her character is far stronger than she often looks. Eg she dealt with and manipulated Sean and he was a total pyscho and far scarier than Max. She also dealt very effectively with Jack, another dominating wheeler dealer who is use to getting his own way. Plus her going to prison for Lauren showed what a strong women she is. Tanya knows Max and he knows her, I think their relationship this time is on a much more even keel and they are well balanced. Yes they verbally play games but they are feeling their way at the moment in this new more equal relationship of theirs. I think Max genuinely wants to make her happy and I hope the script writers don't make him screw it up just to provide a Tanya exit storyline, because that aside I think they are one of the strongest couples in the square at present.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bel110 wrote: »
    I don't think Tanya will let Max bully her or walk all over her, her character is far stronger than she often looks. Eg she dealt with and manipulated Sean and he was a total pyscho and far scarier than Max. She also dealt very effectively with Jack, another dominating wheeler dealer who is use to getting his own way. Plus her going to prison for Lauren showed what a strong women she is. Tanya knows Max and he knows her, I think their relationship this time is on a much more even keel and they are well balanced. Yes they verbally play games but they are feeling their way at the moment in this new more equal relationship of theirs. I think Max genuinely wants to make her happy and I hope the script writers don't make him screw it up just to provide a Tanya exit storyline, because that aside I think they are one of the strongest couples in the square at present.

They might have Tanya having an affair and running off with someone else for her maternity leave exit! :eek::D That would be a turn up for the books wouldn't it but I can't see it happening. It's much more likely to be Max that strays yet again - probably with Stacey :D

I have to stay though that I do think that Max is the love of Tanya's life, or her Achilles heel if you like, and therefore (apart from trying to bury him alive:eek:) she lets him off with a lot more than she would any other man.
  • Options
    bel110bel110 Posts: 14,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They might have Tanya having an affair and running off with someone else for her maternity leave exit! :eek::D That would be a turn up for the books wouldn't it but I can't see it happening. It's much more likely to be Max that strays yet again - probably with Stacey :D

I know what you mean but I really hope Max doesn't end up back with Stacey. Would be a great tv moment though. I really hope EE can come up with a clever and origional exit for Tanya that doesn't involve affairs on either side.
    I have to stay though that I do think that Max is the love of Tanya's life, or her Achilles heel if you like, and therefore (apart from trying to bury him alive:eek:) she lets him off with a lot more than she would any other man.

Completely agree. They are like Romeo and Juliet. Madly in love but ultimately and tragically doomed!
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apologies for not being here to start the thread on Friday - was out for the night. :o

Loving the Foxes as per usual. The final scene with Owen and Liz was a good'un - it's going to be interesting when he's finally released. It's really good to see the Foxes at the heart of the drama lately; they were very much a background family last year, and now we're getting several big storylines hitting them at once. I know it feels as if 2009 has been Ronnie's year, but I think it's been a great year for the Masoods and Foxes as well. It's very much their storylines that are keeping me hooked at the moment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Apologies for not being here to start the thread on Friday - was out for the night. :o

Loving the Foxes as per usual. The final scene with Owen and Liz was a good'un - it's going to be interesting when he's finally released. It's really good to see the Foxes at the heart of the drama lately; they were very much a background family last year, and now we're getting several big storylines hitting them at once. I know it feels as if 2009 has been Ronnie's year, but I think it's been a great year for the Masoods and Foxes as well. It's very much their storylines that are keeping me hooked at the moment.

Hey, you've got to have a life, never mind threads!. Hope you had a great night out but I'm very glad you're OK and back now, phew! (wipes sweat from brow!) I just thought it was me and I couldn't see the thread for looking :D

I love the Foxes. And Chelsea is much improved since she came back :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    bel110 wrote: »
    Completely agree. They are like Romeo and Juliet. Madly in love but ultimately and tragically doomed!

I know, they can't live WITH each other but they can't live WITHOUT each other, tragic!