Options

Were did Team what the hell you call them go wrong this year

titfortattitfortat Posts: 9,126
Forum Member
Big Brother had given them a free pass to the fooking final by putting Kris up. So were did it go wrong for the foursome of Marcus Freddie Siavash and Noirin.

Was it Bea?
Was it Siavash and Noirin?
Was it the wakett?

I need answers.

Comments

• Options
    MerryOMerryO Posts: 1,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the secret task fr the new HMs. We lost the chance to get Lisa out that week and it was all downhill from there :(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    MerryO wrote: »
    It was the secret task fr the new HMs. We lost the chance to get Lisa out that week and it was all downhill from there :(

ahh yes :mad::mad: we would of had Lisa and Charlie up that week. What a shit task that was.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 68,508
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There was no team 'what the hell you call them' or they would have had a name. Half the time Marcus didn't like Siavash, Bea didn't like Freddie, Bea didn't like Noirin (at all), etc. Lisa's alleged 'team' were on their way out; only David, homing in like a heat-seeking missile on Lisa, had an unbreakable link to Lisa once Kris and Karly had gone. Enchanted by his shiny new friends, Freddie didn't notice that there were not enough of them.

Marcus and Siavash, at different but overlapping times, went into a giant sulk, and for very similar reasons. They affronted all the other housemates by seeming to look at the game they loved and valued with contempt. Siavash stopped playing. Freddie was openly contemptuous. Marcus retreated to his quilt. Not one of them devoted two minutes of their valuable time trying to befriend the non-alligned group of Sophie, Rodrigo and Charlie. Charlie, who had openly announced that he would not stand by Lisa if she looked like the losing side, found that no one apart from her, Sophie and Rodrigo seemed to have much time for his fitful charm.

Bea crashed and burned. The boyfriends had no interest in Amigos or any other feature of the game and walked.

Freddie, Marcus and Siavash were left with no allies apart from their own weak loyalty and vague sympathy from Sophie (Siavash) and Charlie (Marcus).

They played a poor game. BB is not a straight popularity contest between players and the public, like, say, I'm a Celebrity. You have to build bridges with other housemates, and none of them bothered to try. If they had made even half an effort, I reckon both Lisa and David would have been out before tfw. Charlie, Rodrigo and Sophie would have been easy to woo: they just wanted to be treated with respect, and to see their game treated with respect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ^^ Noirin tired she tried to get rodders on side and she tried to get Charlie on side.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    titfortat wrote: »
    ^^ Noirin tired she tried to get rodders on side and she tried to get Charlie on side.

By the time Noirin left she was more of a liability than an asset to Team What the Hell you Call Them. None of them wanted her in there. Siavash found it torture to be in the same room as her, and Marcus couldn't wait to see her go. She was the one person who couldn't help them. But with Siavash-Freddie-marcus-Bea they had the nucleus of a promising team. Even when Bea turned out to be mad, they could have done it without her. Sophie already loved Siavash. Charlie was keen to look cool with Marcus. Roddie just hated people breaking rules and deesrespecting BB.
  • Options
    HogzillaHogzilla Posts: 24,116
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They realised the power of four far too late in the day. They could have been a useful little body of HMs had they realised their own potential, sooner. We were virtually screaming at the TV for about 3 weeks *Stop the 'Individual' crap, and realise you can be stronger as a team!* When they finally (sort of) got there - too late to reassert. Bea coming in and wreaking havoc didn't help.
  • Options
    PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    I know that it was pain having Lisa being given a free ride to the final, and yes Freddie was a sad loss but still, things can't all go smoothly for the heroes, that's part of the drama of a good BB. Personally I think think that it was (ironically) quite a good dramatic year for BB fans.

It certainly beat the last couple of lacklustre offerings. I'd say that it's the best since BB7. It's just a shame that it has come too late to save the format.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    By the time Noirin left she was more of a liability than an asset to Team What the Hell you Call Them. None of them wanted her in there. Siavash found it torture to be in the same room as her, and Marcus couldn't wait to see her go. She was the one person who couldn't help them. But with Siavash-Freddie-marcus-Bea they had the nucleus of a promising team. Even when Bea turned out to be mad, they could have done it without her. Sophie already loved Siavash. Charlie was keen to look cool with Marcus. Roddie just hated people breaking rules and deesrespecting BB.

