Options

I have had a stone stuck in my throat since i was a baby..

rick182rick182 Posts: 11,092
Forum Member
✭✭
Yes a stone as a stone you would see on the floor! I swallowed it as a baby and till this day I feel it.. Its beneath my adams apple.. And the doctors refuse to remove it incase they damage my cords! Should I get a second opionen?

Comments

• Options
    XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    Yes!!!!
  • Options
    SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rick, do the doctors agree that you have a stone stuck in your throat? Does it show up on X-rays?

Why didn't it just pass through your gut and out the other end after you swallowed it?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    because it got lodged there. and yeah the doctors made it out on the x-ray
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 11,093
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I find this incredibly difficult to believe.

If a foreign body was lodged anywhere in the upper airways it would be surgically removed to prevent it becoming lodged in the bronchi.
  • Options
    Babe RainbowBabe Rainbow Posts: 34,349
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find this incredibly difficult to believe.

If a foreign body was lodged anywhere in the upper airways it would be surgically removed to prevent it becoming lodged in the bronchi.

Weird kind of thing to make up though :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well since its under my adams apple.. It could cause some damage and leave me with a damaged voice box
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    rick182 wrote: »
    Well since its under my adams apple.. It could cause some damage and leave me with a damaged voice box

When you say 'under your adams apple' you mean that it is effectively resting on your vocal folds? That would affect speech an incredible amount. Your speech is normal I assume?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes my speech is fine!
  • Options
    TheMaskTheMask Posts: 10,219
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yesp my thspeech is pine..:p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Guys, why wate your time in here if you think he's making it up?! Stop coming up with questions to try and catch someone out in an advice thread, it's not helpful! :o
    Rick182- yes I think you should get a second opinion :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes my speech is fine!

Then in my opinion (I'm a Speech & Language Therapist) you should definitely get a second opinion.
  • Options
    culturemancultureman Posts: 11,701
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I had a frog in my throat once.

Would the doctors operate .....?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Guys, why wate your time in here if you think he's making it up?! Stop coming up with questions to try and catch someone out in an advice thread, it's not helpful! :o
    Rick182- yes I think you should get a second opinion :)

I don't think he's making it up but I think there is next to no chance that a medical professional would leave a foreign body lodged in an infant's trachea. It's very smooth in there and the only place it could feasibly be lodged is just above the vocal folds which would affect speech a lot and be incredibly dangerous.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    I don't think he's making it up but I think there is next to no chance that a medical professional would leave a foreign body lodged in an infant's trachea. It's very smooth in there and the only place it could feasibly be lodged is just above the vocal folds which would affect speech a lot and be incredibly dangerous.

Sorry, i misconstrued (I think thats the word i need!) your post :o. My apologies that was my fault!
  • Options
    CaxtonCaxton Posts: 28,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Is this another bread knife in the eye post ?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,771
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do not believe this for a second.

Previous posting history makes no mention of this, and the whole lot together (previous posts taken into account) scream "attention seeker".
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    muffin789 wrote: »

Previous posting history makes no mention of this, and the whole lot together (previous posts taken into account) scream "attention seeker".

Why would I bring it up in previous posts?:rolleyes:
  • Options
    SigurdSigurd Posts: 26,610
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Rick, how big is the stone?
  • Options
    clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    I suppose the Doctor maybe thinks that if it hasn;t caused any trouble for the 20 odd years its been there it could be more of a risk to operate, I would get a second opinion though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,147
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    TheMask wrote: »
    Yesp my thspeech is pine..:p

:D:D:D ... :o
  • Options
    burton07burton07 Posts: 10,871
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Why would I bring it up in previous posts?:rolleyes:

Why bring it up now? Unless it has started to cause problems, in which case: see a doctor. Or to use DS speak SYGP
  • Options
    ebjeebeebjeebe Posts: 7,810
    Forum Member
    muffin789 wrote: »

Unbelievable! :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 548
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    My Sister has gravel/stones in her knee!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 294
    Forum Member
    Just to point out the obvious... how can something you have swallowed (ie it has gone down your esophagus) end up in your windpipe?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    by getting stuck