Options

What exactly has Charlotte Church done to Cheryl Tweedy??

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Ive said it before, if Cheryl wasn't a popstar she'd be a skanky tracksuit and cheap gold jewellry wearing fishwife, living in a grotty council flat on a sink estate in Newcastle with about five kids by different dads.
    Brilliant LMAO :D
  • Options
    GeorgiecatsGeorgiecats Posts: 6,628
    Forum Member
    She does seem to have trouble keeping her big gob shut (Cheryl Tweedy that is). Charlotte is no shrinking violet but doesn't seem to have the same chip on her shoulder and is just enjoying herself.

Cheryl Tweedy only got off that charge of lamping someone in a club not so long since by using her celebrity status and pretending to be all demure and it was all a misunderstanding.

If that was the case you'd think she'd be keeping quiet. But seems you can take the girl away from chav central but can't stop her from being one.

Why is she so bitter? She's pretty, rich and famous and has a footballer boyfriend. Isn't that what they all want? What IS her problem?
  • Options
    *Sarah**Sarah* Posts: 2,576
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I cant understand why people are so negative about Cheryl on this thread.

She cannot be judged on her brother. And to say its in the genes is ridicoulous.

I was watching a documentary on Charlotte Church and she came across as very chavvy to me. Standing there with her cigarette in her hand, trying to act all cool.
    Charlotte has a nasty mouth.

And to start saying Cheryl would be on a council estate is again very unfair and a bit prejudice to girls from Newcastle.

And as for saying shes rasict :confused: Just look at her fiance and how close she was to Javine on PSTR.
  • Options
    thewisemanthewiseman Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    *Sarah* wrote:

And to start saying Cheryl would be on a council estate is again very unfair and a bit prejudice to girls from Newcastle.

And as for saying shes rasict :confused: Just look at her fiance and how close she was to Javine on PSTR.

Agreed. I think some bigoted posters are confusing regional dialects for some kind of peasant underclass.

And she was never convicted of racism was she?
  • Options
    gemmaovwales03gemmaovwales03 Posts: 7,183
    Forum Member
    I was watching cduk last night and I think Charlotte was talking about her slagging match with Cheryl and fair play Charlotte just said its all in the past now and didn't start bitching about her. I'm glad she has the brains to put this slagging match to bed.
  • Options
    FancyFancy Posts: 3,582
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thewiseman wrote:
    And she was never convicted of racism was she?

No, but she gave an innocent woman a very nasty beating.
    And is the fact that she wasn't convicted of racism an excuse?
  • Options
    thewisemanthewiseman Posts: 254
    Forum Member
    Fancy wrote:
    No, but she gave an innocent woman a very nasty beating.
    And is the fact that she wasn't convicted of racism an excuse?

No. You know full well what I am saying.

A poster accused her of racism, but this was not the case.
    Thus you cannot accuse her of that.

Beating up someone was wrong though, very wrong
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    thewiseman wrote:

Yes, and you know full well what I am saying. I didn't say that she wasn't convicted of racism.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If the toilet attendant was white I doubt there would have been so much of a backlash against Cheryl.
    Yes it was wrong but she has been punished and os moving on. Maybe some people on here should do the same.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Sarah* wrote:
    If the toilet attendant was white I doubt there would have been so much of a backlash against Cheryl.
    Yes it was wrong but she has been punished and os moving on. Maybe some people on here should do the same.

If the toilet attendant had been white there wouldn't have been any accusations of racism anyway as CT is white too! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fancy wrote:
    If the toilet attendant had been white there wouldn't have been any accusations of racism anyway as CT is white too! :rolleyes:

Exactly thats what Im saying.
    The colour of the attendant was nothing to do with why Cheryl attacked her. But people in this thread have been implying it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just as proof
    dgjbear wrote:
    I'm surprised at Cheryl...its not as if Charlotte is even black
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Sarah* wrote:
    The colour of the attendant was nothing to do with why Cheryl attacked her. But people in this thread have been implying it is.

All I'm trying to say that my own opinion is although I'm not a fan of Charlotte's, she has a lot more talent than Tweedy, who isn't a very nice person by virtue of her beating up an innocent, regardless of the colour of their skin.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Yes and to be honest my comments arent really aimed at you. There aimed at the posters who keep calling her a chav because shes from Newcastle. Just because Charlotte comes from a "better" that more people approve of she is not being hailed as a chav. Whereas Cheryl is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    *Sarah* wrote:
    Yes and to be honest my comments arent really aimed at you. There aimed at the posters who keep calling her a chav because shes from Newcastle. Just because Charlotte comes from a "better" that more people approve of she is not being hailed as a chav. Whereas Cheryl is.

