Options

Corrie's Unhappy Father Todd To Be Snared Part 5 (Part 4)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,986
Forum Member
Sir Michael of Booth has added another blog entry to PSF...More than one bit of good news!

And at the end of it, he says that he'll "be on Radio Lancashire next Tuesday at 10pm talking about how I got into filmmaking and my projects." So there'll surely be Bar Stewards talk...and hopefully at least a lil summat on Chris, too!

Comments

• Options
    Forum Member
    Ooh, we've made it to part 4 of Snared...of part 5 of Snared! :D

Just come across a Collectormania Bruno pic that I don't recall seeing before.
  • Options
    corriandercorriander Posts: 6,207
    Forum Member
    tkthinker wrote: »
    Ooh, we've made it to part 4 of Snared...of part 5 of Snared! :D

Just come across a Collectormania Bruno pic that I don't recall seeing before.

New on me Joanna.:)

Kev
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bar Stewards writer/director/etc Michael Booth and fellow BSer Paul Coppack were interviewed on BBC Radio Lancashire last night...with Chris F getting talked about briefly and a lil namecheck in there for Todd! I've done a recording (music edited out, etc...) of the interview and uploaded an mp3 copy of it HERE (Chris stuff can be heard from soon after the 16 minute mark).

The show they were on can be listened to again, on iplayer, for the next week...Michael and Paul being introduced from just under the 15 minute mark and Todd namechecked from exactly 33 minutes and 55 seconds!

(Btw, though it's the John Barnes show they're on, it's actually...as Mike's now said...Joe Wilson who actually did the interviewing!)

Btw, in the latest Soaplife, in a feature on Jason entering/winning the Mr Gay Weatherfield contest, Todd (directly and indirectly) gets referenced in a couple of the pic descriptions...Jason can't wait to tell Todd he's now Mr Gay Weatherfield....Don't tell the singer but it's his brother who's the gay one...
  • Options
    Taz93Taz93 Posts: 13,315
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Doesn't RK post reviews here any more?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Taz93 wrote: »
    Well, the last one he did was on 21st of last month... I don't know whether he's completely stopped doing them or not.

If you scroll own to the Doctor Who bit HERE, you'll see...

A couple of tidbits from the forums over at Gallifrey Base. For one thing, IMDB is now claiming that Bruno Langley, who played Adam back in season one, will appear in David Tennant's final episode. Is Adam coming back to cause trouble again? Or is this another instance of the Doctor traveling back into his own past, like the thing where the tenth Doctor drops in on Rose before she's met the ninth Doctor? Oh, and there's a rumor — and I emphasize rumor — that a 1960s companion will turn up. But forum posters don't think it'll be Carole Ann Ford, because she's turning up in a Big Finish audio production, and those usually avoid using elements that are turning up on the TV show.

Hmm, I can't find anything on IMDb to that effect...and I'm not registered with Gallifrey Base.......
  • Options
    LovelyLauraLovelyLaura Posts: 50,041
    Forum Member
    Btw, in the latest Soaplife, in a feature on Jason entering/winning the Mr Gay Weatherfield contest, Todd (directly and indirectly) gets referenced in a couple of the pic descriptions...Jason can't wait to tell Todd he's now Mr Gay Weatherfield....Don't tell the singer but it's his brother who's the gay one...

Hahaha, how time's have changed! When Jason first found out Todd was gay, there's no way he'd be so excited to him that he's now Mr Gay Weatherfield, or even entered the comp in the first place!! :D

Interesting about IMDB and Bruno....but I can't see anything about that on there either so I presume it's false/uncomfirmed info so has been removed?

I don't think there's any way that Bruno would return as Adam though but I could imagine him doing another DW ep as a different character :)

Laura xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Taz93 wrote: »

Why not ask the legend that is RK? I expect he's on holiday.
    :)
    Kev
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well, thatzit. BL returns to Dr. Who.:confused:
    Hmm.

