[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 499
Forum Member
Fergie and The Estate aka Duchess on the Estate, ITV1 NOW

Anyone watching?

Comments

• Options
    nick202nick202 Posts: 9,919
    Forum Member
    I'm watching - I'm afraid I'm finding it cringeworthy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 361
    Forum Member
    I turned it off after 5 minutes. I just get bored with the "Let's pop in Mary Poppins style for a week and sort everything out and it'll be wonderful and glorious"

It's a bit patronising really. If it was that straightforward, then the residents would have done it themselves aeons ago.
  • Options
    wuffleswuffles Posts: 45,780
    Forum Member
    The people of Wythenshawe are up in arms about they way they've been presented on this. I'm surprised they haven't burnt any effigies yet!
  • Options
    snoopy33snoopy33 Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    wuffles wrote: »
    The people of Wythenshawe are up in arms about they way they've been presented on this. I'm surprised they haven't burnt any effigies yet!

I saw that on the local news but some of the people on the prog are slagging off the estate .Were they given a script what to say or what were they told the prog was about? Maybe they were promised more money from gov !
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Might have torched a few Ford Focus's tho:D
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    Jolly hockey sticks. By jove let me get stuck into the washing up, get down to sorting this place out, which she won't of course. Complete waste of time. Might as well get challenge anneka to get a youth club for the teenagers. Maybe she could put some money into it. Britain is dyeing. We dont manufacture anything, no money about, job losses, so more kids running riot. The government needs a good shake up. By the looks of things everyones gonna be on benefits.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Northern Moor is the 'posh' part of Wythy as well. Fergie should have gone to Wythy Town Centre hahahaha
    Radio M'cr is doing a live breakfast show from there tomorrow - you can hear it on the internet if you are interested...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 366
    Forum Member
    brisky wrote: »
    "Let's pop in Mary Poppins style for a week and sort everything out and it'll be wonderful and glorious"

It's a bit patronising really. If it was that straightforward, then the residents would have done it themselves aeons ago.

I think her heart is in the right place but I agree with you.
  • Options
    pussyfootpussyfoot Posts: 740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What on earth is the point of this program apart from the usual self promotion of the 'duchess of freeloaders'. Is she trying to promote herself as the new 'peoples princess'. whoever thought up this patronising dirge needs putting in the tower! :mad:
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,060
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    CJ Marlowe wrote: »
    I think her heart is in the right place but I agree with you.

The residents of Northern Moor are up in arms about the profile of their neighbourhood. Northern Moor is mostly old council houses bought by their owners - it's very "suburban", they have a very good community centre, and Fergie had nothing to do going there. Now, those people are worried about the effect on their house prices, etc... If she had really gone to the "Shameless" part of Wythy, then she would have had something to rabbit on about, but I doubt she would have confronted the people there!!!
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm glad that the dole covers enough to buy cigarettes, alcohol and acrylic nails.
    Also no dentist on the estate I see.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    I'm sure she did a programme like this before, with a family of dentist-dodging dole dossers :confused:
  • Options
    DavetheScotDavetheScot Posts: 16,623
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    pussyfoot wrote: »
    What on earth is the point of this program apart from the usual self promotion of the 'duchess of freeloaders'. Is she trying to promote herself as the new 'peoples princess'. whoever thought up this patronising dirge needs putting in the tower! :mad:

I'd rather have the Duchess of York than the "people's princess" anytime.
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dd68 wrote: »
    I'm glad that the dole covers enough to buy cigarettes, alcohol and acrylic nails.
    Also no dentist on the estate I see.

Have they got a poundland??
  • Options
    CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    summerain wrote: »
    I'm sure she did a programme like this before, with a family of dentist-dodging dole dossers :confused:

That was the trying to tackle Obesity one.
  • Options
    dd68dd68 Posts: 17,841
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Have they got a poundland??

All they have are solicitors offices! I laughed when the obese woman said that one of the closed shops could be opened and sell fruit!
  • Options
    BoyardBoyard Posts: 5,393
    Forum Member
    If it's so nice there how come all the shops were boarded up and their OWN RESIDENTS were saying how shit, boring and depressing it was there? Sounds like these people moaning are just worried about their property prices!

I enjoyed the programme even if Fergie came across as a bit naive.
  • Options
    stargirl 2stargirl 2 Posts: 2,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    nothing venture nothing gained i say.

cant wait for next weeks programme.
  • Options
    Eat The TellyEat The Telly Posts: 898
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'd rather not.

When I heard she was hoping this would act as a pilot for a US version I knew what she was up to.

She is an official spokesperson for Weight Watchers in the States. They are probably being lined up as the lead sponsor as we speak. Is is all about $$$ at the end of the day.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Will this be shown online anywhere? I missed it last night
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,418
    Forum Member
    CANDYANGEL wrote: »
    That was the trying to tackle Obesity one.

Oh yes, I remember now. I seem to remember her interfering in other areas of their lives too, like disciplining the kids.
    NikkiClo wrote: »
    Will this be shown online anywhere? I missed it last night

It might be on the ITV player thing (like the BBC iPlayer), but it never works for me.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,704
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh yes, I remember now. I seem to remember her interfering in other areas of their lives too, like disciplining the kids.

It might be on the ITV player thing (like the BBC iPlayer), but it never works for me.
    I tried it but it says videos can only be viewed if you are in the UK, that is so annoying..I wonder will anyone youtube it
  • Options
    John DoughJohn Dough Posts: 146,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭

Charles and Camilla?:confused::o
    Yes it's a topic that Fergie has covered before.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fergie is very needy. I only caught a bit of her on Five Live the other day but her pitiful responses to some of the, admittedly tough, questions suggested the TV programme was all about her problems not the estate's.
  • Options
    OvalteenieOvalteenie Posts: 24,169
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think she means well. Give her a break. :)