Options

Rude celebs on twitter

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 184
Forum Member
I know they must get 100s of messages an hour but don't any of them reply to their fans ?!

Comments

• Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Why, who have you messaged?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,204
    Forum Member
    Is it Katie Price? :s
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,370
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think you just answered your own question there... they get 100s of messages an hour. Do a search for your celeb's name with @ in front of it and you can see exactly who's been writing to them. Seriously - if they were to reply to even one tenth of everyone who wrote, they'd be there all day.

People like Noel Clarke occasionally have 'competitions' where they'll answer a set number of questions, but even answering 30 questions takes up to an hour.
  • Options
    Miss_MooMiss_Moo Posts: 8,997
    Forum Member
    My friend is friends with someone famous on twitter and he told her it was impossible to reply to every single person that tweets them.
  • Options
    allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I suppose it depends what you tweet doesnt it? Who are you after? Some celebs only send out tweets they never RT fans back.

Myself and friend (you know who you are!! :D) decided yesterday afternoon if we could get Ryan Seacrest to tweet us as we are big fans ;)- he has one of the biggest followings - over 2 million so we didnt know how good our chances were.

Still we managed it...he did RT us back and we were pretty thrilled ;) .Yes, I know we are sad, but it made our afternoon LOL!

I also had a Direct Message from Davina the other night too :) .
  • Options
    Hutchy_MuseHutchy_Muse Posts: 7,085
    Forum Member
    I got a reply from Davina once, and got noticed!!
  • Options
    cfc86cfc86 Posts: 31,809
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I got a reply by Una Healy from The Saturdays once.
    Also got a tweet from Tom McFly's girlfriend not long after I joined. Can't remember it now but still remember Una's.
  • Options
    natalie77natalie77 Posts: 2,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I received a couple of replies from Matt Littler (who played Max in Hollyoaks) last week which were my first celeb responses having sent quite alot of messages to other celebs but I appreciate that they must get so many questions that they probably only answer the more interesting questions
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dave Gorman has replied to me a few times.
  • Options
    Agent KrycekAgent Krycek Posts: 39,269
    Forum Member
    sbds1 wrote: »
    Dave Gorman has replied to me a few times.

And me.

I'm currently staying off twitter, one of my favourite people has joined and I don't think I'll be able to resist the temptation to send him highly inappropriate tweets :o
  • Options
    EtherealEthereal Posts: 36,118
    Forum Member
    I've had a reply from Jade Ewen and Keisha from Sugababes. Some of them do actually bother to reply to people but not many.
  • Options
    j24j24 Posts: 3,932
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had a few replies from Jason Manford, he seems to reply to alot of his follows :)
  • Options
    kiviraatkiviraat Posts: 4,634
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've only really messaged lesser known celebs and got a few answers. Made my day it did :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0
    Forum Member
    Dean Andrews is lovely- he replies.
  • Options
    Tori's SoapboxTori's Soapbox Posts: 4,567
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I've had replies from a fair number of celebs I follow and have been gracious enough to follow back.

The worst culprits for me are those Z-list soap stars and I mean Tom Lister and Nick Miles here who whilst having far less followers then some normal folk I know, repeatedly do not reply to polite tweets or questions. It's just rude.
  • Options
    alfiewozerealfiewozere Posts: 29,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    allie5 wrote: »
    I suppose it depends what you tweet doesnt it? Who are you after? Some celebs only send out tweets they never RT fans back.

Myself and friend (you know who you are!! :D) decided yesterday afternoon if we could get Ryan Seacrest to tweet us as we are big fans ;)- he has one of the biggest followings - over 2 million so we didnt know how good our chances were.

Still we managed it...he did RT us back and we were pretty thrilled ;) .Yes, I know we are sad, but it made our afternoon LOL!

I also had a Direct Message from Davina the other night too :) .
    And what did the lovely Ryan have to say for himself? Did you tell him of our campaign to get him on XF?:D
  • Options
    allie5allie5 Posts: 4,554
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And what did the lovely Ryan have to say for himself? Did you tell him of our campaign to get him on XF?:D

Well KIND OF :D He divulged to us he is coming over to the UK "soon" so we had better get that campaign started sharpish :D .

O'Leary OUT Seacrest IN ...;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well KIND OF :D He divulged to us he is coming over to the UK "soon" so we had better get that campaign started sharpish :D .

Oooooohhhh - wonder if him and Simon will be having more date nights, errr, sorry, trips to lapdancing clubs ;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oooooohhhh - wonder if him and Simon will be having more date nights, errr, sorry, trips to lapdancing clubs ;)
    I might tweet him myself and ask that very question!:D:):D

And as for the campaign, yes definitely O'Leary OUT, Seacrest IN.:D
  • Options
    angelafisherangelafisher Posts: 4,150
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not too long ago the delectable Jenni Falconer said how much she loved Twitter and used it alot. When the interviewer said that she could may be attract the wrong type of attention she made a big deal about how great it was that you could be non-judgemental. So, presumably, she has no stalkers and answers everyones tweet!!
  • Options
    FortyTwo25FortyTwo25 Posts: 5,170
    Forum Member
    Mylah Morales replied to me when I told her happy birthday it was a conversation consisting of two tweets each lol she's also my FB 'friend' I'm so tempted to ask her how much it'll cost for her to sort my face out but I'm scared :-p
  • Options
    C14EC14E Posts: 32,165
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ah, so that was you! I saw that. :D

He does reply to a few messages, but I think he's on about 2 million followers now. Probably thousands (tens of thousands) of messages every day so it's just not practical to reply to them all.

Generally, that's what most of them do. Just pick out a few questions that might be of interest to lots of other people and answer them.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I might tweet him myself and ask that very question!:D:):D

And as for the campaign, yes definitely O'Leary OUT, Seacrest IN.:D

I do adore Ryan, think he's a fab host (apart from what he did to Michael Johns, don't care if it was scripted, he shouldn't have gone along with it :mad: ) , but can one show really cope with the combined campness of Louis, Simon and Ryan :eek::D
  • Options
    StudmuffinStudmuffin Posts: 4,377
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davina's very good about replying to tweets and she gets hundreds.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I do adore Ryan, think he's a fab host (apart from what he did to Michael Johns, don't care if it was scripted, he shouldn't have gone along with it :mad: ) , but can one show really cope with the combined campness of Louis, Simon and Ryan :eek::D
    YES!!!! It would be TV gold:D