Sarah Kennedy

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,306
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    digit al wrote: »
    so far from funny!!!
    you hate her yet you listen, claiming you have little choice......could you not consider turning the radio off or listening to a cd/tape?
    nope!....you listen because you look for things to complain about.......seems rather sad to me.

My hard earned money pays for the Beeb, why should I turn off or listen to Cd/Tape..

...Tape who has them now adays!

Grief that the trouble with SK, some of her listeners and her old fashioned presenting, R2 has moved on from that! Chris Evens is just the start.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 37
    Forum Member
    Not true. OH would only get involved if there were questions about their ability to return to work. By the way, that's professional questions, not one posed on internet forums.

I used to work for a large organisation and that was the procedure, it appears not to be the norm. What do you mean by ‘that's professional questions, not one posed on internet forums’?

Anyway, I am very glad she has returned and I hope her ‘Annus Horribilis’ for the past 2 months is in the past.
    I loved the show tune this morning – Sinatra and Bing brilliant!

I hope she continues to present the dawn patrol for many more years but if that doesn’t happen then I would prefer either Aled Jones or Emma Forbes. Zoe Ball shouts at her listeners and I doubt if she will be available in January as she gives birth in February. Ms Tarbuck, sorry but not for me so come January I will have to either find another radio station or just switch off.

As I said the remit for radio 2 is very broad and you can’t please everyone but I do feel the over 55’s are being neglected during daytime radio.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    myscimitar wrote: »
    My hard earned money pays for the Beeb, why should I turn off or listen to Cd/Tape..

...Tape who has them now adays!

Grief that the trouble with SK, some of her listeners and her old fashioned presenting, R2 has moved on from that! Chris Evens is just the start.

I want to hear the news and get time checks - I can't get that from a CD. Has anyone found "veins in the stomach" on the NHS website?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I used to work for a large organisation and that was the procedure, it appears not to be the norm. What do you mean by ‘that's professional questions, not one posed on internet forums’?

Anyway, I am very glad she has returned and I hope her ‘Annus Horribilis’ for the past 2 months is in the past.
    I loved the show tune this morning – Sinatra and Bing brilliant!

I hope she continues to present the dawn patrol for many more years but if that doesn’t happen then I would prefer either Aled Jones or Emma Forbes. Zoe Ball shouts at her listeners and I doubt if she will be available in January as she gives birth in February. Ms Tarbuck, sorry but not for me so come January I will have to either find another radio station or just switch off.

As I said the remit for radio 2 is very broad and you can’t please everyone but I do feel the over 55’s are being neglected during daytime radio.

Well I am 54, but I don't think I am neglected.. some of my friends are 55-56, we love going to live gigs, and love the Zoe Balls, Chris Evens etc... So R2 is going in the right direction, if we can get rid of the SK, KB from R2.
  • Options
    digit aldigit al Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am 54, but I don't think I am neglected.. some of my friends are 55-56, we love going to live gigs, and love the Zoe Balls, Chris Evens etc... So R2 is going in the right direction, if we can get rid of the SK, KB from R2.

Scott....sorry,mrscimitar, i've just re-read some of your posts and its quite amazing how your spelling/grammar goes from excellent to very poor (deliberately?) back to very good!
    am i on to something here?
    what galls me is the fact you claim to be dyslexic....most of your early posts dont bear that out, and your spelling/writing style only deteriorated after someone else pointed out you have a lot in common with mr rigsby!!
  • Options
    Ramsay LaddersRamsay Ladders Posts: 3,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Using that logic I could say my hard earned money pays for my local fire brigade but I am not going to petrol bomb my front room just to make use of my contribution.:D

I hope her ‘Annus Horribilis’ for the past 2 months is in the past.

I dare say she got an ointment from the doctor for that too.;)
  • Options
    Forum Member

Well I am 60 and my friends range in age between 35 and 90. We all have a very catholic taste in music and none of us like the way radio 2 is going.

What we don't like is the shouting, immature radio 1 style of broadcasting.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Scott....sorry,mrscimitar, i've just re-read some of your posts and its quite amazing how your spelling/grammar goes from excellent to very poor (deliberately?) back to very good!
    what galls me is the fact you claim to be dyslexic....most of your early posts dont bear that out, and your spelling/writing style only deteriorated after someone else pointed out you have a lot in common with mr rigsby!!

Depends how fast I typing and if I check words (that look wrong, but don't know why) on Google.. also I can sometimes spell words ok, other times not. my son and my father was as well, when my son was young we paid to get him a private test, I did the test as well, as we both had the same result. but I let you think that I am putting it on, if that helps you!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Using that logic I could say my hard earned money pays for my local fire brigade but I am not going to petrol bomb my front room just to make use of my contribution.:D

No but if you house did catch fire, you want someone to turn up who knew what they were doing and did a good job.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well I am 60 and my friends range in age between 35 and 90. We all have a very catholic taste in music and none of us like the way radio 2 is going.

Bet you have fun!!.. R2 has to move with it's audience and most are now listening to younger music, if you went to Glasto you would see a huge range including a lot of older music lovers

Catholic taste what does that mean?.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I dare say she got an ointment from the doctor for that too.;)[/QUOTE]

Ha Ha

We should send this to Sarah, she would enjoy the humour!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Ha Ha

We should send this to Sarah, she would enjoy the humour![/QUOTE]

Please don't it will give her ideas
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 75,602
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Here, here--I fully agree with your post. I feel the same. Radio 2 has turned into radio 1 1/2 in the last few years.Crap.
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 66,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dawn Patrol survives........yippeeeeeeeeeeee. ;)
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 35,171
    Forum Member
    Oh dear, Scott's having a conversation with his multiple personalties again. At least SK is entertaining....
  • Options
    Murray MintMurray Mint Posts: 9,129
    Forum Member
    Grief I hope not, she's as bad, it needs to be the likes of Zoe Ball.

Highly doubtful. Zoe Ball will soon be on maternity leave.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    occy wrote: »
    Dawn Patrol survives........yippeeeeeeeeeeee. ;)

Says who?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 360
    Forum Member

Oldest swingers in town!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Catholic taste what does that mean?.[/QUOTE]

A mature taste in music with ability to appriciate all forms of music. eg Mozart, Ellington, Ella, Porter,Beatles, Stones, Queen Etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member

Dyslexia rules, KO !
  • Options
    Forum Member
    VickyBrit wrote: »
    Dyslexia rules, KO !

Why are you making fun about dyslexia? It's no laughing matter.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15
    Forum Member
    Why are you making fun about dyslexia? It's no laughing matter.

Genuinely sorry if I upset any dyslexics who might have read my post..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    VickyBrit wrote: »
    Genuinely sorry if I upset any dyslexics who might have read my post..

It's bad enough people have posted disrespectful messages about Sarah Kennedy. Why target people with afflictions?
  • Options
    digit aldigit al Posts: 1,124
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Oh dear, Scott's having a conversation with his multiple personalties again. At least SK is entertaining....

indeed he is.....myscimitar, vickybrit????
  • Options
    OldvinylOldvinyl Posts: 1,504
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jeremy vine has just said his guest was black.....it had absolutely no relevance to her story, can we expect criticism for him or is it only SK who is damned around here?

I think Jeremy Vine felt that the relevence was her position as a Judge in a white male dominated profession, something she achieved despite her abusive upbringing. But re; SK's case, why mention the word? There are lots of black tennis players.
This discussion has been closed.