Options

The Michael Jackson Exhibition

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    sophloz wrote: »
    You can buy the merchandise from www.mjexhibitstore.com. They gave me a leaflet on Weds when I was there with a discount code! I'm asking for the Bad t-shirt for xmas!

They are selling the Bad t-shirts in River Island for £20. I want one too! I used to have one when i was little but i seem to have outgrown it. :p My fav album of MJ's, my fav MJ era and my fav MJ album cover. Who's Bad?! :cool:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,881
    Forum Member
    Hera wrote: »
    They are selling the Bad t-shirts in River Island for £20. I want one too! I used to have one when i was little but i seem to have outgrown it. :p My fav album of MJ's, my fav MJ era and my fav MJ album cover. Who's Bad?! :cool:

You aint bad! You aint nothing!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,328
    Forum Member

Oooh I want one!!
    Going to the exhibition again on sunday,taking my friend's daughter:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You aint bad! You aint nothing!

Love, love that part of the video.

*sigh* :)

Bad isn't one of my fav MJ songs but the video is smoking! :D
    Taboo wrote: »
    Oooh I want one!!
    Going to the exhibition again on sunday,taking my friend's daughter:)

I am thinking of getting my little sister the Bad t-shirt. A sort of Xmas gift.

I'll probably buy a different t-shirt from the O2 exhibition shop.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Love, love that part of the video.

*sigh* :)

Bad isn't one of my fav MJ songs but the video is smoking! :D

Same here, I wouldn't place Bad in my top 10, but the video, mmmmmmmm.

I am thinking of getting my little sister the Bad t-shirt. A sort of Xmas gift.

I'll probably buy a different t-shirt from the O2 exhibition shop.

The t-shirts at the shop are really expensive-they're all around £30 but they do have a large selection.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quick question, can you buy tickets over the counter from the Exhibition place? I have tickets booked for Tuesday and one of my cousin and her friends might come along and they asked me whether they can purchase their tickets there and then or do you have to do it online?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Quick question, can you buy tickets over the counter from the Exhibition place? I have tickets booked for Tuesday and one of my cousin and her friends might come along and they asked me whether they can purchase their tickets there and then or do you have to do it online?

You can buy tickets from there, that's what I did. Plus its cheaper as there is no booking fee. It was quite funny as the o2 was empty and one of the staff members accosted me as soon as I walked into the building asking if he could help me with anything. I think he wanted something to do! You can buy the tickets at the entrance to the exhibition, which is about half way up the entertainment avenue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You can buy tickets from there, that's what I did. Plus its cheaper as there is no booking fee. It was quite funny as the o2 was empty and one of the staff members accosted me as soon as I walked into the building asking if he could help me with anything. I think he wanted something to do! You can buy the tickets at the entrance to the exhibition, which is about half way up the entertainment avenue.

Thanks for the info.

My cousin is a bit of a prude when it comes to buying/purchasing things online.

I am guessing the O2 will be very busy next week. With the Xmas holidays.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Thanks for the info.

My cousin is a bit of a prude when it comes to buying/purchasing things online.

I am guessing the O2 will be very busy next week. With the Xmas holidays.

There's a Peter Pan show there at the moment and its usally very busy during the holidays. But the exhibition shouldn't be too bad and for something to eat go to the Slug. The families I find always go to the restaurants, leaving the Slug free for the adults!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,368
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dont know if anyone knows this but if you are a sky subscriber, go to sky.com and log in, or register and they are giving away free tickets to the exihibition on Friday 22 Jan 2010.

got my tickets today and booked my flight to london.

Awesome. cant wait to go now!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Dombo wrote: »
    Dont know if anyone knows this but if you are a sky subscriber, go to sky.com and log in, or register and they are giving away free tickets to the exihibition on Friday 22 Jan 2010.

I heard about that offer but I'm going on a big fan meet up to the exhibition the next day.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Off to the exhibition again in a bit...thinking about what else I can buy to get another MJ plastic bag(my other one ripped)...sad huh?? LOL:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just back. Alot busier than last time and more stuff in the shop,got a couple more mugs,and a mug and pin badges for friend's little girl,who came with me:)
    Still found it very emotional....:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Just back. Alot busier than last time and more stuff in the shop,got a couple more mugs,and a mug and pin badges for friend's little girl,who came with me:)
    Still found it very emotional....:(

I could spend so much money in that shop! Which mug did you buy, I bought the Bad one!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I could spend so much money in that shop! Which mug did you buy, I bought the Bad one!

I have the bad one at work and 3 exhibition ones at home:o
    Nearly bought another 3 for the mug tree but then couldn't justify spending 70 pounds in total on mugs LOL
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 233
    Forum Member
    Dombo wrote: »

Thanks for the info, just booked some :D:D:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I have the bad one at work and 3 exhibition ones at home:o
    Nearly bought another 3 for the mug tree but then couldn't justify spending 70 pounds in total on mugs LOL

Lol I need to get another mug when I go back in Jan for work. I have the exhibition poster, the MJ spin keyring, the Bad mug and I bought a pack of four badges. And that's me being good!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks for the heads about Sky booked two tickets.

Now need to plan the travel...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xxSammiexx wrote: »
    Thanks for the info, just booked some :D:D:D

No Probs, it was quite an offer. too good to turn down!
    geniedi wrote: »
    Thanks for the heads about Sky booked two tickets.

Now need to plan the travel...

No probs.
    i got flights to london from belfast on friday for £20 return for me and my wife!
    cant wait!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blimey that is good, think it will cost a fair bit more than that to get myself and son up from Essex, which is only about an hour on the train to Liverpool St.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I went today, just got home now (spent a few hours in Oxford St - never go there the day before Christmas Eve :eek:)

Loved the exhibition! But it's a real bittersweet experience. I went in excited but by the end, walking through the TII section and writing in the message book, it was sad.

I bought a t-shirt, poster and a mug from the shop. I think i will go again next month, just one more time.

To everyone else who lives in London or who can travel down to the capital, definitely visit the exhibition.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I went today, just got home now (spent a few hours in Oxford St - never go there the day before Christmas Eve :eek:)

Loved the exhibition! But it's a real bittersweet experience. I went in excited but by the end, walking through the TII section and writing in the message book, it was sad.

I bought a t-shirt, poster and a mug from the shop. I think i will go again next month, just one more time.

To everyone else who lives in London or who can travel down to the capital, definitely visit the exhibition.

I think you need to go twice,purely to take it all in as your emotions are all over the place the first time.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I'm seeing it for the second time on the 23rd for the MJ fan day at the o2. Exhibition, then a show at the Indigo2 with Navi performing, and an after party at 7pm. Whoop, I'm so excited. Couple friends and I are booking a hotel room so we can Michael it up all night long!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think you need to go twice,purely to take it all in as your emotions are all over the place the first time.

I agree. It is a lot to take in.

I was particularly sad when i saw the containers he took to the TII rehearsals that his children would give him with food & drink inside them. :(

It was really busy yesterday. Lots of kids with their mums & dads. I love seeing the new generation of fans enjoying the whole MJ experience.
    I'm seeing it for the second time on the 23rd for the MJ fan day at the o2. Exhibition, then a show at the Indigo2 with Navi performing, and an after party at 7pm. Whoop, I'm so excited. Couple friends and I are booking a hotel room so we can Michael it up all night long!

That sounds like fun!

I am glad they have put the arena to good use. It was useless when it was known as the Millennium Dome. I went there in 2000 on a school trip and it was boring. Now it works great as an entertainment venue.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, time is here (nearly)
    flying to london tonight and going to the exhibition tomorrow!
    cant wait im all jittery thinking about it. lol