Options

ghost whisperer season4

Comments

• Options
    TrollheartTrollheart Posts: 5,093
    Forum Member
    Fair play to you, you're welcome to it.
    As for me, I'm off to check out "Medium". I don't like my intellience insulted like this, and I hate having put in the time watching the show to see it (for me) collapse this way.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53
    Forum Member
    Trollheart wrote: »
    Fair play to you, you're welcome to it.
    As for me, I'm off to check out "Medium". I don't like my intellience insulted like this, and I hate having put in the time watching the show to see it (for me) collapse this way.

who nos u might like the next season?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    No, afraid not. The point is that I watch a show as long as I think the writers are being reasonably fair to the audience (me), but for me this latest storyline has blighted the whole series and if they're prepared to do this, then what won't they do?
    They've ruined it for me now; I couldn't even watch older eps without thinking of how bad it's become.
    Sort of like the way Heroes went. Yes it may get better but for me it got so bad there was only one thing to do, get out, walk away and dont look back. Exactly as I feel now with Ghost Whisperer.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Trollheart wrote: »
    No, afraid not. The point is that I watch a show as long as I think the writers are being reasonably fair to the audience (me), but for me this latest storyline has blighted the whole series and if they're prepared to do this, then what won't they do?
    They've ruined it for me now; I couldn't even watch older eps without thinking of how bad it's become.
    Sort of like the way Heroes went. Yes it may get better but for me it got so bad there was only one thing to do, get out, walk away and dont look back. Exactly as I feel now with Ghost Whisperer.

wow im only half way through this season and it doesnt seem as bad as ur making it out 2 be.. but only time will tell i gess. and i totally agree with ur heroes comment
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Trolheart, Medium is one of the best written crime shows on television. Forget about the overated Law and Order and CSI. Medium is brilliant. The acting, the writing. You wanna be shocked or want twists, this is the show for you. Medium does not have any long running storylines but it does have storylines. You have 5 seasons to catch up on but it's one of those shows u can pretty much start watching from any season.

Season 5 is the season i think u shud watch which begins in september on living tv. But they are showing 4 episodes of season 1 tonight from 8pm on living tv. I found this out while waiting for army wives.

Patricia Arquette is a godess.

Back to Ghost whisperer, do not be put off by season 4's storyline, season 5 sounds just as better.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,783
    Forum Member
    You should really try to watch Medium from the start rather than jumping in at season 5. Far too much good stuff to miss out on. I especially liked when Anjelica Huston guest starred.

Season 5 was pretty good though!

And imo Medium is tons better than Ghost Whisperer
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Haven't really missed much to be fair. I suppose u will need to watch season 4 before season 5 but u really haven't missed major stuff whatsoever.

Season 4 was total shite to put it bluntly. Anjelica Houston is the only thing good i can say about it. She later appears in season 5. Her character has a good storyline.

Ghost whisperer does appeal to a wider audience compared to Medium. Medium is really aimed at for adults. But ghost whispere can appeal to teens as well as the type of show the whole family can sit down and watch.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    musicdude wrote: »
    Haven't really missed much to be fair. I suppose u will need to watch season 4 before season 5 but u really haven't missed major stuff whatsoever.

Season 4 was total shite to put it bluntly. Anjelica Houston is the only thing good i can say about it. She later appears in season 5. Her character has a good storyline.

Ghost whisperer does appeal to a wider audience compared to Medium. Medium is really aimed at for adults. But ghost whispere can appeal to teens as well as the type of show the whole family can sit down and watch.

I just think it's good to watch anything from the start and watch the character grow
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I completley agree but sometimes it can be a bit of a mission for anyone to try and find a channel that are airing the show from the start or even spend money on the boxets.
  • Options
    leithladleithlad Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Sorry dude couldnt let the mindless slur on season 4 of Medium go by,to say it was "total shite"is just plain wrong and to compound it by saying jumping in at season 5 is ok as they haven't missed much WTF,stick with GW as imo thats had 4 seasons of mediocre at best tv.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    I watched Ghost Whisperer on and off over the years but haven't seen any season 4 episodes.

I heard that Jim died and that somehow, his spirit took over naothe rman's body. One question though! I heard the actor who plays Jim is still on the show. How is that?? If he took over another man's body, despite it being Jim, don't we the viewer see the face of the other guy??? :confused::confused::confused:
  • Options
    hugsiehugsie Posts: 17,497
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaintv wrote: »
    I watched Ghost Whisperer on and off over the years but haven't seen any season 4 episodes.

I heard that Jim died and that somehow, his spirit took over naothe rman's body. One question though! I heard the actor who plays Jim is still on the show. How is that?? If he took over another man's body, despite it being Jim, don't we the viewer see the face of the other guy??? :confused::confused::confused:

Think Quantum Leap! ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,737
    Forum Member
    hugsie wrote: »
    Think Quantum Leap! ;)

So the TWO actors play the character then??! IM assuming we see old Jim when we see through Melinda's eyes, but the new actor when we see him through other people's eyes.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I completley agree but sometimes it can be a bit of a mission for anyone to try and find a channel that are airing the show from the start or even spend money on the boxets.

I used torrents
  • Options
    CorwinCorwin Posts: 16,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spaintv wrote: »
    So the TWO actors play the character then??! IM assuming we see old Jim when we see through Melinda's eyes, but the new actor when we see him through other people's eyes.

