Doctor Who - 2nd April (merged)

Comments

• Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bonesy wrote:
    Very good question!

The Doctor mentioned a war - but who with?

And the Doctor is the last time lord? They all died ?

...indeed. I see many a good story ahead,

truth be told Im not so sure about this. As a kid I loved it when the doctor went "home"
  • Options
    Donald DallasDonald Dallas Posts: 3,546
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thepuffin wrote:
    Got to say, I'm not loving this time travel malarky.

Doctor Who was much better with McCoy when everything happened on Earth, in the present, and the storylines were coherent and long running.

You haven't really seen much Doctor Who (McCoy era included) - have you?
  • Options
    DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That was unbeleivably GREAT.

SO much better than the diabolical first episode. And next week's looks ace too!

My only regret is we won't see Zoe Wannamker's fabulous character again, she was the best thing in it!
  • Options
    Mr BlondeMr Blonde Posts: 12,836
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Not as good as the first episode and i doubt it will appeal to the majority of people...it was too much like farscape...if all the episodes continue to be like that one then the ratings will no doubt become very low...
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    BRILLIANT! Absolutely glorious, and Jabe The Tree was perfect. Funny, exciting, special effectsy, kids'll love it. I certainly did.

Gallifrey destroyed, eh? Who'da thunk it?

RTD webchat cancelled:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/news/drwho/2005/04/02/18276.shtml

chuff.x.
  • Options
    Jennifer JayneJennifer Jayne Posts: 9,022
    Forum Member
    watching the confidential on bbc3 took 8 weeks to do the special effects
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,036
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    deaddog wrote:
    ...indeed. I see many a good story ahead,

truth be told Im not so sure about this. As a kid I loved it when the doctor went "home"
    I'm sure could still go home...in the past....unless all existance of his homeworld has been irraicated...I'm sure we might see later in the series that he realises something wasn't right in the war and he sets about trying to stop what ever it was from happening and results in stopping the war and the death and destruction.
  • Options
    KIIS102KIIS102 Posts: 8,539
    Forum Member
    Brilliant Episode tonight great follow up to last weeks episode i thought. Next weeks episode looks alright but i dont usually like it when they take shows into the 1800 or something to old fashioned mind you the who witch i think it was looked cool. Hopefully it will be a good episode next week too :D
  • Options
    koantemplationkoantemplation Posts: 101,293
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drifter wrote:
    My only regret is we won't see Zoe Wannamker's fabulous character again, she was the best thing in it!
    Well, it is a time travel show, so we could see her again. Look how many times the Darleks have been 'defeated'. :)
  • Options
    chuffnobblerchuffnobbler Posts: 10,772
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Perfect telly. Glorious. Special effectsy, funny, thoughtful (I am posting this in every thread that says DR WHO EP 2, so will end up repeating myself). Jabe was perfect.

chuff.x.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,058
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I loved it and the rest of my family enjoyed it too which is almost unheard of.

and I just noticed that ITV are making snide comments between programmes. sad.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well i know i enjoyed it, 45 mins seemed to go in 5
    am so proud of the way BBC wales have done this :D
    next week looks amazing also :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 301
    Forum Member
    Bonesy wrote:
    Very good question!

The Doctor mentioned a war - but who with?

And the Doctor is the last time lord? They all died ?

I think its covered in the books about the eighth doctor - I think it was a civil war, something to do with Romana.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gregmantis wrote:
    Iand I just noticed that ITV are making snide comments between programmes. sad.
    In what way?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 19,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gregmantis wrote:
    I loved it and the rest of my family enjoyed it too which is almost unheard of.

and I just noticed that ITV are making snide comments between programmes. sad.
    What are they saying?
  • Options
    JamfocusJamfocus Posts: 7,024
    Forum Member
    axious wrote:
    Different places, planets, solar systems, times.

Thanks. Thought it was something along those lines.

When do the Daleks appear?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Jade-Rose wrote:
    I think its covered in the books about the eighth doctor - I think it was a civil war, something to do with Romana.

I've never really watched any of the previous series, but I can't work out whether this one follows on from the previous ones, or whether it is a completely new reinvention. Has that become clear yet?
  • Options
    PR.PR. Posts: 2,356
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Very good episode, not what I was expecting from Dr Who.
  • Options
    DrifterDrifter Posts: 12,071
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrfreeze wrote:
    Well, it is a time travel show, so we could see her again. Look how many times the Darleks have been 'defeated'. :)

Yeah, but then someone pointed out to me that judging by this episode it was clear Cassandra and the Dr had never met before, so I'm not sure it's possible...
  • Options
    LemonadeLemonade Posts: 4,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Forgot - You can speak to the writer (T Davis), on BBC's website.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    gregmantis wrote:
    I've never really watched any of the previous series, but I can't work out whether this one follows on from the previous ones, or whether it is a completely new reinvention. Has that become clear yet?
    Its a follow on, although they still have the flexability to make it a re-invention if they want. CE leaving may make them reconsider (along with other reasons)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Exulus wrote:
    What are they saying?

Something along the lines of not needing a Doctor and a Police Box to go time travelling with ITV and 'Hit Me Baby One More Time'. Maybe it wasn't sniode as such, but I find it strange that they reference it.
  • Options
    JamfocusJamfocus Posts: 7,024
    Forum Member
    Lemonade wrote:

Thats no longer taken place :(
  • Options
    InkblotInkblot Posts: 26,889
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Great stuff.

"What are you going to do - moisturise me?"

I don't remember the old Dr Who having any kind of emotional content either. But this series is quite moving at times, with Earth's destruction - normally a kind of sci-fi "what if?" concept - actually meaning something for a change. Hats off for making it involving as well as fun.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lemonade wrote:
    its cancelled, no reason given. :(