Options

which soap stars have the biggest egos?

flbkabflbkab Posts: 8,807
Forum Member
I just thought I'd start a thread about all those soap stars who you've heard have got massive egos or who are supposedly dificult to get along with.

I've heard that Amanda Donohoe in Emmerdale is hard to get along with. I also heard that she was rude to some fans outside the studio.

Anyone else?

Comments

• Options
    Cosmic999Cosmic999 Posts: 1,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Barbara Windsor
    Anthony Cotton
  • Options
    cc_04cc_04 Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Not Golden Globe winner Amanda Donohoe surely :) (Maxwell Caulfield and Kim Thomson have both expressed enjoyment when working with Amanda)

I'd say Antony Cotton was the one with a massive ego... got a lot of gob for someone with zero talent.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    cc_04 wrote: »
    Not Golden Globe winner Amanda Donohoe surely :) (Maxwell Caulfield and Kim Thomson have both expressed enjoyment when working with Amanda)

I'd say Antony Cotton was the one with a massive ego... got a lot of gob for someone with zero talent.

Agree about Antony cotton lol!
  • Options
    CANDYANGELCANDYANGEL Posts: 21,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Antony Cotton
    Barbara Windsor
  • Options
    methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    Another vote for Anthony Cotton.
  • Options
    charliestubbscharliestubbs Posts: 3,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anthony Cotton
    Barbara Windsor

Sometimes it's good to just follow the crowd :D
  • Options
    Chrissy 2005Chrissy 2005 Posts: 9,645
    Forum Member
    Anthony Cottton, Jenny McAlpine and Tupele Dorgu always seem to have egos at the award shows and are always sore losers.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,579
    Forum Member
    As much as i love her :) samantha womack, has snubbed fans outside elstree and very rarely stops for them, i'd say thats abit "oh i'm to famous to stop" much.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,842
    Forum Member
    Ami09x wrote: »
    As much as i love her :) samantha womack, has snubbed fans outside elstree and very rarely stops for them, i'd say thats abit "oh i'm to famous to stop" much.

I wouldn't call them rude or obnoxious for not stopping. They spend so much time in Elstree filming anyway. I'd imagine they'd just want to get home or perhaps they have better things to do :confused:
  • Options
    benny1982benny1982 Posts: 7,550
    Forum Member
    Barbara Windsor
    Anthony Cotton
    Roxanne McKee when she was in Hollyoaks.
  • Options
    LilaLila Posts: 6,780
    Forum Member
    Nice to see my gut reaction to this question is what the majority have gone for!! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,367
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Spot on.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Antony Cotton Really?
  • Options
    norbitonitenorbitonite Posts: 8,682
    Forum Member
    Ami09x wrote: »

She's had quite a lot on her plate lately in real life, to be fair. Coupled with which, some of the avid Danielle fans can be scary, i would imagine. Maybe that's why she doesn't stop?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    There was rumours of Samantha Womack not getting on very well with one of her cast mates (possibly Maggie O'Neil who played suzy) and other cast members were complainig about all the arguing on set. I might have got it wrong though. I just remember their was a big thing about it last year.
  • Options
    cc_04cc_04 Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jessie Wallace was a nightmare according to about 16 of her castmates.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,693
    Forum Member
    flbkab wrote: »
    There was rumours of Samantha Womack not getting on very well with one of her cast mates (possibly Maggie O'Neil who played suzy) and other cast members were complainig about all the arguing on set. I might have got it wrong though. I just remember their was a big thing about it last year.

Yeah, apparently she didn't get along with Maggie, which is apparently why Suzy was axed from the show to keep Sam happy, but apparently she also doesn't get on with Diane Parish because she was very good friends with Maggie so obviously felt she had been harshly treated, then their was that rumour she didn't like Lauren either - all rumours but normally if their is more than one about the same person it is usually true. reminds me of when jessie was in the show, she thought she was the main actress, didn't like other people getting the big storylines and if she didn't like somebody she would cause a fuss and expect them to be axed from the show because she was the bigger actress - god imagine if jessie ever came back, her and sam would probably clash big style.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Jessie Wallace was a nightmare according to about 16 of her castmates.

yeah I'd heard that too.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 558
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Met a few of Hollyoaks cast at a PA once. Most of them were very nice and had time for the fans, however I was surprised that Nick Pickard (Tony) came across as arrogant and looked thoroughly p'eed off. I would understand if he was having a night out but he was being paid to be there.

On the contrary, Ricky Whittle (Calvin) was much more friendly and spent the most time with the fans out of the lot.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    cjpuddytat wrote: »
    Met a few of Hollyoaks cast at a PA once. Most of them were very nice and had time for the fans, however I was surprised that Nick Pickard (Tony) came across as arrogant and looked thoroughly p'eed off. I would understand if he was having a night out but he was being paid to be there.

On the contrary, Ricky Whittle (Calvin) was much more friendly and spent the most time with the fans out of the lot.

I've noticed that too with Nick, the couple of times I've met him, he was either pissed, or pissed off.

He was lovely when my son was there, I must admit, but then afterwards, he just didnt seem that fussed.

Ricky Whittle is amazing at meeting people, he was also lovely to my son who is only 5 well 4 at the time of meeting him.

Ricky also spent over an hour singing after a match even with an injured knee that needed looking at!

*We were prob at the same match as each other lol*
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I wouldn't call them rude or obnoxious for not stopping. They spend so much time in Elstree filming anyway. I'd imagine they'd just want to get home or perhaps they have better things to do :confused:

i didn't call her rude or obnoxious :confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I read on another thread that Davinia Taylor (Jude Cunningham) was one of the early Hollyoaks egos. She was the main star but was constantly late on set and didn't bother learning her lines half the time. Don't know how true this is but I read it in another thread on hear.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    She's had quite a lot on her plate lately in real life, to be fair. Coupled with which, some of the avid Danielle fans can be scary, i would imagine. Maybe that's why she doesn't stop?

Obviously with her dad dying and that she just wants to work and go home not be swamped by fans, i'm talking before this she has always been like that from when she starting working at eastenders.
  • Options
    Yoshi FanYoshi Fan Posts: 13,913
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Another vote for Antony Cotton.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    flbkab wrote: »
    I read on another thread that Davinia Taylor (Jude Cunningham) was one of the early Hollyoaks egos. She was the main star but was constantly late on set and didn't bother learning her lines half the time. Don't know how true this is but I read it in another thread on hear.

Frm what I read of an interview with a certain comic, HO actors have a bit of a tendency to be above themselves.

That of course is ALL that persons opinion.