Options

Jack tweed Arrested... (Merged)

Comments

• Options
    OlgaChristieOlgaChristie Posts: 15,329
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Omah wrote: »
    It seems to me that many contributing FMs are very judgemental without having access to the evidence - baseless speculation is rife - I wondered how many FMs, apart from me, have sat on juries for Crown Court trials ..... :confused:

I have actually - twice at Leeds Crown Court (I didn`t realise you could be called more than once) ;) The first time a pool of volunteers were amassed to be put forward to be selected to serve on a very high profile mass murder trial - volunteers because of the gruesome nature of the trial - I declined, but served on a rape trial instead. No detail is spared at a rape trial - the background of both the accused and the accuser are gone into in fine detail ...............Jack Tweed will need a very good lawyer to save himself from prison I would say ;)

The fact that the girl went straight to the police directly after the incident, rather than waiting until the next day or even days after (which does happen), or to the media first, and was subsequently examined at a special rape unit, does lend substance to her allegations.........photographs will have been taken of any bruises or injuries - all of which will be shown in court.
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems to me that many contributing FMs are very judgemental without having access to the evidence - baseless speculation is rife - I wondered how many FMs, apart from me, have sat on juries for Crown Court trials ..... :confused:

Tabby has TWICE
  • Options
    aggsaggs Posts: 29,461
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    markymids wrote: »
    This 'girl' isn't the one who has been accused.. this 'girl' isn't the one who's going through hell right now locked away in a cell, this 'girl' isn't the one who has to stand in the dock and protest her innocence.

Until Jack is found guilty I think everybody should back off the poor lad - yes he might have had altercations with people in the past, this doesn't mean he's a rapist.

Oh she will, she will.
  • Options
    DollyDumplingDollyDumpling Posts: 2,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I was a jury member on an attempted murder trial.

Does that make my opinion that some comments are totally out of order any more valid?:confused:
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,100
    Forum Member
    Mindbear wrote: »
    I think one thing people are forgetting here, and I've mentioned this before. Generally, as far as my knowledge goes (and I do have some), the police won't proceed with a case unless they are pretty darn sure they can get a guilty conviction. If there's no evidence, nothing at all to go by, they can be known to put the victim off proceeding.

It would be the Central Prosecution Service who decide if a case is persude....

Seperate from the rape charge is the reason why he is back in prison.
  • Options
    i4ui4u Posts: 55,100
    Forum Member
    I regularly watch Judge Judy.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i4u wrote: »

Seperate from the rape charge is the reason why he is back in prison.

It's common legal practice to do that
  • Options
    DollyDumplingDollyDumpling Posts: 2,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

:D Good one.
  • Options
    LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member

Omah, sitting on a jury doesn't make you, or anyone else who's done the same, a QC.
  • Options
    BerBer Posts: 24,562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I'm a Gooner so I wish you had. But really, why didn't she scream for help? I know if someone tried to do that to me I'd scream the house down.

You might like to think you would, but you have absolutely no idea what you would actually do if (god forbid) you ever found yourself in the position of being raped by 3 men.
  • Options
    Sem1Sem1 Posts: 4,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ber wrote: »
    You might like to think you would, but you have absolutely no idea what you would actually do if (god forbid) you ever found yourself in the position of being raped by 3 men.

My throught exactly. No one know how they will react until it happens to them (God forbid).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This 'girl' isn't the one who has been accused.. this 'girl' isn't the one who's going through hell right now locked away in a cell, this 'girl' isn't the one who has to stand in the dock and protest her innocence.

Until Jack is found guilty I think everybody should back off the poor lad - yes he might have had altercations with people in the past, this doesn't mean he's a rapist.
    A few posts ago this girl was a liar, according to you and Jack was innocent.
    And if the girl has indeed been raped by Tweed you can believe she is going through far worse than him......
    Sem1 wrote: »
    If this girl has infact been raped by Tweed then I can assure you that she is going through hell right now.
    Exactly.
    So what if he sleeps around - do you really think that this girl went back to his flat as a bastion of virtue and virginity? :confused:

There's no doubt in my mind that she knew full well what was on the cards as she trumbled along with him to his home.. :rolleyes:
    Again, you are making a case based on assumption, and possible untruths, to suit your own point of view and argument on Jack Tweed. By the way you form your argument I can tell your judgement on the case is slightly biased and not open minded........
    Also....it is so Double standards when you claim that it's ok that Tweed sleeps around but act as if it's awful if the girl does too.....:rolleyes:
    Exactly - people are just jumping to conclusions about him because of his violent past. I think people should give him the benefit of the doubt for now.
    People are being cyncial about him, and are open to the possibility he could have raped because of his criminal record of violence......and that is understandable. They have not made a judgement as wherther he is guilty or not.....What people should not do however is follow your example, by judging the the girl, who could have indeed been raped due to the fact they like the accused ''rapist''.

