Options

Prce increase BT are having a Laugh

2»

Comments

• Options
    BT SupportBT Support Posts: 459
    Forum Member
    Hi Silver Tractor,

That doesn't sound good at all, I am really sorry for the problems you've had and this definitely shouldn't have happened. Would you be able to email me your details at btcare@bt.com so I can follow this up and make sure it doesn't happen again?

I understand you want to move the services now but if there's anything I can help in the meantime, or if you want to change the package, let me know in your email. I'll be happy to help to help in any way I can.

Thanks,

Stephanie
    BT Support
  • Options
    warrior51warrior51 Posts: 551
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Interesting to read your comments SilverTractor, I had similar experience with BT and got rid of the arrogant lot of them .Of course when BT realise one means business and intend to close all accounts, they ring and can't do enough to try and rectify any problem, pity they cannot show the same response at all times. Its comical to read the BT support response to ensure it doesn't happen again. There is one thing BT always get right, manage to take the Direct Debit, but very very very slow to return any final refund, took 4 months.
  • Options
    Deleted_User381237831Deleted_User381237831 Posts: 7,902
    Forum Member
    BT are moving the evening call rate from 18:00 to 19:00 too.

There are many an alternative.

http://www.primussaver.co.uk/calls.html is one.

Keep BT for line rental, use Primus for calls - Pay Primus no monthly fee and you get evening and weekend calls, 3p/min daytimes - though you'd use the likes of Call 18185 who charge 5p per call. Also Primus Daytime doesn't start until 08:00.

http://www.primussaver.co.uk/uk_rates.html

Surely thats a typo? 21p/min weekends to Orange?!?!?
  • Options
    Phil SPhil S Posts: 1,777
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT are now crap because they got rid of all the good experienced engineers and service reps in the 90s and now employ second raters. All in the name of cutting costs for shareholders and competition.

They allowed 110,000 people voluntary redundancy but without properly understanding how they were going to run the business without that experience. That's one reason their pension deficit is so high.

Everybody thought it was great when Thatcher and Tebbit privatised BT and the telecom industry demonopolised but this is what you get when that happens.

It's not confined to BT either, plenty of people say the same about a dozen other companies that have been privatised and demonopolised.

On the point that you can only change your package on-line .. that BT rep was talking rubbish. I've done it on the phone.
  • Options
    HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    Phil S wrote: »
    On the point that you can only change your package on-line .. that BT rep was talking rubbish. I've done it on the phone.
    And that is exactly the problem - BT staff who can't be arsed to do their job properly and, instead, make up 'the rules' as they go along so they don't have to do anything.
  • Options
    noise747noise747 Posts: 30,956
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I didn't get her name. I was too shocked at her attitude to do that.

I tried to point out that my parents are both 88 years old and do not have a computer. She replied that many people of that age do use the internet so "it's not BT's problem"!

No doubt many people of that age do have a computer, but I bet more don't than do and that is not the point anyway, it is BT problem.

I also tried to ask if the "free 3 month" offer was internet only and she said "well of course it is!"

What a lovely company BT is!!!!!!!

Makes me wonder why I bothered to come to BT, no wonder I am looking around.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    John Dough wrote: »
    The change to the evening period is very sly and will catch out many people. It was 6pm-8am not so long ago so why not leave it at the current 12 hour slot?:confused:
    I'm interested in 02 for home phone provision as they already provide my broadband and are reliable and efficient. I'm currently tied to a 12 month contract with BT for calls until September (and I'm not prepared to pay a penalty for ending it early) but will definitely look at the alternatives when that expires.:rolleyes:

apparently you can cancel your BT contract early due to this change.... as another poser has pointed out.

might be worth giving them a call and mention you saw it on the one show!
  • Options
    Silver TractorSilver Tractor Posts: 2,042
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BT Support wrote: »
    Hi Silver Tractor,

That doesn't sound good at all, I am really sorry for the problems you've had and this definitely shouldn't have happened. Would you be able to email me your details at btcare@bt.com so I can follow this up and make sure it doesn't happen again?

I understand you want to move the services now but if there's anything I can help in the meantime, or if you want to change the package, let me know in your email. I'll be happy to help to help in any way I can.

Thanks,

Stephanie
    BT Support

Hi Stephanie

I have replied to your message.

The switch away from BT has now happened, but I appreciate your interest and concern anyway.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 217
    Forum Member
    I agree my rolling contract was due to run out on the 20th feb so I ran up a few days before to cancel it. Since the 20th was a Saturday they would cancel it on the Thursday. Got the bill 80p for cancelling before the date, They really are taking the p**s.Spose if had done it after would have to have gone for another year. Going to O2 now.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,316
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    tvlooker wrote: »
    Since the 20th was a Saturday they would cancel it on the Thursday. Got the bill 80p for cancelling before the date

If corrrect then I think that's worth wider publicity. I'd fire it off to as many newspaper comment forums and letters pages as poss.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 75
    Forum Member
    just found a very funny clip on youtube, I wont post the link because the language is a bit strong ... you can find it if you search google for "angry bt customer"
  • Options
    Katia PolletinKatia Polletin Posts: 4,094
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://www.primussaver.co.uk/uk_rates.html

Surely thats a typo? 21p/min weekends to Orange?!?!?