Kev
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well we could only wish ne c'est pas?:)

I did think that the Jason Mr. Weatherfield stuff was excellent on Friday. It reminded me of an episode of Shameless where Jodie Latham strips off and does a dance in a gay bar. But I think it shows that Daran LIttle is having an influence again on Corrie.:)

I thought the only actor who let him down was you know who.:(

Kev
  • Options
    Forum Member
    (finally!) Chris Finch BS blog time again!...Finchy and the girls! :D (Note that there is 'language' in the soundtrack to this blog...a blog where Chris mainly talks and Cop mainly...well, mainly does something else! ;):D)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    (finally!) Chris Finch BS blog time again!...Finchy and the girls! :D (Note that there is 'language' in the soundtrack to this blog...a blog where Chris mainly talks and Cop mainly...well, mainly does something else! ;):D)

I thoroughly enjoyed that, Joanna, so thank you.:)

Kev
  • Options
    Forum Member
    From a Mail interview with Arlene Philips....

Smiling, Arlene admits that the last time she was persuaded to break this self-imposed rule was last summer at an after-show party for Flashdance, a show she choreographed.

‘I danced for the first time in years and those naughty dancers filmed it and put it on YouTube,’ she says.

‘That was wicked. So no, I can’t just get up and dance and I don’t. People expect so much of you.’
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I saw that she had a hit workout album back in 1982 or something.:)

Kev
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi everyone, just to let you all know that my Bruno website now has its own twitter page, where I'll be tweeting with all the latest Bruno news/updates etc so please feel free to follow @blangleyfans :)

How are we all anyway? I had a bit of a Toddfest over the weekend lol, catching up with some old clips....don't really watch Corrie anymore though but have dipped in on occasion....cool to see Toddo still being mentioned (loved when Sean mentioned recently that Jason had taken Tina to see Todd! :D ) and it's good to see Daran Little back writing for the show too....I've managed to catch two of his eps so far although not sure if there's been anymore.

Btw, if anyone's looking for a Todd/Karl style story to fill the "void" lol, then I'd recommend the current Christian/Syed storyline in Eastenders....it's a fab storyline and reminds me a lot of TK in many ways. The chemistry between the actors is magic and just a bit special too. I'm quite hopeful that EE won't "do a Corrie" with the storyline but guess we'll have to wait and see!

Laura xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hi Laura,
    Nice to talk to you. I am loving the gay storyline on EastEnders. I think it is truly well-acted and also genuinely rivetting. I also think it is daring. It's kind of not just a gay storyline but a storyline about clashes in morals and values between different religions in Britain today.:)

Still waiting for some key Bruno news. We shall need the patience of saints, but then we always do.:)

He ought to do a panto.:)

Cheers

Kev
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The 'stage' section of Chris's Spotlight CV has been updated to confirm his part in the And Did Those Feet revival next year (11 March to 10 April).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well that's something in a world in which there has not been much good news. RIP Stephen Gately from the Todd thread.

Kev
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Well that's the enda that . . . . . .:(

Kev
  • Options
    Forum Member
    A certain someone has been completely forgotten about...AGAIN... :mad: :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Same as it ever was.:mad:

Kev
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Halal Harry...the film in which Bruno played a taxi driver (just ignore the fact his CV says milkman, as I know from seeing the film myself that this is completely wrong!)...is now available to download from the official website for the film! Btw, note that, although it mentions paypal for the ordering of it, if you click into either of the links, you'll see you can also pay by card. Says it costs 1p, though...That can't be right! :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bar Stewards ADR session (includes footage of Chris both doing some ADRing and talking about it)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Bruno is currently working on a musical project - listen to him singing on his official myspace page here :)

He's also now on twitter too: http://www.twitter.com/brunolangley

Laura xx
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Coolio! Loved hearing him sing those songs (Smile/Human/In The Wee Small Hours). And there's a lovely picture of him and his son, Freddie, on there.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the interesting news above. Kev:)