Options

New Doctor Who Fan (Part Davison)

Comments

• Options
    dgembadgembadgembadgemba Posts: 18,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eowyn you have just given me a great idea to stop the monster getting upset - let her play with my K9 robot thingy. shes had her eye on it for months :D
  • Options
    Eowyn WEowyn W Posts: 6,792
    Forum Member
    Eowyn you have just given me a great idea to stop the monster getting upset - let her play with my K9 robot thingy. shes had her eye on it for months :D

Distraction tactics - good plan!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 917
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tigger-Roo wrote: »
    Ooh yes, Casanova will have to wait for me, as I have too much else going on. What did you think of that video I posted on Facebook yesterday? I don't think it can be that old, maybe just before Dr Who? Anyway always nice to see DT in his underpants. :D

I'd love to help (or at least take a look ;)), but Facebook is a big mystery to me...

Is there still a chance to join whoonies there? And if so, is it very complicated? :o
  • Options
    Tigger-RooTigger-Roo Posts: 10,348
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Eowyn W wrote: »
    I was going to order that book about Big Finish which I was looking at yesterday and was stunned to find that some sellers are charging over £50 for it! £50..? :eek:

Thankfully, others are charging less than £15 new or less than £10 used - I know which sellers I will be looking at!

Crikey that's ridiculous. I had a look online at the book you mentioned. Will be interesting when I've heard some BF audios. :)

We used to have the same problem with youngest after Christmas. We used to tell her that the Easter Bunny came round just after Christmas to make sure all the decks were down as he was a very proud bunny and wanted to make sure people were getting ready for Easter. It used to work in our house, but we had an almight build up to Easter for 3 mths. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Macek wrote: »
    I'd love to help (or at least take a look ;)), but Facebook is a big mystery to me...

Is there still a chance to join whoonies there? And if so, is it very complicated? :o

Hello - not too complicated. Just let Weedle know who you are and she can let you into the Whoonie group.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is the link I posted on Facebook.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6n4fi_bbc-pilot-only-human-david-tennant_shortfilms

Regarding the Whoonies, no it's easy to join, I think you just need to send a request to Weedle who is our chairwoman. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Crikey that's ridiculous. I had a look online at the book you mentioned. Will be interesting when I've heard some BF audios. :)

I have gone ahead and ordered one of the cheaper ones (thanks to a DW fan friend of mine and his lovely Amazon voucher!) It covers exactly the period I have listened to so far and looks like there is info on each story, so I can read along as we listen!

Are you planning to begin today? I am off out to the shops soon, so will begin as I walk down the road.
    We used to have the same problem with youngest after Christmas. We used to tell her that the Easter Bunny came round just after Christmas to make sure all the decks were down as he was a very proud bunny and wanted to make sure people were getting ready for Easter. It used to work in our house, but we had an almight build up to Easter for 3 mths. :D

Not so much of a problem now - Easter chocs everywhere here!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

we told her its to make more room for her toys lol

but i think the tin dog will do the trick. She has been asking for KayNoine for ages
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I have gone ahead and ordered one of the cheaper ones (thanks to a DW fan friend of mine and his lovely Amazon voucher!) It covers exactly the period I have listened to so far and looks like there is info on each story, so I can read along as we listen!

Are you planning to begin today? I am off out to the shops soon, so will begin as I walk down the road.

Not so much of a problem now - Easter chocs everywhere here!

I plan to start the first one this afternoon. Can't do it now as I'm working...sort of. But after lunch I'll get stuck into the housework and ironing and put it on then. :)

I noticed cadbury creme eggs and such in Asda over the weekend. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    we told her its to make more room for her toys lol

but i think the tin dog will do the trick. She has been asking for KayNoine for ages

Yep that's a good one too. Always good to make room for toys. :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Hello - not too complicated. Just let Weedle know who you are and she can let you into the Whoonie group.
    This is the link I posted on Facebook.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6n4fi_bbc-pilot-only-human-david-tennant_shortfilms

Regarding the Whoonies, no it's easy to join, I think you just need to send a request to Weedle who is our chairwoman. :D
    Thanks, I'll contact "the Mistress" ;)

I've seen that pilot btw, it's pretty good. And if I can say so myself, way more interesting than this silly upcoming american lawyer thingie... Anyway, I don't know exact date, but DT looked similar in People Like Us and that was in 2001 I think. Just my guess.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am really getting fed up of all these new members posting threads pointing out the fricking obvious.

I think i am going to go into the movie forum and post a "Planet of the Apes" thread.
    Wow did anyone else notice that there were talking monkeys in planet of the apes

Plus a little thing that may have passed you by
    The statue of liberty at the end - It was EARTH all along

Its only a matter of time before my sarcasm metre explodes
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am really getting fed up of all these new members posting threads pointing out the fricking obvious.

I think i am going to go into the movie forum and post a "Planet of the Apes" thread.

