Options

Software/Firmware update Foxsat HDR

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 90
    Forum Member
    Tern wrote: »
    A third option would have been to complete the fixes before starting on the new features - an option I think many here would have preferred.
    You can’t argue with that, then at least you’ve got a product that does what it says on the tin, and then if features are added in the future months this would make the customers more appreciative of manufactures efforts, especially if you end up with a product doing even more then you originally thought it would when you purchased it.
    One question I must ask, was this an official announcement about extra features being added or just internet wishful thinking, because I would be quite happy with just the HD bug fixed at least.
  • Options
    TernTern Posts: 2,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    radioFAB wrote: »
    One question I must ask, was this an official announcement about extra features being added or just internet wishful thinking, because I would be quite happy with just the HD bug fixed at least.

Semi-official I would say.

IIRC it came from exactly the same source that said, earlier in the year, they were not going to put iplayer in the first (significant) update. (Which I'm sure was their intention at the time.)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Semi-official I would say.

IIRC it came from exactly the same source that said, earlier in the year, they were not going to put iplayer in the first (significant) update. (Which I'm sure was their intention at the time.)
    Many thanks I did wonder.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm totally lost now, I thought the ITV HD recording failure due to upgrades and power loss was a common problem by the number of posts on the forums but Humax have contacted me and said:
    Dear Peter,

This is a failure which can only be solved in the nearest technical service. so please tell me where do you live, so I can give you the address and telephone number of the technical service..:

If it’s faulty then I can return it back to the Vendor
  • Options
    GaseousClayGaseousClay Posts: 4,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm totally lost now, I thought the ITV HD recording failure due to upgrades and power loss ....<snip>
    This is a failure which can only be solved in the nearest technical service... <snip>

:D:D:D This'll put the cat among the pidgeons... Maybe they've already fixed this as part of a s/w update but they're holding back on issuing OTA cause of the costs and we should all ask for ours to receive this privileged service. :p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm totally lost now, I thought the ITV HD recording failure due to upgrades and power loss was a common problem by the number of posts on the forums but Humax have contacted me and said:
    Dear Peter,

This is a failure which can only be solved in the nearest technical service. so please tell me where do you live, so I can give you the address and telephone number of the technical service..:

It looks as if someone (at Humax) is confused.

Their reply is barely even comprehensible English.

These are definitely software faults and cannot be solved by 'technical service' (whatever that may mean).

Unless they have early releases of the update!

Do Humax have multiple technical service centres anyway?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It looks as if someone (at Humax) is confused.

Their reply is barely even comprehensible English.

These are definitely software faults and cannot be solved by 'technical service' (whatever that may mean).

Unless they have early releases of the update!

Do Humax have multiple technical service centres anyway?

I don’t know I thought they only had one main service place, I’ve replied back to the person who emailed me and have queried the reply I recived, will post back soon
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just in case you thought I had forgotten to post the reply Humax never replied again, nice one
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just in case you thought I had forgotten to post the reply Humax never replied again, nice one

Perhaps their email system is down waiting for a software upgrade :)

Automan.
  • Options
    boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    A third option would have been to complete the fixes before starting on the new features - an option I think many here would have preferred.

Not for me it wouldn't.....I'm quite happy to wait for a "complete" update.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Automan wrote: »
    Perhaps their email system is down waiting for a software upgrade :)

Automan.

I realised why I didn’t get a reply I sent the email in High Definition :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    boyzie wrote: »
    Not for me it wouldn't.....I'm quite happy to wait for a "complete" update.

I said 'many', not 'all'. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    boyzieboyzie Posts: 3,346
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I said 'many', not 'all'. :rolleyes:

I know :rolleyes::rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10
    Forum Member
    According to The Register:
    Box maker Humax told us it is currently testing its own Freesat set-top software update, which should be released mid-November.
    Mind you, it doesn't say whether this is for the HDR.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 72
    Forum Member
    BillH2009 wrote: »

Or which year :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    BillH2009 wrote: »

If it turns out to be Christmas then the update may arrive on a flash drive with that big fat bloke dressed in red
  • Options
    HummyownerHummyowner Posts: 337
    Forum Member

What email address did you send your original comment/complaint to?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hummyowner wrote: »
    What email address did you send your original comment/complaint to?
    It was someone called Saludos and I'm not sure it’s the right thing to do posting an email address on here, if it was a general one on the website I would, he has also put his phone number on it as well, I will give him a ring tomorrow.
    Hope you don’t feel I'm being evasive.

UPDATE
    I just noticed I sent my query via the UK website but the reply came back from Spain so I will not be ringing that number tomorrow.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,974
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My copy of Windows 7 is on it's way via DHL.
    My Humax upgrade is ?

Automan.
  • Options
    HummyownerHummyowner Posts: 337
    Forum Member
    It was someone called Saludos and I'm not sure it’s the right thing to do posting an email address on here, if it was a general one on the website I would, he has also put his phone number on it as well, I will give him a ring tomorrow.
    Hope you don’t feel I'm being evasive.

UPDATE
    I just noticed I sent my query via the UK website but the reply came back from Spain so I will not be ringing that number tomorrow.

You mis-understand.....Where did you send your original email to....methinks you used the wrong one.......and on checking the Humax UK website I am convinced you used the wrong one.
  • Options
    pizzajohnpizzajohn Posts: 71
    Forum Member
    Automan wrote: »
    My copy of Windows 7 is on it's way via DHL.
    My Humax upgrade is ?

Automan.

That too was delayed from earlier in the year. And it's not free either!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hummyowner wrote: »
    You mis-understand.....Where did you send your original email to....methinks you used the wrong one.......and on checking the Humax UK website I am convinced you used the wrong one.

I just checked my original email and I sent it to 'uksupport@humax-digital.co.uk' sorry for any misunderstanding
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 163
    Forum Member
    pizzajohn wrote: »
    That too was delayed from earlier in the year. And it's not free either!

But it lets me delete files while applications are running, and updating the Programs menu doesn't remove my calendar entries :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pizzajohn wrote: »
    That too was delayed from earlier in the year.

Do you have a source for that?

I wasn't aware that any earlier date had been mooted.
  • Options
    BerwhaleBerwhale Posts: 60
    Forum Member
    Do you have a source for that?

I wasn't aware that any earlier date had been mooted.

If anything, Windows 7 has been shipped ahead of schedule. However, if you take the view that Windows 7 is what Vista *should* have been, then it's 2 years late :)

I have Windows 7 RTM* running on my main PC, an HTPC in the lounge, a high-end laptop and a netbook. It's running well on all of these devices and I'm very impressed with it.

*I have a Technet subscription, so I've had the release version for a couple of months.