Options

Mother fined for feeding ducks (Merged)

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,109
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Story here

First kids can't climb trees, then they can't play conkers - now they can't go and feed the ducks at the local park!

Well, actually, they can as they're too young to prosecute but their parents can't.:rolleyes:

To pre-empt half of the DS comedians - it's QUACKERS!

:o

Comments

• Options
    You_moYou_mo Posts: 11,334
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    :D That's what she gets for ignoring all the 'don't feed the ducks' signs. But she knew best.
  • Options
    molliepopsmolliepops Posts: 26,829
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It seems she was actually fined for littering when she dropped the bag on the ground but never let that get in the way of a good moan :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bread is bad for ducks and their environment anyway.

http://www.liveducks.com/bread.html
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    ducks are vicious..... and when they see a loaf of bread.. Run for the Hills people..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Bread is bad for ducks and their environment anyway.

http://www.liveducks.com/bread.html

Ewww!
    Without predators you'd have parks full of dead, rotting ducks
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    You_mo wrote: »
    :D That's what she gets for ignoring all the 'don't feed the ducks' signs. But she knew best.

She said the signs warned against 'overfeeding', not feeding.
    mollipops wrote:
    It seems she was actually fined for littering when she dropped the bag on the ground but never let that get in the way of a good moan

Have you read this somewhere else because it doesn't mention that in the article?
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A mother has been fined £75 for feeding ducks in a park with her toddler son.
    Vanessa Kelly had taken 17-month-old Harry on his weekly visit to the to feed ducks when she was approached by a council warden.
    She put away the bread as soon as the warden told her duck feeding was not allowed in the park, in Smethwick, Birmingham.
    But the warden pulled out a hand-held computer and issued her with a fine for littering.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1227188/Mother-fined-75-feeding-ducks-officious-warden-says-toddler-son-hes-young-prosecute.html#ixzz0WeX1pz8x

Another example of moronic councils empowering these little-Hitlers to go around making life miserable for innocent civilians. :mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 15,411
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There is a very good search facility on DS if your eyes can't pick up threads already on the first page.
    http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=1161139
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 32,379
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dotty1 wrote: »
    She said the signs warned against 'overfeeding', not feeding.

Have you read this somewhere else because it doesn't mention that in the article?

It doesn't mention her dropping the bag but dropping bread on the ground. She should have refused to give her name.

Quote:
    But the warden then pulled out a hand-held computer and issued her with a fine for littering.

I know bread isn't good for Ducks but fined for dropping bread :confused:
    They will be issueing fines to birds next for cra**ing on the pavements.
  • Options
    Stiffy78Stiffy78 Posts: 26,260
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Quack quack, I wonder if it was Jemima she was feeding.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member

Yes it does.
    But the warden then pulled out a hand-held computer and issued her with a fine for littering.

The fine was not for feeding the ducks. Therefore, the thread title is glaringly inaccurate. It should have read "Mother fined for littering".
  • Options
    RicardodaforceRicardodaforce Posts: 8,576
    Forum Member
    Stiffy78 wrote: »
    Quack quack, I wonder if it was Jemima she was feeding.

That would be worth a fine in itself.
  • Options
    late8late8 Posts: 7,175
    Forum Member
    1. Daily Hail
  • Options
    Kingsd316Kingsd316 Posts: 892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i always thought you couldnt be fined for dropping biodegradable things?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kingsd316 wrote: »
    i always thought you couldnt be fined for dropping biodegradable things?

Isn't paper biodegradable:confused:
  • Options
    ianradioianianradioian Posts: 75,049
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are in a terrible recession. Government and Councils will look at ANYTHING that will get more taxation money off of us. That includes stupid fines for bins overflowing etc.. its more money taken from us, and more put into coffers. Dont forget the warden is employed by the council as well, so government get his tax and national insurance, and the fines pay his wage from us as well. Look carefully into everything you handle, and you will see that its happening on everything.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,916
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Yes it does.

Gawd I must be going blind! I can't see where it says she dropped 'the bag' anywhere in that article. I can see that she was fined for littering, but wasn't dropping the bread (for the ducks to eat, presumably) the 'littering'?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 484
    Forum Member
    lemoncurd wrote: »
    Yes it does.

The fine was not for feeding the ducks. Therefore, the thread title is glaringly inaccurate. It should have read "Mother fined for littering".

Where?
  • Options
    jasvinyljasvinyl Posts: 14,631
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    We are in a terrible recession. Government and Councils will look at ANYTHING that will get more taxation money off of us. That includes stupid fines for bins overflowing etc.. its more money taken from us, and more put into coffers. Dont forget the warden is employed by the council as well, so government get his tax and national insurance, and the fines pay his wage from us as well. Look carefully into everything you handle, and you will see that its happening on everything.

It also includes issuing you with a parking ticket for dislaying an invalid residential permit when you are actually *...drum roll...* displaying a valid residential parking permit :mad:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gawd I must be going blind! I can't see where it says she dropped 'the bag' anywhere in that article. I can see that she was fined for littering, but wasn't dropping the bread (for the ducks to eat, presumably) the 'littering'?

Seems that way to me, it doesn't mention a dropped bag at all.
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    "But Sandwell Council today defended the fine to Miss Kelly for dropping bread, claiming it attracts rats."

Hello,if the ducks have eaten the bread there is nothing left there so there is no litter and nothing to attract rats and vermin.

Tell these council nazis to fu*k off!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »
    "But Sandwell Council today defended the fine to Miss Kelly for dropping bread, claiming it attracts rats."

Hello,if the ducks have eaten the bread there is nothing left there so there is no litter and nothing to attract rats and vermin.

Tell these council nazis to fu*k off!

I think that's problem. Overfeeding.
  • Options
    lemoncurdlemoncurd Posts: 57,778
    Forum Member

I didn't mention anything about a bag - but the article clearly says that she was fined for littering, not for feeding ducks.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    At least LPR formerly know as JPD has an accurate thread title unlike the other thread.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Godwin in the first post! :D

Why won't anyone think of the poor ducks?