But Noirin in some ways was the nuclar as when she went it caved in. Take the personal stuff out of it. Bea would of never stayed Loyal she would of jumped ship as soon as she was nomed. Noirin was a much stronger part of the team as she tried to get other on board she nomed the way that she was told in the few weeks they did work it out.
  • Options
    SourGrapesSourGrapes Posts: 4,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The fallout from the Noirin/Siavash thing with Noirin and Marcus nominating each other was the deciding thing but they were never really a team. They all nominated each other plenty of times and it was only BB interference that stopped them being decimated a lot earlier

Even taking it back to when Angel (who was another of the 'individuals')was in there - in the second week she nominated Siavash and Cairon for slightly mystifying reasons. If she had nominated Lisa then as most people expected Lisa would have been up and out- how much different would the series have been then?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pretzel wrote: »
    I know that it was pain having Lisa being given a free ride to the final, .

I should imagine that people would have been very irate if she had been. But luckily, nothing of the kind happened. There was ONE week out of 14 when a twist may have saved her. Plenty of other weeks for the others to work together and get the results they wanted. Only they didn't, did they?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,920
    Forum Member
    Instead of pooling THEIR votes against Team Pleb, they continually voted for each other.

Look what happened the week Marcus and Noirin finally voted for each other, for example :(

Thats what made all the difference imo.

Plus the non nominating towards the end didn't help either and a Sophie v Siavash eviction, as punishment that week, would have been interesting too.
  • Options
    MD1500MD1500 Posts: 14,234
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Producers manipulation. We got rid of most of Team Lisa, only for BB to chuck 5 new HMs in with a task that enabled her to strengthen her ranks. This was followed by two engineered evictions: Freddie V Marcus and Marcus V Siavash.

I'm convinced the extra eviction in the final week was designed to get rid of the only individual HM remaining, ensuring a Team Lisa finale, but luckily the Housemates didn't play ball. Hence the reason why they were so anti-Siavash.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Instead of pooling THEIR votes against Team Pleb, .

No no, that won't do. FREDDIE was the geeky pleb. Stop trying to invent ever ruder names (not just you, you understand. There have been far worse over the weeks).
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I didn't invent it - well I did, but during the show so it's valid imo *rasp* :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    MD1500 wrote: »
    Producers manipulation. We got rid of most of Team Lisa, only for BB to chuck 5 new HMs in with a task that enabled her to strengthen her ranks. This was followed by two engineered evictions: Freddie V Marcus and Marcus V Siavash.

I'm convinced the extra eviction in the final week was designed to get rid of the only individual HM remaining, ensuring a Team Lisa finale, but luckily the Housemates didn't play ball.

None of that makes sense. Only one of the new housemates was a natural friend for Lisa: two of them were FAR more likely to gravitate towards people like Marcus and Freddie. Hira was anyone's guess. Can't see anything 'engineered' at all about the two evictions you mention.

And the final week eviction was surely destined only to get rid of lisa. It was inconceivable that there would be a Siavash/ Sophie vote off, and Lisa would have lost against anyone. Because of the complicated pattern of rule breaking and compliance, BB could have put more or less any combination of housemates up for the public vote. They chose to put all of them up, knowing that Lisa would go; but they could perfectly justifiably only have put the rule breakers up, saving Lisa and getting rid, presumably, of Charlie.
  • Options
    davem1234davem1234 Posts: 5,451
    Forum Member
    this team would have lost marcus in week 5 when he was up against freddie, but kris was put up for breaking the rules
  • Options
    PretzelPretzel Posts: 7,858
    Forum Member
    I should imagine that people would have been very irate if she had been. But luckily, nothing of the kind happened. There was ONE week out of 14 when a twist may have saved her. Plenty of other weeks for the others to work together and get the results they wanted. Only they didn't, did they?

