Options

Gave birth 3 months ago,just found out im 7 months pregnant

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 84
Forum Member
Hello, i just wanted some advice as im still in abit of shock and if this has happened to anyone else what did you do?

Basically i gave birth 3 months ago, my daughter was born 2 months premature at 31 weeks gestation. She had jejunal atresia and intestional stenosis, also malrotation of the bowel and large intestine. she spent 2 months in hospital and is now at home making a full recovery and is healthy 6 pounds in weight. About a week after i gave birth i felt some moving in my stomach but as this was my first child i asumed it was my womb shrinking back to normal size. over the past 3 months i have been feeling niggles but as ive had so much to deal with my daughter i didnt take any notice. Last week my mother in law made me take a pregnancy test as she 'had a feeling' i was pregnant again. Dreading the test i took it and it was positive, i thought at the most i would be about 1 month pregnant. So i went to the doctors and thats when she confirmed by feeling my stomach that i was indeed 7 MONTHS pregnant, as i have 2 wombs and i concieved while i was pregnant with my daughter. I feel very angry as i had a scan 2 days before i gave birth and they never picked up anything. Im just feeling very low now as i only wanted one child. and to think im going to have another one in 2 months is a huge shock to me. Has anyone else had this? how did you cope?

Thanks, sorry for the long post!

Comments

• Options
    RussellIanRussellIan Posts: 12,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well, your boss isn't going to be too happy!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    RussellIan wrote: »
    Well, your boss isn't going to be too happy!

So you are going to have two children, five months apart, if you go to full term this time? Well, you will certainly be in all the papers I would think!

Maybe I have lost something in the explanation, but did you not sit your driving test when you were full term, just a few months ago?
  • Options
    Jaymitch1Jaymitch1 Posts: 6,426
    Forum Member
    Doofer wrote: »
    So you are going to have two children, five months apart, if you go to full term this time? Well, you will certainly be in all the papers I would think!

i was going to say, this is tabloid stuff!
  • Options
    Tweacle Tart IITweacle Tart II Posts: 5,079
    Forum Member
    :eek:

I can't wait to see how this thread pans out ;) but I don't think there will be too much advice from people in the same position.
  • Options
    Judge MentalJudge Mental Posts: 18,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm dubious that this is for real but on the offchance it is then you are going to have to cope in the same way really that mothers of twins do - and make use of whatever support is out there for multiple births.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    lol i had my driving test booked for the tuesday, and was worrying as my stomach was so large i couldnt reach the pedals, i wasnt full term i was 7 months, luckily i cancelled as i gave birth 2 days before my test!!
  • Options
    clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    Not surprised you are in shock. It does seem quite surprising that nobody noticed you had 2 wombs... and reading a few stories on google it seems that this condition reduces the chances of conceiving so getting pregnant in both definitely sounds like a rarity. I am not one for usually advocating complaints against the NHS but I think it sounds on the face of it that you could have grounds- had they known about your condition they should have monitored your pregnancy far more closely.
    I am not a medical expert I;m judging from this story
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1199831/Woman-wombs-gives-birth-million-baby-girl.html obviously I do not know all the details of your story.
    Finally congratulations.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    The doctor told me its called superfetation, and is more righer risk with me as i have a duplicated reproduction system. I know people will be dubious, i was at first i didnt believe it. Just cant believe they didnt pick it up on the scans and heart beat monitors i feel like making a complaint to PALS
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 720
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    are you annoyed the doctor's did not notice this pregnancy then, rather than as some posters think that they did not notice the dual wombs? i know from your posts last year you knew you had the two wombs and could be extra fertile.

However, are you concerned that they did not check you for dual pregnany?

What are the docs saying about it all?

I have to say I have never heard of such a thing. However, I would be tempted to give Max Clifford a call, and see if, with his help, you could make a little cash to help out.
  • Options
    Judge MentalJudge Mental Posts: 18,593
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    You could sell your story to the media and make some money to help you with some help for the first few months -and to pay for all the duplicate baby gear you will need.

I have heard of this condition - and sorry for my scepticism but you do got a lot of WUM's on here.

