Options

How do you know if someone has deleted their Facebook account?

ShadowmaidenShadowmaiden Posts: 3,030
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Ive just noticed that ive not seen any updates from one of my friends for a about a week or so, which is unusual as she posts lots of photo's and stuff. I tried looking for her today and her page has totally disapeared from my friends list.

I panicked thinking that maybe I'd done something to upset and she'd deleted me as a friend, and then I noticed that she'd disapered from other mutual friends lists as well:confused:

She was in one of my circles and where her picture and page was its just a blank silhouetted photo with 'Facebook User' posted underneath:confused: Im confused, does this mean she has deactivated it?

I know her mum had complained that she thought Facebook was intrustive and she was sick of people asking her stuff because she'd seen it on my friends Facebook page.

Comments

• Options
    jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could perhaps ring and ask her...?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 933
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Ive just noticed that ive not seen any updates from one of my friends for a about a week or so, which is unusual as she posts lots of photo's and stuff. I tried looking for her today and her page has totally disapeared from my friends list.

I panicked thinking that maybe I'd done something to upset and she'd deleted me as a friend, and then I noticed that she'd disapered from other mutual friends lists as well:confused:

She was in one of my circles and where her picture and page was its just a blank silhouetted photo with 'Facebook User' posted underneath:confused: Im confused, does this mean she has deactivated it?

I know her mum had complained that she thought Facebook was intrustive and she was sick of people asking her stuff because she'd seen it on my friends Facebook page.

Call or email her.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jasvinyl wrote: »
    You could perhaps ring and ask her...?

I don't have her number? I don't think she's on the internet at home so she doesn't have an e-mail addy, she uses it at work and at her mum's I think.
  • Options
    beanzmeanzbeanzmeanz Posts: 3,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If she has deactivated it, you should not be able to see anything.

You could of course try using using the find function.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    beanzmeanz wrote: »
    If she has deactivated it, you should not be able to see anything.

You could of course try using using the find function.

I can't see anything at all. Ive tried looking for her on the find function, and other people's friends lists and she's totally vanished. She left comments on other friends walls the other day, and now those comments have vanished as well.

I know you can appear as invisible to non friends on Facebook, but your name and your comments can still be seen when you have written on people's walls. So even if she'd deleted me from friends, and hidden herself from non friends I'd still be able to see her comments.

Its very strange:confused:
  • Options
    jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I don't have her number? I don't think she's on the internet at home so she doesn't have an e-mail addy, she uses it at work and at her mum's I think.

Do you have her home address? You could perhaps drop her a card/letter.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OK. This is a Facebook "friend" or real friend ?
  • Options
    Lego PigLego Pig Posts: 2,279
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think if she blocked you then she would not appear on your friends list aswell. Basically they are in stealth mode from you. Ask one of your other friends secretly to see.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OK. This is a Facebook "friend" or real friend ?

What does that mean?
  • Options
    Civil CourtCivil Court Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    If shes blocked you she will not appear on your friends mutual friends list while you are logged in.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the only way to tell for yourself is create an alternate account and do a search for her. If she shows up on your search then you can be 100% positive you are blocked. or ask someone to search for her for you.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 16,275
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Facebook is playing funny buggers with certain people at the moment, most apps don't seem to be updating and other strange things going on.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt that she's blocked me, I mean I can't see why she would do that?:confused: Ive not done anything! Its not like we have fallen out or anything.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Has your friend count gone down?
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Call her and ask her?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I doubt that she's blocked me, I mean I can't see why she would do that?:confused: Ive not done anything! Its not like we have fallen out or anything.

Well, one way to know for sure.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    What does that mean?

I mean a cyber friend or a real friend. One tends to have their real friends phone numbers but not always facebook chums.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jason100 wrote: »
    Has your friend count gone down?

It looks about the same to me. I actually don't have anywhere near as many friends as some people have. I only add people I actualyl know, or have known at some point.
  • Options
    Jason100Jason100 Posts: 17,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It could be that stupid fan check application that affects profiles that it's tagged.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whip wrote: »
    Facebook is playing funny buggers with certain people at the moment, most apps don't seem to be updating and other strange things going on.

Yeah, I had noticed that as well. Ive noticed a lot comments getting deleted and stuff.
  • Options
    ShappyShappy Posts: 14,531
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There are two explanations:

1) She has deactivated her account.
    2) She has blocked you.

In both these scenarios, she would no longer appear on your or your friends' friends lists.

It's a bit strange that you consider her a friend and yet don't have her number. If you have no other way to contact her other than facebook, how good friends are you?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »
    There are two explanations:

1) She has deactivated her account.
    2) She has blocked you.

In both these scenarios, she would no longer appear on your or your friends' friends lists.

It's a bit strange that you consider her a friend and yet don't have her number. If you have no other way to contact her other than facebook, how good friends are you?

She's a relative of mine. I only ever really see her when I bump into her family do's, or while im out in town shopping etc. But we have always got on pretty well.

To be honest I really don't see why people get so arsey about how good friends you are? Facebook is a good way of keeping in touch with people from your past, or who you don't see often.

Im inclinded to believe she has deleted because her mum has had a go at her. A few months back she was quite ill in hospital and she posted lost of updates on Facebook which led her mum was getting texts from people constantly asking how she was at all hours, and I know she was really angry about that. She tended to post quite personal things on it, and I know people gossiped about her because of it.
  • Options
    Malice CooperMalice Cooper Posts: 1,266
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Facebook are a law unto themselves and often delete and/or block accounts for something as simple as someone sending 4 e-mails in 4 minutes. I had to open another when my original suddenly got blocked from messaging anybody or even commenting on my own photos.

You can search for her by her e-mail address. If you think she may have blocked you, ask someone unrelated to you both to search for her via e-mail address. If neither of you can find her then her account has been deleted, either by her or by facebook.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Shappy wrote: »

That's what I thought but didn't get a response to my question.

Prolly time to move on and not be so devastated over someone you don't really know.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    She's a relative of mine. I only ever really see her when I bump into her family do's, or while im out in town shopping etc. But we have always got on pretty well.

To be honest I really don't see why people get so arsey about how good friends you are? Facebook is a good way of keeping in touch with people from your past, or who you don't see often.

Im inclinded to believe she has deleted because her mum has had a go at her. A few months back she was quite ill in hospital and she posted lost of updates on Facebook which led her mum was getting texts from people constantly asking how she was at all hours, and I know she was really angry about that. She tended to post quite personal things on it, and I know people gossiped about her because of it.

I doubt she is a relative of yours. If she was you would be able to reach her. Not even an email address?