Will there be Tweets from Lisbon!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,833
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    chebby wrote: »
    Good point...:)

It's something that has always puzzled me. I wouldn't allow strangers into my children's bedrooms. Why were the McCanns so casual about it? And it's rarely talked about. :confused:
  • Options
    frisky pythonfrisky python Posts: 9,737
    Forum Member
    chebby wrote: »
    If the hire car stank so much , and they had to leave the boot open because of it.

Why did they not just return it for another one?.

When I have been on holiday , I have changed hire cars, so it is not a problem.

Why didn't they.?

Obviously the smell was bad ,as the boot was left open, day after day,so it must have been very unpleasant to drive anywhere, but they did.

And all they had to say was something got spilt and it would have been exchanged in an instant.
    Hire people wouldn't care.

I have never understood , why they persisted in driving a smelly car,for all the time they were there.

And having to leave the boot up because the smell was so bad.

Did they sniff it every time they got in it and say, oh it's not so stinky to-day.No need to change it.

Do we know they left the boot open to air it due to a smell? Is that what the McCanns have said?

I would've thought you'd open it to let the hot air out making it more comfortable to drive.:confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 26,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Do we know they left the boot open to air it due to a smell? Is that what the McCanns have said?

I would've thought you'd open it to let the hot air out making it more comfortable to drive.:confused:

I thought it was left open overnight, or am I totally making that up?

Oh, honestly, I really can't be bothered to search the files again! :)
  • Options
    chebbychebby Posts: 7,841
    Forum Member
    Weren't all of the cars they used while in Portugal checked by the dogs?

I was of the understanding they did not have a car at first, it was only when they stayed on they got one. And it was a woman neighbour , who noticed , that day after day the boot was up.
    But how many cars , they got through , I have no idea.

But the pong of nappies and rotting pork chops were enough to have to let it air all the time.
    So under their distressed circumstances, I would have thought a hire car company would totally understand , why the chops and poo was left in there.
    So no worries about changing it.No-one would get cross.
    They just say we cr*pped the car out..Give us another.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    It's something that has always puzzled me. I wouldn't allow strangers into my children's bedrooms. Why were the McCanns so casual about it? And it's rarely talked about. :confused:

They were a friendly bunch :)
  • Options
    mazzy50mazzy50 Posts: 13,312
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

This is a quote from Sr Amaral, so I suppose that means to some it must be untrue.
    I am brought the witness statement of a neighbour, according to whom, the McCanns left their car boot open all the time. For Gerry's brother-in-law, the bad smell was explained by the fact that the McCanns transported their bins in it. As for the blood, it had been left by a piece of meat fallen out of a shopping bag. Kate's cousin explained that the unpleasant smells were due to the little ones' dirty nappies."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lizzy11268 wrote: »
    I thought it was left open overnight, or am I totally making that up?

Oh, honestly, I really can't be bothered to search the files again! :)

It was over night , after night .
  • Options
    mindyannmindyann Posts: 20,264
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

There were comments in a couple of the rogatory statments about whiffiness in the car - attributed to meat and nappies but whose ... memory fails me at the mintue :o
  • Options
    Duke of EarlDuke of Earl Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    End-Em-All wrote: »
    Then he should keep his trap shut and not speak about things he doesn't know!

On the subject of people who don't know things, I was thinking the other day how odd/unusual it is for a multi-million pound company to be run by people who know absolutely nothing about its business - in this case, purportedly, searching for a missing child.

On the board of directors we have medics, a retired teacher, a retired accountant, a retired consultant, a film producer, a lawyer and a salesman (oh wait...). Not a single board member with the remotest experience of abduction cases/missing person searches, knowledge of investigative procedures, the ability to evaluate and appoint a reputable and competent investigation agency, and so on.

I suppose it was inevitable, then, that there was a series of disastrous mistakes at board level, ending with the main backer telling the company that their PIs are useless, when he sees his money sluicing down the drain. It's like a supplier or customer telling a company how to run its own business!

So why do they want to control and run it in that way?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mazzy50 wrote: »
    This is a quote from Sr Amaral, so I suppose that means to some it must be untrue.

Thanks Mazzy. regards the Amaral quote.:)
    Re the car boot.
  • Options
    Loz KernowLoz Kernow Posts: 2,185
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    On the subject of people who don't know things, I was thinking the other day how odd/unusual it is for a multi-million pound company to be run by people who know absolutely nothing about its business - in this case, purportedly, searching for a missing child.

On the board of directors we have medics, a retired teacher, a retired accountant, a retired consultant, a film producer, a lawyer and a salesman (oh wait...). Not a single board member with the remotest experience of abduction cases/missing person searches, knowledge of investigative procedures, the ability to evaluate and appoint a reputable and competent investigation agency, and so on.