OK, you're right..bad choice of words on my part. What I meant is that people perceive it as Lisa getting a free ride to the final, just like the lovely Carole in a previous year, hence the frustration. But of course, you're right, it's nothing of the sort. Lisa and Carole before her, may be seen by the viewer as coasting but the other housemates clearly feel that others warrant nominating more.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    All up, vote to save was also a con - Lisa would have gone then imo if a normal vote :(
  • Options
    RhumbatuggerRhumbatugger Posts: 85,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Team whatever, just weren't a team. Just as they started to form, the Noirin and Marcus relationship sort of scuppered it. Then Bea scuppered it again.

They didn't help themselves at all - silly sds.
  • Options
    EugenieEugenie Posts: 1,715
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You hit the nail on the head, as always!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    davem1234 wrote: »
    this team would have lost marcus in week 5 when he was up against freddie, but kris was put up for breaking the rules

And that was the producers handing them a life line and and IMO giving them each a free ticket to the final... But they all bare Freddie tore it up and throw it away
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    titfortat wrote: »
    And that was the producers handing them a life line and and IMO giving them each a free ticket to the final... But they all bare Freddie tore it up and throw it away

I think that's the way I see it too. BB didn't want any 'Team Lisa' cruising through, so they threw Kris to the wolves to give the others a chance. Numerically, they should have taken over; and at the time, there was speculation that everyone associated with Lisa was now finished.

I think that is why I have always got so irritated by the endlessly repeated story that other housemates were got out by 'block voting' or even by 'cheating'. Freddie and marcus actually discussed tactics about 100 times more than Lisa and David ever did. There were endless times when we would see Freddie going on about "Lisa's game plan", then we would see Lisa and David sitting in bovine peace in the garden talking about when they might wash their socks. What The so-called 'Amigos' never once did is actually USE any tactics. Possibly they really didn't care. Marcus seemed suddenly galvanized two weeks before the final when he suddenly realized he was close to winning. Freddie presumably never saw the prize money as a life-changing event - just as more 'pocket money'. And Siavash just seemed broken for the whole second half of the series. Pity, though I was not a fan of any of them, as it made the forum such a bitter and resentful place, and I feel that Lisa took all kinds of shit on here that was nothing to do with what she was actually doing.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    They never were a team and that is what went wrong for them.

I was willing them to get together and team up to at least mount a fightback against Lisa and Team Dumb but it never happened.

I like it when there is a bigger house and separate bedrooms, it encourages teams cos they have their own "turf" in the house and we get to see them piss taking and plotting against the others.
  • Options
    hisdogspothisdogspot Posts: 23,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was the 'let's not nominate and all be up' sh*te

That week Hira went, was the week Lisa should ... and would have gone.

It could have all been so different if Siavash had played the game straight
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 214
    Forum Member
    I think that's the way I see it too. BB didn't want any 'Team Lisa' cruising through, so they threw Kris to the wolves to give the others a chance. Numerically, they should have taken over; and at the time, there was speculation that everyone associated with Lisa was now finished.

I think that is why I have always got so irritated by the endlessly repeated story that other housemates were got out by 'block voting' or even by 'cheating'. Freddie and marcus actually discussed tactics about 100 times more than Lisa and David ever did. There were endless times when we would see Freddie going on about "Lisa's game plan", then we would see Lisa and David sitting in bovine peace in the garden talking about when they might wash their socks. What The so-called 'Amigos' never once did is actually USE any tactics. Possibly they really didn't care. Marcus seemed suddenly galvanized two weeks before the final when he suddenly realized he was close to winning. Freddie presumably never saw the prize money as a life-changing event - just as more 'pocket money'. And Siavash just seemed broken for the whole second half of the series. Pity, though I was not a fan of any of them, as it made the forum such a bitter and resentful place, and I feel that Lisa took all kinds of shit on here that was nothing to do with what she was actually doing.

I agree with this - totally.:(