Cheryl would be a chav if she came from Newcastle, Newport or Newbury. Predjudice against Northerners maybe? :confused:

Edit: Just going through this thread and I've only spotted one unpleasant reference to Tweedy's Geordie roots here:

Posted by maxsie:
    "for Charlotte..talent........looks....money...longevity....ability to sings more than one style......
    for Northern bint.......erm..........ooh............nope sorry"

Some posters have stated if it wasn't for Girls Aloud she'd probably be living on a sink estate in Newcastle - nothing wrong with Newcastle itself, but their statements are possibly true.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thewiseman wrote:
    I thought you had your kid months ago?

He's 7 months old but I'm still brestfeeding so the chest remains extremely impressive. :D

(Probably not for much longer though :( )
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 617
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thewiseman wrote: »
    do good luck to her. She has a well paid career. I am sure there are many of the people you describe (skanky tracksuit and cheap gold jewellry wearing fishwife, living in a grotty council flat on a sink estate in Newcastle with about five kids by different dads) without her luck.
    So why crucify her?

I have to say that Cheryl has let everything go to her head. So much so that she needs some taking down
    She is lucky enough to have good looks. That has opened a few doors for her and gained some attention for a while. But, after a while you need more than just good looks. This goes for any business in the world. You need talent of some sort, a quick wit plus a sense of humour amongst other things.
    Cheryl has nothing other than her face and figure to offer and a very average singing voice. Cheryl is not even in the same league as Charlotte Church and Lilly Allen.
    Charlotte is a remarkably talented singer with a quick wit and down to earth charm which, at a very tender age, enabled her to front her own successful chat show. Charlotte will always have her wonderful singing voice for years to come.
    Lilly Allen writes her own songs and sings them live. She has a fantastic quirky persona and, like Charlotte, amazingly down to earth and not in the least suffering from the precious princess syndrom. Lilly and Charlotte are both beautiful, maybe not quite as beautiful as Cheryl, but they have substance. Cheryl has none.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Sarah* wrote: »

I really don't see the difference in getting punched in the face from a drunk, or getting punched in the face from a racist. Either way it's an act of violence and you are still punched in the face.
    The victim in this case, who was doing her menial late night job recieved a massive black eye for her trouble. A black eye is a black eye which she recieved while trying to do her job. OK! Maybe, in Cheryl's defence, this woman was a bit bossy, irritating or just a pain in the neck whatever. We have all met these people in these places and under the same circumstances that annoy the hell out of us, but, never, never in a million years would we consider giving her punch in the face. It is so alien to most women's nature. We argue, we answer back, we are cheeky but you just don't punch someone in the face.
    However, it did happen a few years ago and things change, but, I can't help to note that in all of Cheryl's copious apologies to everyone she never once apologised to her
    victim.
    I loved Cheryl last year, but this year she has let her darker side show, especially on the Xtra factor, and from the way she behaves off screen to the audience.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    thewiseman wrote: »

So, if she had made racist comments, but not beaten her up that would be worse than if she just beat her up?
  • Options
    spkxspkx Posts: 14,870
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    dude, this thread is very old. Most of the posters you're replying to haven't visited the site for the past 4 years
  • Options
    fitnessqueenfitnessqueen Posts: 5,185
    Forum Member
    spkx wrote: »
    dude, this thread is very old. Most of the posters you're replying to haven't visited the site for the past 4 years

In fact they are all banned. Very odd to go through all the trouble of digging up a thread from four years ago........
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    *Sarah* wrote: »

Cheryl's attack on this woman was absolutely wrong, wether it was racially motivated or not.
    What is the difference in being assaulted by a racist or assaulted by a thug? None! It hurts and is just as damaging. Wether this assault was racist or not, the main point it was a painfull physical assault carried out by a thug!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,485
    Forum Member
    Girls Aloud do not have 'a sound'. The sound of Girls Aloud is the creation of Xenomania, their writing and production team.
  • Options
    Rogana JoshRogana Josh Posts: 41,348
    Forum Member
    In this week's New magazine it says Cheryl has been warned by the other members of Girl Aloud to stop slagging off Charlotte. Apparently they are worried it will hurt their sales. Cheryl hates Charlotte and always slags her off at every oppurtunity. Apparently she slagged off Charlotte for "copying their sound" and its gone on from there.

To be honest Cheryl is not my cup of tea. There is something a tad "rough" about her. Have you seen those hideous tatoos she's got all over her?

She's got one right at the top of her left leg but I would really need a close examination of it to comment on it :D
  • Options
    googlekinggoogleking Posts: 15,006
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    spkx wrote: »

Does Charlotte Church even still exist? Seems like she went off to make babies a few years ago and then Hayley Westenra turned up instead and was better.