Options

My cat with Bubbles

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,186
Forum Member
✭✭✭
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygYNI8gPLA8

Just made this video with my new camera to see what it could it.. its with my cat playing with bubbles.. :)

Do you have any videos of your pets ?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,295
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AWWWWWWWWWW!! SO CUTE!!! The song goes well! I love your cat!
  • Options
    Sir Jeremy IIISir Jeremy III Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    What a cool cat!:D

Though i must say i really do wish people wouldn't put collars on their cats, it's cruel in my opinion.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,186
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why not.. If i dont he brings in dead animals it does my nut in
  • Options
    Sir Jeremy IIISir Jeremy III Posts: 5,762
    Forum Member
    Scamps wrote: »
    Why not.. If i dont he brings in dead animals it does my nut in

It must be absolute torcher for the poor thing and could be dangerous if it becomes entangled with something. Imagine having a bell ringing in your ear everytime you move?

Cat's are wild animals and will kill every now and again, i don't see the problem with that.
  • Options
    summer_chicksummer_chick Posts: 903
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I put one on one of my cats because she's quite the hunter - it has a special release catch on it so if she gets it caught it opens. She is very happy with her collar and rings with her bell at about 5 every morning to make sure her humans know she's awake and ready to play !

Her sister won't have one on at all, and as she doesn't hunt, we don't force her to wear one !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,881
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That is so adorable. Brought a smile to my face. I love animals - they can be so funny. My cat's favourite toy is a simple piece of string. She goes crazy when it comes out of the drawer.
  • Options
    funkycubfunkycub Posts: 9,352
    Forum Member
    I neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeed your cat!
  • Options
    HarryValleyHarryValley Posts: 16,433
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It must be absolute torcher for the poor thing and could be dangerous if it becomes entangled with something. Imagine having a bell ringing in your ear everytime you move?

Cat's are wild animals and will kill every now and again, i don't see the problem with that.
    Cats are domesticated animals and don't need to kill as they are provided with copious amounts of tuna etc by their doting owners.

Still, suppose it's refreshing to see someone in this section actually realising that cats are merely animals
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cats are domesticated animals and don't need to kill as they are provided with copious amounts of tuna etc by their doting owners.

Still, suppose it's refreshing to see someone in this section actually realising that cats are merely animals

Actually there's some debate as to whether cats are really domesticated in the true sense of the word. They are not bred for food nor do they have any functionality for humans (other than as pets) and they can very easily revert to their "wild" state & fend for themselves.

Even if cats are "provided with copious amounts of tune etc by their doting owners" this doesn't detract from the fact the biologically hard-wired predatory behaviour has evolved over hundreds of thousands of years whilst humans have only been providing cats with food irregularly over the last few hundred years. The very real need to practice predatory behaviour is an evolutionary survival technique as cats are small solitary predators ~ in the wild, if they can't hunt & kill, they would starve (unlike packs of wild dogs/wolves that can share the larger prey that a pack can bring down).

Just because our pet cats are now provided with food by their owners won't stop them hunting & killing. Research has shown that hunting/killing behaviour & consummatory behaviour are governed by different physiological processes so even when cats have just killed something, they would stop eating to chase & kill another prey item if it passed by. This applies to large felines like leopards as well as our pet cats.

Predatory behaviour in pet cats is not something they can stop themselves doing & it is very difficult for owners to prevent the odd bird or small rodent being killed unless they confine their cats to an indoor life. We all try our best in various ways such as keeping the cats indoors at dawn & dusk, making sure they have had food before they go out to reduce the motivation to start huntin, or by putting a collar & bell on the cat. But even all these precautions won't necessarily prevent cats from catching prey now & again.
  • Options
    grassmarketgrassmarket Posts: 33,010
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

It certainly works. When was the last time you heard of a cat killing a tuna?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilhemina wrote: »
    Actually there's some debate as to whether cats are really domesticated in the true sense of the word. They are not bred for food nor do they have any functionality for humans (other than as pets) and they can very easily revert to their "wild" state & fend for themselves.

Even if cats are "provided with copious amounts of tune etc by their doting owners" this doesn't detract from the fact the biologically hard-wired predatory behaviour has evolved over hundreds of thousands of years whilst humans have only been providing cats with food irregularly over the last few hundred years. The very real need to practice predatory behaviour is an evolutionary survival technique as cats are small solitary predators ~ in the wild, if they can't hunt & kill, they would starve (unlike packs of wild dogs/wolves that can share the larger prey that a pack can bring down).

Just because our pet cats are now provided with food by their owners won't stop them hunting & killing. Research has shown that hunting/killing behaviour & consummatory behaviour are governed by different physiological processes so even when cats have just killed something, they would stop eating to chase & kill another prey item if it passed by. This applies to large felines like leopards as well as our pet cats.

Predatory behaviour in pet cats is not something they can stop themselves doing & it is very difficult for owners to prevent the odd bird or small rodent being killed unless they confine their cats to an indoor life. We all try our best in various ways such as keeping the cats indoors at dawn & dusk, making sure they have had food before they go out to reduce the motivation to start huntin, or by putting a collar & bell on the cat. But even all these precautions won't necessarily prevent cats from catching prey now & again.
    is there an abridged version of this essay?
  • Options
    malaikahmalaikah Posts: 20,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    is there an abridged version of this essay?

If you bothered to read it without your hurt ego getting in the way it was actually very good
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    malaikah wrote: »
    If you bothered to read it without your hurt ego getting in the way it was actually very good
    hurt ego?? Dear oh dear! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,680
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Aww! My cat too loves catnip bubbles, if he could, he would have you playing with them all day long. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,336
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malaikah wrote: »

Thank you malaikah. Perhaps I should have left him in blissful ignorance!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    wilhemina wrote: »
    Thank you malaikah. Perhaps I should have left him in blissful ignorance!
    You did, don't worry