[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 376
Forum Member
Can Joe get to number 1 this week?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i hope so, hopefully now that the rage campaign has suceeded that all the campaigners will buy his single(even if they just download it for 29p from amazon), this way he still gets a number one:)
  • Options
    Pices-55Pices-55 Posts: 18,401
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Will anyone care this week, I suspect Joe has sold as much as he is going to tbh, well maybe some last minute selling for Xmas, but I suspect Cheryl cant sing Cole will be no 1.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mizzjem wrote: »
    i hope so, hopefully now that the rage campaign has suceeded that all the campaigners will buy his single(even if they just download it for 29p from amazon), this way he still gets a number one:)

Surely you are not suggesting people buy it not because they like it but simply to get an artist to no1.:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Pices-55 wrote: »
    Surely you are not suggesting people buy it not because they like it but simply to get an artist to no1.:D

i'm not, i'm just saying they said it was nothing personal against Joe....if they dont want to buy, i'm not telling them to,i was just hoping they do:D
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cheryl won't be #1, it'll be either Joe or Rage. RATM have clearly slowed down on iTunes and I expect the same on other download sites. It'll depend how Joe's physical sales hold up
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I think Joe will get to number 1 this week. I also think he may get the highest singles sales of the year.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pices-55 wrote: »

Like anyone would do something like that. :eek::p
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,961
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    CHeryl will get number one. Joe will have to wait his turn.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's no way Cheryl will out sell Joe next week, Cheryl could possibly get #2, but that's pretty unlikely.

I reckon next week's top 5:

1. Joe
    2. RATM
    3. GaGa
    4. Cheryl
    5. Peter Kay

or PK at #4 and Cheryl at #5, we'll know when the first midweeks come in how well PK is still doing
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    is cheryl's song 3 words , the one you are talking about, if it is i cant really see her going from number 7 in the charts straight to number 1...she'd have to sell a lot of singles.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,062
    Forum Member
    I seriously doubt RATM will be at No. 2 next week. In fact I'm expecting them to disappear from the charts now that the point has been made.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    They still have a 50% lead over Joe on iTunes and are top of Amazon, they won't leave the top 5.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,152
    Forum Member
    Depends on his digital sales, taking into account that the shops are closed on Christmas day and close early on Christmas Eve and only some open on Boxing day
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    iTunes trend throughout the morning: http://imgur.com/yvt4w.gif
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    on itunes can a popularity bar go down, if there is a decrease in sales???
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,649
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    spkx wrote: »
    iTunes trend throughout the morning: http://imgur.com/yvt4w.gif

Please PM me how you did that. I am impressed.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mizzjem wrote: »
    on itunes can a popularity bar go down, if there is a decrease in sales???

Not always, the bars are all relative. A bar going down may mean it's selling less OR the song above it is selling more
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mallaka wrote: »
    Please PM me how you did that. I am impressed.

No need to PM, I just took screenshots of the iTunes bars every hour and stuck 'em into a Fireworks doucment
  • Options
    funnyusernamefunnyusername Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Rage will stay at number 1. people who weren't part of the campaign and didn't know the song prior will cop it coz its a tune!

Lady Gaga @ 2
    Cheryl @ 3
    Joe @ 8
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,218
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes Joe will be number one next week no question
  • Options
    GnobeGnobe Posts: 462
    Forum Member

Lady Gaga @ 2
    Cheryl @ 3
    Joe @ 8

Ok we'll come back and quote you on that on sunday.
  • Options
    funnyusernamefunnyusername Posts: 562
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Gnobe wrote: »
    Ok we'll come back and quote you on that on sunday.
    you'll forgive me if i'm too busy enjoying the christmas festivities to come online and discuss chart predictions won't you?
  • Options
    SuperSoaperSuperSoaper Posts: 5,724
    Forum Member
    There's now a Facebook campaign to get Joe to number one. All Joe fans must download his single again or buy it from the shops again! We must help him fulfil his dream, even if you don't want a second copy of his song, it's not about that, it's about getting justice for Joe. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    There's now a Facebook campaign to get Joe to number one. All Joe fans must download his single again or buy it from the shops again! We must help him fulfil his dream, even if you don't want a second copy of his song, it's not about that, it's about getting justice for Joe. :D

I didnt buy either single last week and wont be buying it this week, Awww what about all the other artists in the chart, dont they deserve a chance too, why Joe and not Lady Ga Ga or Cheryl :p:p
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well RATM are slowing down a lot:

http://i.imgur.com/hSuF5.gif