I suppose it was inevitable, then, that there was a series of disastrous mistakes at board level, ending with the main backer telling the company that their PIs are useless, when he sees his money sluicing down the drain. It's like a supplier or customer telling a company how to run its own business!

So why do they want to control and run it in that way?

I think a 'systematic review' is required.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Loz Kernow wrote: »
    I think a 'systematic review' is required.

Indeed. Of many, many things.....;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Off topic for a moment (not that it matters!) but I was reading the Digital Spy Twitter thread in GD and wondered if any of you lovely lot are on Twitter for me to follow.

Hey, what the heck, you are all famous to me now! :D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    jassi wrote: »
    I think that it raises the question of whether the document should have been made public in the first place. No doubt the McCanns feel that about a lot of the released documents.

However, once placed in the public domain, knowledge of its content should not be suppressed.

In reality, the injunction has no pratical effect as the information is all over the internet and could easily appear in another paper not covered by the injunction.

But what if it stops future witnesses coming forward because they can't be protected from media intrusion? Even Mr Smith has had to resort to solicitors to protect himself.

I agree with the way the UK police work in that the files are kept private and not given out for public consumption.
  • Options
    Duke of EarlDuke of Earl Posts: 3,851
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I hope the dogs went two by two into the ark before it sailed majestically across the Garden of Eden, helmed by a dodgy looking foreigner travelling under the alias of Adam, but believed by authorities to actually be called Noah. ;)

Duarte: "I would like to refer the judge to the book of Genesis. This explains everything. Please don't waste time hearing what the other side has to say, just rule in favour of my clients. If it please, your honour."
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Off topic for a moment (not that it matters!) but I was reading the Digital Spy Twitter thread in GD and wondered if any of you lovely lot are on Twitter for me to follow.

Hey, what the heck, you are all famous to me now! :D

Well count me out Lizzy , I haven't got any of them.:cry:

And I daren't be typing on anything else, I told you last night , I was answering something on here , and said that, to the person on the phone,They thought I had gone mad.
    Told them I thought Kate had OCD.
    And they were phoning about business.:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Duarte: "I would like to refer the judge to the book of Genesis. This explains everything. Please don't waste time hearing what the other side has to say, just rule in favour of my clients. If it please, your honour."

Problem is I certainly have gone a bit barking.:cool:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    mazzy50 wrote: »

That's the only place I've seen it too. I wonder though if it had been referred to by the McCanns themselves, friends, family etc.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1252286/McCanns-criticise-heartbreaking-failure-police-Madeleine-launch-fresh-appeal-help.html

Interesting comments at the end. It appears as if they are at least letting people have their say.

I have sent one, whether it will get added on or not is another matter!

As an aside : Where you not always barking Chebby? :p:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    That's the only place I've seen it too. I wonder though if it had been referred to by the McCanns themselves, friends, family etc.

Well the quote does mention both a witness statement and explanations from family members. Are you suggesting it could only definitely be true if Kate or Gerry made direct reference to it?

I'm not sure I would expect K&G to mention it at all if they could avoid it. They have a bit of a history of side stepping and avoiding awkward subjects, haven't they?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1252286/McCanns-criticise-heartbreaking-failure-police-Madeleine-launch-fresh-appeal-help.html

Interesting comments at the end. It appears as if they are at least letting people have their say.

As an aside : Where you not always barking Chebby? :p
    :D

:D:D:D:D

Kate photographed by David Crump , somehow that made me laugh.
  • Options
    End-Em-AllEnd-Em-All Posts: 23,629
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But what if it stops future witnesses coming forward because they can't be protected from media intrusion? Even Mr Smith has had to resort to solicitors to protect himself.

I agree with the way the UK police work in that the files are kept private and not given out for public consumption.

Releasing the police files only seem to a problem with this particular case. Why? This is how it's been with the Portuguese system for years and it seems to have worked well.........until now that is!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    To add a little more background Frisky, this is transcript from the documentary:
    41.09 – Witness: "I drive down this street every day to turn my car around at that end, and every time that I passed the house, and I looked at the car, and the car always had an open boot door, day or night. I often passed at night, and always verified it. It was a fact, I reported it, and that was it."

41.33 – It's important to report the following: that lady, that lawyer, was never heard at the Polícia Judiciária because her deposition was not considered to be relevant, which is strange. While she was not heard, while a rogatory letter was sent to England, relatives of Gerald and Kate McCann came out to say that they had transported, inside this car boot, food from the supermarket, namely a meat package that leaked blood.

42.09 – The great question is how the family heard about the witness, despite the fact that she was not heard by the PJ, and tried to reply to the observed facts.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

As an aside : Where you not always barking Chebby? :p:D

It doesn't look like Clarence Mitchell's spin is fooling many people.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

You'll find confirmation in the rogatory interviews of both Sandy Cameron and Michael Wright.
This discussion has been closed.