Please do, I'm willing to discuss it at length!! I'm desperate to raise my posts count now, but not desperate enough to reply in any of those "actual" threads... ;):p

And seriously, they are incredible, aren't they? I personally prefer "impossible questions" posts: "do we know which hand the Doctor's gonna use to pat the Dalek in next series?" They're my favorite... :rolleyes:
  • Options
    weedledeedleweedledeedle Posts: 8,669
    Forum Member

blimey! The WORLD had better watch out!! :eek: :D

my head is going to burn, blow and explode because Heather Mills is on one of my favourite telly progs - DOI - and I quite seriously LOATHE HER with a passion - and your sarcasm metre has reached "critical critical critical"
    *sirens going off ooo ooooo oooo ooo oooo alarm lights flashing.....*

Whoonies Beware - Dgem and I mean business!!

(as soon as I see La Mills' plug ugly boat on my tellybox, I can feel the bile rise, the fur on the back of my neck bristles and I start to reach for sharp pointed implements to broach the screen with! :eek: :D:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Thanks, I'll contact "the Mistress" ;)

I've seen that pilot btw, it's pretty good. And if I can say so myself, way more interesting than this silly upcoming american lawyer thingie... Anyway, I don't know exact date, but DT looked similar in People Like Us and that was in 2001 I think. Just my guess.

Aah, first time I'd seen it, and it looked quite good. Pity it didn't come to fruition. Yes 2001 sounds like a near mark.

Lol at Dgems' post. I agree the amount of theads out there is amazing, never seen the like before. Still hoping it will settle down in a week or so.
  • Options
    Muttley76Muttley76 Posts: 97,888
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Unexpected afternoon off work due to a power failure today! It wasn't me. Honest! :o

Have some stuff to be getting on with here, but always nice to be working at home with the cricket on with the background and access to DS!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

my head is going to burn, blow and explode because Heather Mills is on one of my favourite telly progs - DOI - and I quite seriously LOATHE HER with a passion - and your sarcasm metre has reached "critical critical critical"

(as soon as I see La Mills' plug ugly boat on my tellybox, I can feel the bile rise, the fur on the back of my neck bristles and I start to reach for sharp pointed implements to broach the screen with! :eek: :D:o

She has the same effect on me. Cant stand the woman
    Muttley76 wrote: »
    Unexpected afternoon off work due to a power failure today! It wasn't me. Honest! :o

Have some stuff to be getting on with here, but always nice to be working at home with the cricket on with the background and access to DS!:D

*imagines muttley hiding the phillips head screwdriver under her matress to dispose of the evidence lol*
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member
    *drums fingers on desk*

Natural language parsing is so slow... it takes an hour and a half to run each of my experiments. Oh well, that means I have more time to waste... uh... spend messing around online. :o

The trials and tribulations of a PhD student. :)
  • Options
    Forum Member

:D

With her popularity here, I wouldn't expect her to be on the show for long. Sometimes, she makes me embarassed to be a vegetarian!

Hurray for working from home. I ventured out earlier to the shops and it was still scary underfoot - not looking forward to going out early in the dark tomorrow...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the AI gender break down is fascinating...well only seen series 4 onwards so far, but wow there are real differences. I wish we could get a gender breakdown for votes in the DS episode polls, cause it could be really really revealing I think!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    the AI gender break down is fascinating...well only seen series 4 onwards so far, but wow there are real differences. I wish we could get a gender breakdown for votes in the DS episode polls, cause it could be really really revealing I think!

Really? Which way does it skew?

I see from a thread out there that The Sun has picked up on the ginger comment - I better rethink that red hair rinse I just bought this afternoon! :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 100
    Forum Member

I'm looking forward to getting some analysis going :) Still thinking about what other columns may be interesting. Fear Factor maybe?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Arnia wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to getting some analysis going :) Still thinking about what other columns may be interesting. Fear Factor maybe?

we could do a gender breakdown of the audience. I have those figures as well. Surprisingly it's pretty close to being 50/50. Which again I suspect is relevent to the different make up of fandom, which has always had a heavy male gender bias.

They stopped doing the fear factor after series 4 though, so you'd have no data on that for the specials.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really? Which way does it skew?

I see from a thread out there that The Sun has picked up on the ginger comment - I better rethink that red hair rinse I just bought this afternoon! :rolleyes:

Women rate it higher than men every week. Sometimes by several points. Women have superior taste in tv...;)

In fairness the Sun article states that the those complaining have missed the fact it is a running joke because The Doctor wants to be ginger. Not sure why it's news though!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Women rate it higher than men every week. Sometimes by several points. Women have superior taste in tv...;)

Totally agree! ;)

I wonder why that is? Maybe men don't like Donna's red hair!

*Eowyn re-iterates her love for red hair before Weedle or Tumpy get her*
    In fairness the Sun article states that the those complaining have missed the fact it is a running joke because The Doctor wants to be ginger. Not sure why it's news though!

Oh, I'm OK then! :D
This discussion has been closed.