The old actor is seen 99% of the time, it's only when his reflection is seen that the new actor was used.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    leithlad wrote: »
    Sorry dude couldnt let the mindless slur on season 4 of Medium go by,to say it was "total shite"is just plain wrong and to compound it by saying jumping in at season 5 is ok as they haven't missed much WTF,stick with GW as imo thats had 4 seasons of mediocre at best tv.

So what are you trying to get at?
    I am giving a view. I thought season 4 was crap. I am sure many people will say Season 5 weren't as good even though I loved.
  • Options
    leithladleithlad Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    So what are you trying to get at?
    I am giving a view. I thought season 4 was crap. I am sure many people will say Season 5 weren't as good even though I loved.

Theres a difference between "not as good" and in your own harsh words"total shite".i'm merely giving an opposing view that season 4 was imo of a high quality in keeping with the other seasons,particularly the season long arc with Anjelica Houstons character which contained some superb episodes.:)
  • Options
    hilzibubhilzibub Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i just want it to get where it is going, wherever that may be. it is the whole drawn out nature of it that is doing for me, although i will admit that there have been some touching scenes this series.
    i am not sure that i would want 'my one true love' back if it was not really 'them' - the other body angle i find unbelievable and abhorrent somehow - either find a way to have made jim cheat death as jim (why didnt he jump back into his own body and revive it if it is that easy, hell why doesnt everybody), or not at all
    enough already...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I really did not like it. Melinda has lived her whole adult life helping people who felt short changed by death accept it and cross over. We have seen her deal with great loves and great anger, and help them face the truth. When it is her great love however the rules do not apply. Apparently hers and Jim's love is so much better than all the others that the rules do not matter.
    It makes a mockery of her life's work and how are we supposed to buy into her telling people to let go now, when she would not?
    Truthfully I would only be happy with this as a story line if their were some huge and dreadful unforeseen consequence to their choice.
    I also wonder what will happen if the actor who plays Jim decides to move on from the show? Not such a great love after all?

On a shallower note, I also find it hard to believe that a couple with so little chemistry can have this great love :o

I mean she has more chemistry with every other male in the show than the character of Jim IMO. When she acted with Jay Mohr (sp) now they had chemistry.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She is dating Jamie Kennedy in real life (Eli James in the show)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She is dating Jamie Kennedy in real life (Eli James in the show)

I know. I just never felt it with her and Jim on screen. Right from the first episode, it is like putting two pretty dolls together. It looks good, but they have no heat. I'd buy them more as brother and sister than husband and wife. They come across to me as just platonic in their interactions.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    yeh i agree to sum extent that there was probably more chemistry with jay mohr than jim.. i really liked jay mohr any chance of him cumin back?
  • Options
    hilzibubhilzibub Posts: 585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i thought that there was chemistry but that jims part was really underwritten, giving him just alot of paramedic stuff and reassuring of melinda

with better writing they could have really made it work (aka the alison/joe marriage in medium)

it is just so clear that GW is a vehicle for JLH and that the secondary characters really suffer as a result

I agree that this storyline makes a mockery of evrything that we have seen unless it leads to something that will justify and/or redress the balance
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hilzibub wrote: »
    i thought that there was chemistry but that jims part was really underwritten, giving him just alot of paramedic stuff and reassuring of melinda

with better writing they could have really made it work (aka the alison/joe marriage in medium)

it is just so clear that GW is a vehicle for JLH and that the secondary characters really suffer as a result

I agree that this storyline makes a mockery of evrything that we have seen unless it leads to something that will justify and/or redress the balance

The chemistry thing is subjective, but they just leave me cold. It is not the acting it is them together. I just don't feel it. Affection yes, passion no.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    hugsie wrote: »
    I really did not like it. Melinda has lived her whole adult life helping people who felt short changed by death accept it and cross over. We have seen her deal with great loves and great anger, and help them face the truth. When it is her great love however the rules do not apply. Apparently hers and Jim's love is so much better than all the others that the rules do not matter.
    It makes a mockery of her life's work and how are we supposed to buy into her telling people to let go now, when she would not?
    Truthfully I would only be happy with this as a story line if their were some huge and dreadful unforeseen consequence to their choice.
    I also wonder what will happen if the actor who plays Jim decides to move on from the show? Not such a great love after all?

On a shallower note, I also find it hard to believe that a couple with so little chemistry can have this great love :o

I mean she has more chemistry with every other male in the show than the character of Jim IMO. When she acted with Jay Mohr (sp) now they had chemistry.

EXACTLY how I feel, thank you! Why should the rules be different for Melinda and Jim? Why should THEY get to live happily ever after, with no consequences? How mnay times has Melinda told people they HAVE to cross over, they CAN'T stay here, no matter how much they want to, but now Jim is ok to do so? What about his father, whom we heard was waiting for him? What about his brother? He's going to (has) undo the laws of time, space, life and death and stubbornly stay in the land of the living, when no-one else can?

I just do not buy it. It's unfair, it's illogical and it does not sit right. Melinda should have the guts to be able to tell Jim/Sam/whatever the hell he's called these days that he has to go into the light, and if she doesn't then she must be punished (ooh yes please!) :) --- seriously, there HAVE to be consequences, there has to be a high price paid for this flagrant flouting of the natural order.

But there doesn't seem to be, other than the love interest angle. So I've given up.

TBH the stories were pretty much recycled too, lack of vision all around.