I wouldn't waste your energy complaining - I'd save it for preparing yourself for what's to come!
  • Options
    HampshireHannahHampshireHannah Posts: 1,088
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    gazjess wrote: »
    lol i had my driving test booked for the tuesday, and was worrying as my stomach was so large i couldnt reach the pedals, i wasnt full term i was 7 months, luckily i cancelled as i gave birth 2 days before my test!!

In your OP you said you gave birth 3 months ago and your baby was 2 months premature. That means you gave birth at the end of November and the baby was due at the end of January. In your driving test thread you said the baby was due on December 2nd. Something isn't adding up here.

EDIT: You also said in that thread that you were 37 weeks pregnant, and in the first post of this thread you claim you gave birth at 31 weeks.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40,102
    Forum Member
    I love DS, haha.
  • Options
    clarriboclarribo Posts: 6,258
    Forum Member
    The doctor told me its called superfetation, and is more righer risk with me as i have a duplicated reproduction system. I know people will be dubious, i was at first i didnt believe it. Just cant believe they didnt pick it up on the scans and heart beat monitors i feel like making a complaint to PALS

Superfetation is the term for being pregnant when already preganant and can (very rarely) occur in women with only one uterus. The medical term for having 2 wombs is called uterus didelphys.
  • Options
    tvqueen1905tvqueen1905 Posts: 82,843
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    clarribo wrote: »
    Superfetation is the term for being pregnant when already preganant and can (very rarely) occur in women with only one uterus. The medical term for having 2 wombs is called uterus didelphys.

but surely with on e uterous if pregnant twice and you went into labour with the first baby then both would have to be born at the same time
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I love DS, haha.

Likewise! :D

This one's set to run and run!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ok, just to clarify my first pregnancy, i had alot of problems during the pregnancy, and namely being with the due date of her. At first they told me that my due date was the 2nd of november, then they told me my due date was the 2nd of january, the reason why they couldnt tell this properly was for 2 reasons, 1 because the scans found it difficult to see the baby properly due to my extra organs, and secondly because i have 4 sets of ovaries i would on average menstruate twice a month so they couldnt tell from which date i concieved, i was furios at my midwife for not giving me the proper care i needed, and it was only after i gave birth that they actaully told me i was about 31-32 weeks gestation due to her size which was 3lbs. I knew since i was 13 that i had an extra womb ect, so thats not the concern, i just find it difficult to belive that they didnt pick up on 2 heartbeats at some stage.
  • Options
    MootleMootle Posts: 35,232
    Forum Member
    It is also possible to have 2 wombs and one cervix.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    im not sure, i have two.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,815
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you knew you had two wombs, did you not think to practise safe sex whilst pregnant?
  • Options
    humdrummerhumdrummer Posts: 4,487
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The two heart beats thing could have been easily missed. All the midwife would do is look for a heart beating at a rate that differentiates to your own. Picking up one baby heart beat - was all she needed to do - for one baby.

There may have been times where you were listening to one or the other but the midwife wasn't to know that and can't tell just by ear.

All I can say, is like a poster said above - it will be like having twins. You will need to prepare military style and recruit all the help you can get.

Congrats btw.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,735
    Forum Member
    I have 2 noses and can smell BS.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 22,736
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I have 2 noses and can smell BS.

ROFL:D:D:D:D

Do you have four nostrils?
  • Options
    2shy20072shy2007 Posts: 52,579
    Forum Member
    Thats nothing I have 4 wombs and 7 breasts :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,625
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    i just find it difficult to belive that they didnt pick up on 2 heartbeats at some stage.

I gave birth to twins, only expecting one baby.
    During pregnancy I was in hospital for about 6 weeks (not in one go, but a week here a week there and so on). I had 2 scans, I had the measurements of THE baby, everything was hunky-dory. Then went into labour, gave birth to THE baby,(6lb) and all hell broke loose in the delivery room. The second baby was born 7 minutes later (6lb 14oz). Nobody every cottoned on that I was carrying twins, after the scans, all the examination, all the sickness, backache, sometimes even feeling paralysed in my legs, 47inch boobs and 46 inch belly. Everybody was gobsmacked, especially with the weight of them 2.
  • Options
    XassyXassy Posts: 9,365
    Forum Member
    Can they confirm how far along you are just by feeling?