Options

Will there be Tweets from Lisbon!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    How can you say that ? Kate says it was an abduction and that should be quite enough for any right thinking person. We don't need recontructions or direspectful intrusive questioning by foreigners, it happened that way because they say so.

[I've always tried to avoid 'because I say so' whilst raising my daughter because it is so totally lame and frankly patronising to the recipient.]

Oh dear, I say it to my son quite a bit - he's 2! :o

Mind you, he's starting not to accept it now. Unfortunately for me, he needs a better answer, so I'm going to have to start coming up with them. :D

Birtles wrote: »
    Whenever I hire a car on holiday I always store my trash in the boot, its so much more convienient than using a dustbin.

:D

*giggle*
  • Options
    frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    jassi wrote: »
    Indeed it does, but quoting a document in the public domain should not be against the law.

That throws up a few issues though.

Freedom to report what is in fact a private conversation given as a witness statement (also given in private).

If the injunction is brought by Payne or the McCanns we can think it unfair they are protecting themselves this way. But what if it was brought by the Gaspars* to protect themselves and their children and have their right to privacy upheld? Should we forget about that in our right to freedom? This is why things like this go to court to weigh up who has the greater right - the press to publish or the individual.

[*I do not know who obtained the injunction]
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cath01 wrote: »
    Well, at least that makes clear that your position is nothing to do with the facts or the truth, but only with blind support for someone regardless of whether they are right or wrong, and no matter how badly behaved they have been. Your choice, but don't mistake it for a credible 'take' on the case.

I don't just base my opinion on what Amaral has to say I base it on what other Police officers have said in this country and in Portugal.
  • Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sofieellis wrote: »
    O/T A woman has been arrested after the body of a toddler was found.

Dewsbury - where Shannon Matthews is from.

This is getting too much :(. There have been too many such cases in the last two weeks alone here in the UK :(
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Do you think that's what the dogs smelt?

I hope the dogs went two by two into the ark before it sailed majestically across the Garden of Eden, helmed by a dodgy looking foreigner travelling under the alias of Adam, but believed by authorities to actually be called Noah. ;)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    all those fossils are just a trick to test faith.

Like Kate's fingerprints on the shutter?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,021
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »
    This is getting too much :(. There have been too many such cases in the last two weeks alone here in the UK :(

Heartbreaking. :(
  • Options
    DonaldBDonaldB Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    chebby wrote: »
    If the hire car stank so much , and they had to leave the boot open because of it.

Why did they not just return it for another one?.

When I have been on holiday , I have changed hire cars, so it is not a problem.

Why didn't they.?

Obviously the smell was bad ,as the boot was left open, day after day,so it must have been very unpleasant to drive anywhere, but they did.

And all they had to say was something got spilt and it would have been exchanged in an instant.
    Hire people wouldn't care.

I have never understood , why they persisted in driving a smelly car,for all the time they were there.

And having to leave the boot up because the smell was so bad.

Did they sniff it every time they got in it and say, oh it's not so stinky to-day.No need to change it.

On the other hand, if they had been trying to hide something, they would most certainly have changed it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the dogs went two by two into the ark before it sailed majestically across the Garden of Eden, helmed by a dodgy looking foreigner travelling under the alias of Adam, but believed by authorities to actually be called Noah. ;)

Stop it! I spat my coca cola everywhere damn you! :mad::D
  • Options
    Cath01Cath01 Posts: 866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see little sense in debating puerile analogies when I'm here to discuss specific questions about this case, such as why the cadaver dog barked in the McCanns apartment and nobody else's; why Kate McCann refused to answer basic questions; and why the McCanns have allowed their child's case to remain closed for years, despite - supposedly - thinking she's alive. {/quote]

Well 6/10 for bile, the argument is less satisfactory. KM did not refuse to answer 'basic questions' she refused to answer questions that were clearly intended to try and incriminate her, or build a case against the parents. GM did answer the questions. The Mccanns have not 'allowed' the case to remain closed, it was closed, there are legal restrictions on exactly how it could be re-opened.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DonaldB wrote: »
    Actually, like or loathe him, he has done a remarkably good job on his client's behalf. He has steered the media reporting for over 2 years, aided by Carter Ruck of course.

If he's done so well, why do people on the streets with no real interest in the case still don't believe his clients? Do you know of any journalist who respects him?
  • Options
    chebbychebby Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    Whenever I hire a car on holiday I always store my trash in the boot, its so much more convienient than using a dustbin.

Agree , but do you leave the boot open , because of the smell .

Or even just leave it open and up.
  • Options
    Cath01Cath01 Posts: 866
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    hisdogspot wrote: »

He SAID it cath ! ... it was read out in court,

er, those are two different things as I'm sure you are aware.
  • Options
    sofieellissofieellis Posts: 10,327
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Does anyone know the origin of the dogs, were they British?

They're from South Yorkshire
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZU9Us7IPc_Q

Tapas Cook Breaks Silence and talks about the McCanns
  • Options
    mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone know the origin of the dogs, were they British?

Not just British Yorkshire:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »

I was thinking the same earlier today, before I saw this one. Poor little mites :cry:
  • Options
    chebbychebby Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    DonaldB wrote: »
    On the other hand, if they had been trying to hide something, they would most certainly have changed it.

Could be , but then we get back to the dogs..
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mindyann wrote: »
    Not just British Yorkshire:D

:D:D:D
  • Options
    DonaldBDonaldB Posts: 328
    Forum Member
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    Oh dear, I say it to my son quite a bit - he's 2! :o

Mind you, he's starting not to accept it now. Unfortunately for me, he needs a better answer, so I'm going to have to start coming up with them. :D

:D

*giggle*

Now you start saying: because Daddy said so !:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chebby wrote: »
    Agree , but do you leave the boot open , because of the smell .

Or even just leave it open and up.

Why of course! How does one get rid of the smell from the mobile latrine otherwise :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

I think you may be on to something there :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Off to re watch Lost and try and get my mind off Madeleine all the other sad news out there. :(
    Catch you all later guys, thanks for all your interesting posts and hard work. Take Care.
  • Options
    The SwampsterThe Swampster Posts: 8,384
    Forum Member
    I see little sense in debating puerile analogies when I'm here to discuss specific questions about this case, such as why the cadaver dog barked in the McCanns apartment and nobody else's; why Kate McCann refused to answer basic questions; and why the McCanns have allowed their child's case to remain closed for years, despite - supposedly - thinking she's alive.
    Well 6/10 for bile, the argument is less satisfactory. KM did not refuse to answer 'basic questions' she refused to answer questions that were clearly intended to try and incriminate her, or build a case against the parents. GM did answer the questions. The Mccanns have not 'allowed' the case to remain closed, it was closed, there are legal restrictions on exactly how it could be re-opened.

Thanks, but I'll mark my own work. Stick to your own.

Please demonstrate how the questions were "clearly intended to try and incriminate her".
    How could they possibly incriminate an innocent person who was simply telling the truth? I'd genuinely be interested to hear what innocent answers Kate could give that would have incriminated her.
    As I understand, simply taking part in the reconstruction could reopen the process - or are you suggesting the tapas friends are cruelly refusing to cooperate in this against the McCanns' wishes?
This discussion has been closed.