If we followed your example should we judge a woman who accuses a charming, popular, seemlying nice guy of Domestic violence? Because it has been proven, on the outside they may be perfect and nice, but behind close doors they can be a monster.......
    Telling people to calm down is a bit rich coming from someone who called the girl involved a slapper and that Tweed must be innocent 'cos you love him!
    Agreed.
    Because my Jack is not a rapist - I'd know if he were. I am very good at judging what people are really like on the inside and Jack is not capable of rape - he just isn't.
    You don't know personally Tweed....well not to my knowledge anyway. But if you indeed do not know Tweed personally you cannot know what he is ''like on the inside''.
    ''My Jack''......:eek:
    I think only a signifcant other or his mum has the right to call Tweed ''My Jack''. Again you have contradicted yourself by reverting by to your orginal POV that Tweed's innocent. Something which is a total assumption.

So do I.:D
  • Options
    SlojoSlojo Posts: 4,230
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hufty, no-one deserves to be spoken to with language like that.

But I ask you, how could you get raped in a pokey flat with several friends in the next room? All she had to do was scream, shout and ask her friends for help, but she didn't.

That's what's troubling me.

Can't comment on calling out etc but The photos may be deceptive.

You will find its actualy a fairly large house.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1203797/Jack-Tweed-springs-action-moves-mattress-belongings-new-bachelor-pad.html
  • Options
    mmcdmmcd Posts: 8,558
    Forum Member
    Because my Jack is not a rapist - I'd know if he were. I am very good at judging what people are really like on the inside and Jack is not capable of rape - he just isn't.

My Jack? Are you related? Business partner? Close friend? I know of two Marks mentioned recently in the newspaper alongside Jack - one a friend and one a business partner. That would certainly make your bias towards him understandable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 33,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    and Cleo Roccos said he was nice intelligent young man lol......
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My throught exactly. No one know how they will react until it happens to them (God forbid).

I'm just trying to think of other violent crimes where the victim is subjected to as much "questioning" as rape.

If a person is attacked and beaten up on the street no-one expects the victim to account for their behaviour beforehand, or questions why they didn't fight back or scream.

If a person is mugged and gives up their bag/wallet freely no one questions why they did so without fighting.

So why, when a person (male or female) is raped are they subjected to such questioning???
  • Options
    Dolby KidDolby Kid Posts: 912
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I have - twice, and on one of those occasions I was foreman of the jury.

Though I don't think I've said anything too judgemental, in fact I'm sceptical about this supposed rape claim and wouldn't be surprised if it were some sort of stitch up.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 20,096
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just trying to think of other violent crimes where the victim is subjected to as much "questioning" as rape.

If a person is attacked and beaten up on the street no-one expects the victim to account for their behaviour beforehand, or questions why they didn't fight back or scream.

If a person is mugged and gives up their bag/wallet freely no one questions why they did so without fighting.

So why, when a person (male or female) is raped are they subjected to such questioning???

Very true.
    Agreed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RacerWelsh wrote: »
    and Cleo Roccos said he was nice intelligent young man lol......

"Whats an emvreeo???"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very true.
    Agreed.

They say Tweed was questioned for 21 hours
  • Options
    LittleChickenLittleChicken Posts: 5,916
    Forum Member
    mmcd wrote: »
    My Jack? Are you related? Business partner? Close friend? I know of two Marks mentioned recently in the newspaper alongside Jack - one a friend and one a business partner. That would certainly make your bias towards him understandable.

Anyone who's witnessed Marky on threads about Tweed before will know he's in 'love' with him and is an unabashed apologist for anything he does. He can do no wrong in his eyes, and doubtless if Tweed is found guilty, he'll find other 'excuses' for his behaviour.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jack Tweed is being regarded as a strong potential target of prison violence, according to reports.

Staff at Pentonville Prison reportedly consider Tweed at risk due to his fame and the nature of his alleged offence.
    Apparently has guards watching him closely in his private cell to prevent him from being attacked.

Michael Glover, the son of a fellow inmate, told The Sun: "A lot of people are shouting out of their cells, having a go at him." Glover continued: "My dad gave him some food and Jack was just sitting down on his bed crying. My dad said he looked like he was s**ting himself."

Tweed was reportedly crying after his family failed to visit him last night.

So as I said earlier Pentonville is not a cushy nick
  • Options
    Forum Member

That is a very good point.
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member

LOVE IT... lol lol lol lol lol :D
  • Options
    Forum Member

I have been called to jury service on 3 separate occasions - one for a district court, one for a high court trial which lasted 3 weeks and the third I managed to get out of. On both occasions I was on jury service, I was foreperson of the jury which was quite scary actually but both cases were quite interesting. They were not rape cases.