Options

Tonights Corrie was just terrible!

xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
Forum Member
They could of done so much with this Joe and Gail thing, but it was so badly written. No wonder only about 60 something people bothered to post comments on the thread.

Comments

• Options
    therightdealtherightdeal Posts: 2,973
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Apart from seeing Gail and David on the speed boat prepared to risk LIMB AND LIFE.

:D
  • Options
    xmel05xmel05 Posts: 8,079
    Forum Member
    Apart from seeing Gail and David on the speed boat prepared to risk LIMB AND LIFE.

:D

James bond eat your heart out lol
  • Options
    ArtyAttackArtyAttack Posts: 67,513
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It is full of plotholes which are just going to raise suspicion on Gail. The writers are taking the viewers for fools.
  • Options
    LeeahLeeah Posts: 20,239
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xmel05 wrote: »
    They could of done so much with this Joe and Gail thing, but it was so badly written. No wonder only about 60 something people bothered to post comments on the thread.

Did not watch so can't comment on this episode, but i've heard a few people recently saying they cant be bothered with C.S atm though, just not capturing their attention.

Me though i stopped watching back in 2005 .. after the bath tub fell through the roof: and have not looked back since and doubt i will. :cool:
  • Options
    superstar111superstar111 Posts: 18,479
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »
    It is full of plotholes which are just going to raise suspicion on Gail. The writers are taking the viewers for fools.

How do you know that's not part of the story, or that Gail doesn't go to jail?
  • Options
    billiobillio Posts: 3,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ArtyAttack wrote: »

But isn't that the idea? One lie leads to another and another ... she's not thinking straight - or rather, she doesn't know he's dead so is following what she thinks is the best route to keep him out of trouble and make it possible for him to change his mind, but it's going to look bad when the police do get involved.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I hope DCI Marsden shows up..:D
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    corrie have been writing rubbish for ages ..i think they are just a bit dumb ...
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    I don't watch it, but follow in the soap mags etc...

I feel for you guys, because it was well built up.... sorry to hear it was poorly executed..
  • Options
    Hogs HeadHogs Head Posts: 21,392
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I haven't watched it for weeks! It's clearly going through a bad patch at the moment,... hopefully it'll pick up!
  • Options
    RuthStarRuthStar Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    lol, My dad watched it tonight, and he said that was 30 minutes of his life he'll never get back, it was really bad according to him.
  • Options
    kat's mumkat's mum Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Leeah wrote: »
    Did not watch so can't comment on this episode, but i've heard a few people recently saying they cant be bothered with C.S atm though, just not capturing their attention.

Me though i stopped watching back in 2005 .. after the bath tub fell through the roof: and have not looked back since and doubt i will. :cool:

I know what you mean about stopping watching soaps, I personally love Corrie and am actually really enjoying it at the moment, but I gave up on Eastenders after really loving it when it first started, when the dreadful Slaters joined.I put up with Grant and Phil Mitchell just, but that was frankly taking the piss!! I haven't watched it since!!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 53,142
    Forum Member
    I thought tonight wasnt too bad..lol..We had Gail n David..Drunk Peter..George being scared...lol...There is no Joe any more..whoooo :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8,681
    Forum Member
    Hogs Head wrote: »
    I haven't watched it for weeks! It's clearly going through a bad patch at the moment,... hopefully it'll pick up!

I've been waiting since late 2005 for it to pick up.
  • Options
    Sick BulletSick Bullet Posts: 20,770
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Soaps are soaps.
  • Options
    bel110bel110 Posts: 14,109
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tonight was the best Corrie I've seen for ages .... purely because I could watch it without Joes dreary face putting me off my dinner ... :)
  • Options
    ewoodieewoodie Posts: 26,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was only worth watching to see that gorgeous lodge Gail is staying in. Does anyone know its name and location?
  • Options
    Release MeRelease Me Posts: 3,666
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xmel05 wrote: »

What did'nt you like about tonights episode? :)
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For me the episode was poor because the potential was there for it to be excellent. Whatever you may think of the characters, Gail and David are played by good actors/actresses yet they were left with dross to deal with - there was no logic behind it, especially in regards to moving the boat! If anything they would've tried to sink it, not dock it.

I can see where the Peter plot is heading with George (I hope I'm right as it'll be interesting if executed properly) so I can bear slow episodes regarding that - it can be hard hitting all the time.
  • Options
    mrbernaymrbernay Posts: 146,203
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fudd wrote: »
    For me the episode was poor because the potential was there for it to be excellent. Whatever you may think of the characters, Gail and David are played by good actors/actresses yet they were left with dross to deal with - there was no logic behind it, especially in regards to moving the boat! If anything they would've tried to sink it, not dock it.

I can see where the Peter plot is heading with George (I hope I'm right as it'll be interesting if executed properly) so I can bear slow episodes regarding that - it can be hard hitting all the time.

It was all so typical of Kim Crowther: no idea of how to tie up storylines or even make them sit on the edge of your seat storylines... It was the same with Tony. Thank God she's gone.... it should just about be back on track for its 50th, with any luck....
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mrbernay wrote: »
    It was all so typical of Kim Crowther: no idea of how to tie up storylines or even make them sit on the edge of your seat storylines... It was the same with Tony. Thank God she's gone.... it should just about be back on track for its 50th, with any luck....

When does Phil Collinson take over? When will his first episode be aired?

I now it sounds harsh considering Kim Crowther set it all up but I'm hoping Collinson'll be in charge in time for the
    court case/Tracey's return
    but I'm not holding my breath. :o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I found tonights good. It seemed like a strange episode at the same time but it certainly moved the storylines on.
  • Options
    tenchgirltenchgirl Posts: 11,100
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    it was on but i never watched it i was too busy gambling online. Watched emmy & ee though. Im so past caring about the platts websters and mcdonalds untill their SLs end its just on in the corner making a noise.
  • Options
    RealityRocksRealityRocks Posts: 4,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree, it was awful. What dross - the worst part for me is seeing characters act out totally out of character plotlines. Most stories are written to fit the five cliffhangers they need to make a week rather than to provide good quality entertainment. I wish Corrie was on three times a week, four at a push. It's so diluted.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    I agree, it was awful. What dross - the worst part for me is seeing characters act out totally out of character plotlines. Most stories are written to fit the five cliffhangers they need to make a week rather than to provide good quality entertainment. I wish Corrie was on three times a week, four at a push. It's so diluted.

This is half the problem. But even under Kim Crowther it'd be crap whether it were once a week or ten times a week.

There needs to be a complete reshuffle at the top.