Options

Got To Dance (Sky 1)

Comments

• Options
    NeilPostNeilPost Posts: 6,067
    Forum Member
    pussyfoot wrote: »
    I'm the worst cynic ever and also hate sob stories of any kind to sway voters. As for Ashley Banjo, i also have a major crush on him, i think he has the most beautiful face and seems so sincere and genuine. I feel Hollywood awaits this young man. :)

I was in two minds as to whether the changing the mind/vote on the cancer mum kid was genuine or opportunism for the camera - Mr Street Cred, will have his image tarnished by this show constantly binning acts - who in reality just ain;'good enough. Fact.

Also, about half the people are 'street dancers'. Has anyone actually seen a street dancer in the wild, or is it some bizzare inner city activity. Have been in Birmingham city centre several times of late, and not seen sight of one.
  • Options
    SickPuppy21SickPuppy21 Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Got To Dance live shows begin Jan 24th since Diversity will be performing on the show then.
  • Options
    cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    "She Choreographed Atomic Kitten"

That woman did make me laugh,very very deluded
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 48,027
    Forum Member
    This is a surprisingly good show. Shame it's stuck on Sky where most people won't bother watching it. Although I guess the live shows might bring a lot more people in.
  • Options
    cantoscantos Posts: 7,368
    Forum Member
    Ashley showed he was out of his depth when the lad tap dancing performed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,217
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pussyfoot wrote: »
    I'm the worst cynic ever and also hate sob stories of any kind to sway voters. As for Ashley Banjo, i also have a major crush on him, i think he has the most beautiful face and seems so sincere and genuine. I feel Hollywood awaits this young man. :)

I only watched it because I saw that Ashley was one of the judges (agree about how beautiful he is!!), but really enjoyed it. Looking forward to when it gets to the live shows.
  • Options
    -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    Mehenny wrote: »
    I only watched it because I saw that Ashley was one of the judges (agree about how beautiful he is!!), but really enjoyed it. Looking forward to when it gets to the live shows.

God I'm glad I wasn't the only one :o
  • Options
    -Jade"-Jade" Posts: 9,017
    Forum Member
    cantos wrote: »

I don't see how. Although I was surprised he did, he must have had his reasons.
    How is it any different to Kimberley or Adam saying no to a street dancer? Their personal opinion is always going to come into it, whether or not you agree.
  • Options
    MandarkMandark Posts: 48,027
    Forum Member
    Agree. Every judge has to think would people pay to watch that guy/girl/group even if their dancing style isn't something that you know well.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,016
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Was surprisingly impressed by the two shows tonight - for the auditions they seem to have taken most of the tricks from BGT/XF without resorting to applying the sob stories and freak show aspects with a trowel.

It definitely helped having an experienced campaigner like Davina fronting it plus three likeable judges who seemed happy to pass their opinion without wanting to take over the show.

Have to admit that my favourite of all the acts was the Jukebox Juniors :o

No contest comparing this to yesterday's SYTYCD auditions -GTD was miles better. However the real point will come with the live shows, I'm expecting awe-inspiring stuff from the professionals on SYTYCD whereas the standard on GTD will no doubt be lower but the human interest poentially higher

I'm looking forward to watching both all the way through anyway :cool:
  • Options
    SickPuppy21SickPuppy21 Posts: 4,089
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Should GTD have its own little section? depending on ratings of course..
  • Options
    SweetlikeheavenSweetlikeheaven Posts: 5,035
    Forum Member
    Havent watched the first show yet.. but I loved the 2nd
    and Ashley :p Haha loved the cheerleaders bit
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 166
    Forum Member
    cantos wrote: »

I agreed with Ashley on that one. He was great at tap dancing BUT he needs to do more than TAP and I can see him acting more.

There were some great dancers on this show, the kids were amazing, jukebox kids were BRILLIANT. And Matchu well he is stunning, and the young girl of 11 her name slips my mind for now was really talented.

I love this show its better then SYTYCD in my opinion as there is more variety.

I like the judges too.

Cant wait for next week which is a good sign.

Felt so sorry for that lady and her dress how embarrassing they could have left that on the cutting floor not shown it.

The 40 year old who saw RED when she got 3 stars was hysterical. I mean she was SO UP HERSELF. She is TOO old anyway sorry for being ageist here, but there was such great young talent, let them have a chance she has had hers.

No I loved it.

For me Matchu and Jukebox and the girl (no name lol).
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, can't stand pushy parents and over coached kids, so she would never get my vote ever...even though she was stunning.

I prefer to see people who have pulled themselves up to the level by their bootstraps, like Matchu and Jukebox Juniors. They were exciting, stunning, inspirational.

I didn't really feel sorry for the woman who fell out of her dress. If they do dance professionally, then surely she would have a better costume fitted!
  • Options
    lea27lea27 Posts: 11,426
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Can anyone confirm just when each new episode is shown? I taped two on Sunday but there seems to be another one on tonight and tomorrow, are these the repeats?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,433
    Forum Member
    what night of the week is this show on? I have the first 2 episodes recorded, watching the second now :) very impressed so far. I haven't seen SYTYCD so I can't comment on it :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,198
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lea27 wrote: »
    Can anyone confirm just when each new episode is shown? I taped two on Sunday but there seems to be another one on tonight and tomorrow, are these the repeats?
    :) The next new episode is on the 10th at 6pm. All the ones this week are repeats of yesterday.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 34
    Forum Member
    The little girl aged 11 is called Emily! very talented and so pretty!

I am loving GTD more than SYTYCD at the moment as I prefer the fact that GTD is for any age, but as others have said think the live shows will determine which is the better show.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 503
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Dawn I missed it, I was sure the adverts said starts 6th January. I was looking forward to it as well.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    It is breilliant. Much more watchable than SYTYCD. The judges are actually EXPERIENCED and Kimberley is amazing. Nothing will phase her. Plus Davina wasn't uber annoying. But then again you need someone like Davina who will champion their show to death.
  • Options
    TironTiron Posts: 8,080
    Forum Member
    I really liked Got To Dance. Saw both episodes last night and will watch now till the end. Have never seen SYTYCD so can't really compare.

The GTD judges are really good. Though I didn't really know who the hot guy, Adam Garcia was until yesterday :o.
  • Options
    CornchipsCornchips Posts: 68,879
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Loved this. Only thing I know Adam Garcia for is being in Coyote Ugly - and he was in Mr Eleven on ITV just before christmas. Didn't know about his dancing ability.

Think the judges work well together - love Kymberly and her lack of sympathy for the sob stories. Wish there were fewer kids but other than that its great.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ooh I loved it !! Might just enter the dance off and see if I get spotted ha ha !

Im also inspired to join a dance class!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,544
    Forum Member
    lola14 wrote: »
    Really liked tonight's show, a lot more entertaining than the BBC's effort.

I agree
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 78
    Forum Member
    Its quite refreshing that they haven't tried to copy the format of the token nasty Cowellesque judge as so many other shows keep doing. Apparently first episode on Sun got over 1M viewers, which is not bad at all, I thought the Davina ads were brilliant though!