Yeah, should be 8p with the rest, other than 3.

Call 1899 is 6p/min to all UK mobile networks including 3 at weekends.

Some family members use BT for line rental, and Primus with 1899 and 18185.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    Hi
    I too received the normal email from BT about the change in the evening call plan. I complained to BT about this and received the usual bland reply. I have 3 months left of my BT broadband contract. They said if I move to another supplier I would have to pay for the remainder of my contract. I pressed on with my complaint and asked to take it to the regulator (Ofcom). BT now told me that they would allow me to cancel my contract early at no cost and no termination fee on my landline. I have now moved to Talk Talk.

ney wrote: »
    I got the email from BT the day about the price increase.
    BT changing the evenings to start at 7pm seems a bit crap.
    I use broadband talk to make most of my free evening and weekend calls.
    The price increase by BT seem a little crap. Yet they tell you they are always looking at passing the savings on to there customers.
    I can see why my sisters moving everything over to the post office when her BT broadband option 1 contract ends this month.
    I have been with BT for 4 years now for there broadband and the now I get £5 of a month from there bt total option 2 and I have so far been 98% happy with there servive.
    Im maybe thinking myself due the the price increase of there call charges moving all over to the post office as well when my BT contract is up come the BT bill in july.
    I will at first miss the extra phoneline that BT talk offers but think I would save £4 or £5 a month with the post office.
    If the post office had offered phone/broadband just over 4 years ago when I was moving from a Tiscali dial up package I may have went with the post office then and not BT.

Darren
  • Options
    HeinzHeinz Posts: 7,210
    Forum Member
    Out of the frying pan ..............
  • Options
    neyney Posts: 12,516
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    just said on the one show as BT has changed there terms of conditions you free to go else where

Dose this mean I could just leave BT if I wanted to or do I still have to wait till july when my BT broadband contract is up and then think about what my options are then. Im the now paying for BT Total option 2 at the same price as option 1 a month and pay £5 a week towards the bill with the BT payment card for the phone and broadband. So when the BT bill comes in 60% or 70% of it is already payed for.
    I dont see why BT dont offer broadband and phone service in one price package like the Post Office and others do.

Darren
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davy31 wrote: »
    Hi
    I too received the normal email from BT about the change in the evening call plan. I complained to BT about this and received the usual bland reply. I have 3 months left of my BT broadband contract. They said if I move to another supplier I would have to pay for the remainder of my contract. I pressed on with my complaint and asked to take it to the regulator (Ofcom). BT now told me that they would allow me to cancel my contract early at no cost and no termination fee on my landline. I have now moved to Talk Talk.

Good luck, you Bt is bad, Talk Talk is worse.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ney wrote: »
    Dose this mean I could just leave BT if I wanted to or do I still have to wait till july when my BT broadband contract is up and then think about what my options are then. Im the now paying for BT Total option 2 at the same price as option 1 a month and pay £5 a week towards the bill with the BT payment card for the phone and broadband. So when the BT bill comes in 60% or 70% of it is already payed for.
    I dont see why BT dont offer broadband and phone service in one price package like the Post Office and others do.

Darren

Bt said I would have to pay the remainder of my 3 months contract. I said that they had changed my contract and I was worse off by this (6pm to 7pm). I pushed on with my complaint even wanting to take it to Ofcom. I received a call from the manager of the complaints dept and he said that I could end my contract with no costs early.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    noise747 wrote: »
    Good luck, you Bt is bad, Talk Talk is worse.

Well so far so good, the move to talktalk went smoothly and no problems. Good customer service so far also, hope this continues ok. The free local calls are a god send.
  • Options
    SkipTracerSkipTracer Posts: 2,959
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    TalkTalk have announced that from the 1st June 2010 they will be joining the BT way of thinking and changing their off-peak times from 6.00pm to 7.00pm.

After all, it is what customers ask for.:rolleyes:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Davy31 wrote: »
    Well so far so good, the move to talktalk went smoothly and no problems. Good customer service so far also, hope this continues ok. The free local calls are a god send.

I hope it stays like it, of cause customer service is fine, because nothing have gone wrong. when/if it does go wrong, then you have problems.,

it seems people who are pretty close to the exchange get a decent service with Talk Talk, well most anyway, if you are a bit of a distance then Talk Talk is useless.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SkipTracer wrote: »
    TalkTalk have announced that from the 1st June 2010 they will be joining the BT way of thinking and changing their off-peak times from 6.00pm to 7.00pm.

After all, it is what customers ask for.:rolleyes:

It all a means to force people onto another package, with Bt they are trying to force people onto their anytime package.

it is not going to work this way, i rather go and get A vonage package and use that, maybe a bit more money, but it will stop Bt having any extra from me.