Options

So, Danny Dyer...

Comments

• Options
    acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    Danny Dyer is currently portraying Sid Vicious in a west end play.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    Yes. Yes I would.
  • Options
    RadiomaniacRadiomaniac Posts: 43,510
    Forum Member
    He was in 'The Business' on Film 4 tonight. He did look cute, I admit - but there's nothing between the ears - and that awful Cockernee 'awight, geezer' accent. :eek:

(I might - providing he kept his gob quiet).
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He was in 'The Business' on Film 4 tonight. He did look cute, I admit - but there's nothing between the ears - and that awful Cockernee 'awight, geezer' accent. :eek:

He sounds more like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins-ah:D
  • Options
    minxymoominxymoo Posts: 26,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    He sounds more like Dick Van Dyke in Mary Poppins-ah:D

:D:D:D
    he was in a crap film called "Straightheads"with Gillian Anderson on C4 the other night.
    rubbish film,rubbish acting.
    plonker.:o
  • Options
    TabbythecatTabbythecat Posts: 33,953
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    minxymoo wrote: »
    :D:D:D
    he was in a crap film called "Straightheads"with Gillian Anderson on C4 the other night.
    rubbish film,rubbish acting.
    plonker.:o

He might as well call himself Ray Winstone's little boy as unlike Dire, Winston is beleivable
  • Options
    sparky07sparky07 Posts: 1,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Some cock-er-nee half-wit who thinks he is a "hardman"

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you have seen any of his 'Dedliest Men' documentaries on Bravo then you will know the reason he decided to do this series was to get rid of his 'hardman' image.

He quite clearly states that he hates reading about himself in papers, magazines etc because he is portrayed as this London gangsta ....

.... he actually says that he avoids confrontation and is a family man who spends the majority of his time with his kids!

in the last episode he states that he doesnt mind playing characters in films and people sla**ing him off becuase at the end of the day its not him, its the character. what he doesnt like is the 'hardman' 'badboy' image that he cant avoid because of his accent and what journalists write about him in the news.

If you were to sit and watch the series then im sure you would have a different view on him as a celebrity and a human being!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Well said sparky 07!!!! Glad someone spoke up for him there :)

I am a massive Danny Dyer fan and it hurts him when the press and public give him shit. To prove he is not the "hardman" he's moving onto different things and focusing on his career.

He has 2 films coming out next month and another few by the end of the year!

I bet if some of you folk were to meet him in person you would change your views!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    By the way why are my posts not changing i seem to be stuck on 97 forever!?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well said sparky 07!!!! Glad someone spoke up for him there :)

I am a massive Danny Dyer fan and it hurts him when the press and public give him shit. To prove he is not the "hardman" he's moving onto different things and focusing on his career.

He has 2 films coming out next month and another few by the end of the year!

I bet if some of you folk were to meet him in person you would change your views!

Thanks Leanne :)

Im man enough to admit that prior to watching his 'Deadliest men' series i was not a massive fan of the work he had done but when you see someone in their true light and can see that the shit he gets from the press and public does hurt him then you realise what a down to earth guy he really is! all he wants is this 'hardman' image to go away but the press insist on writing things like...

... Danny Dyer (AKA cockney hardman)...

and its hard for him to shift it!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    By the way why are my posts not changing i seem to be stuck on 97 forever!?

98 now! :D woo hoo!!:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,557
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    everytime dire opens his fat flabby face he has something to promote - this time its his new west end show
  • Options
    Forum Member
    sparky07 wrote: »
    Thanks Leanne :)

Im man enough to admit that prior to watching his 'Deadliest men' series i was not a massive fan of the work he had done but when you see someone in their true light and can see that the shit he gets from the press and public does hurt him then you realise what a down to earth guy he really is! all he wants is this 'hardman' image to go away but the press insist on writing things like...

... Danny Dyer (AKA cockney hardman)...

and its hard for him to shift it!

I apologise in advance but for some reason i just assumed you were female :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    everytime dire opens his fat flabby face he has something to promote - this time its his new west end show

Yes Kurt & Sid! The reviews on it are very good!
  • Options
    TTTangoTTTango Posts: 7,619
    Forum Member
    George Lamb is a Fan. He must be Dire.
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    sparky07 wrote: »
    :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

If you have seen any of his 'Dedliest Men' documentaries on Bravo then you will know the reason he decided to do this series was to get rid of his 'hardman' image.

He quite clearly states that he hates reading about himself in papers, magazines etc because he is portrayed as this London gangsta ....

.... he actually says that he avoids confrontation and is a family man who spends the majority of his time with his kids!

in the last episode he states that he doesnt mind playing characters in films and people sla**ing him off becuase at the end of the day its not him, its the character. what he doesnt like is the 'hardman' 'badboy' image that he cant avoid because of his accent and what journalists write about him in the news.

If you were to sit and watch the series then im sure you would have a different view on him as a celebrity and a human being!

Thats true, you can actually see him sh*tting himself meeting some of the people :D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like Danny Dyer. He's fit.

Love his accent too. Bit of cockney dirty talk would do me nicely.

I also think he suffers from snobbery. Because he has a strong London, working class accent and isn't one of these 'luvvie' actors, people think he's fare game to take the p*ss out of.

To me he seems like a decent guy. Although I dislike movies so never watch anything with him in.

......but you would...wouldn't you? I mean.....mmmmmm *licks lips*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,269
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AaronG wrote: »
    I like Danny Dyer. He's fit.

Love his accent too. Bit of cockney dirty talk would do me nicely.

I also think he suffers from snobbery. Because he has a strong London, working class accent and isn't one of these 'luvvie' actors, people think he's fare game to take the p*ss out of.

To me he seems like a decent guy. Although I dislike movies so never watch anything with him in.

......but you would...wouldn't you? I mean.....mmmmmm *licks lips*

It's far from snobbery - it's the fact that he is only in the press when slating someone else for having no talent which is something ironic.

And no... I wouldn't - I don't get the attraction at all.
  • Options
    acid rainacid rain Posts: 6,997
    Forum Member
    Yes Kurt & Sid! The reviews on it are very good!

I saw the play last week. It is really good. It's a very small theatre so you can see Danny close up!
  • Options
    UltraVioletUltraViolet Posts: 7,673
    Forum Member
    I'm with the people sticking up for him. I like watching him in films, yes he is more or less the same in everything, but with some actors I can let that slip because they have some sort of energy that make me just not care. :) It's the same with someone like Owen Wilson too.

:p
  • Options
    MRS LAWSONMRS LAWSON Posts: 16,654
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Most of those 'I'm 'ard me' brit flick actors are as soft as shite in real life.
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    An icon for all the wrong reasons.......

its strange, on DS pete doherty gets slammed for his drug antics but Sid is an Icon, yeah right.

I like the pistols but sid was a waste of space, A big waste of space.

g

this is curious to me also
  • Options
    misslibertinemisslibertine Posts: 14,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

really?

http://www.thehollywoodnews.com/thn/danny-dyer-pimp.jpg

where?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Trafalgar Studios but it's all sold out now it finishes on Sat..(3rd)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Danny "Fackin" Dyer.