Forum Member
✭✭

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gosh - what a bit of goss, eh?

I didn't know he and his wife had split till I saw this here!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,676
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SheShe wrote: »
    Gosh - what a bit of goss, eh?

I didn't know he and his wife had split till I saw this here!

Neither did I!!:eek: I must say that I am surprised as I thought Chris and his wife would be one of the 'showbiz' marriages to survive. As the old saying goes 'there is no smoke without fire' but I find the Karen/Chris thing hard to believe.
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,753
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd heard rumours about his marriage being in trouble a while ago, I suppose the distance didn't help and her apparent refusal to move to the UK. Very suprised if he's having an affair with Karen. I wouldn't have put them together at all:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,017
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd heard rumours about his marriage being in trouble a while ago, I suppose the distance didn't help and her apparent refusal to move to the UK. Very suprised if he's having an affair with Karen. I wouldn't have put them together at all:eek:

Me neither. I had heard that Karen's marriage was very strong. Chris much have been under huge pressure, spending so much time in the UK. Shame.
  • Options
    conchieconchie Posts: 14,052
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SheShe wrote: »
    Me neither. I had heard that Karen's marriage was very strong. Chris much have been under huge pressure, spending so much time in the UK. Shame.

I wouldn't believe it about Karen either. She seems a very mothering sort, who would be a very good friend in a situation like this. She has probably proven to be a great shoulder to cry on and to talk to.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 23
    Forum Member
    That article by The People is unbelievable.
    Is the writer a wannabe private detective or something?
    It certainly will save Karen's hubby having to pay for one!

Karen and Chris go back a long long way and it's a shame a sleazy article has to be written like this in preference to one suggesting she is being supportive.
    Karen's husband is away up north training, Chris is by himself, is it really that odd that 2 friends should decide to spend time together?

If Chris had a male friend staying, would The People be strongly suggesting that he was now "batting for the other side"?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member

Karen and Chris go back a long long way and it's a shame a sleazy article has to be written like this in preference to one suggesting she is being supportive.
    Karen's husband is away up north training, Chris is by himself, is it really that odd that 2 friends should decide to spend time together?

If Chris had a male friend staying, would The People be strongly suggesting that he was now "batting for the other side"?

Well said Lottie. I can't believe some comments here are talking like this is FACT. It isn't just rumour which has been denied by their spokes person. When my best mate split from his wife I spent 2 weeks living with him therss nothing wrong or strange in that.:(
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lilsaz wrote: »
    Well said Lottie. I can't believe some comments here are talking like this is FACT. It isn't just rumour which has been denied by their spokes person. When my best mate split from his wife I spent 2 weeks living with him therss nothing wrong or strange in that.:(

Where has it been denied? The article says they have refused to comment.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    I read that the article said ITV/spokesperson refused to comment, not Christopher Dean or Karen Barber - in other words someone with a bit of credibility refused to indulge in idle speculation or create hearsay about someone else.
  • Options
    TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The writer of the People article Laura Armstrong contacted my friend and I way back in Jan after we set up a fan group for Dan and Hayley, she was trying to get us to disclose any info we had about them good or bad, obviously we chose to totally ignore her as we were suspicious although she never mentioned she was a reporter, gut instinct told us something was amiss, also had another person contact us who said she was from a paper offering us money to dish out any gossip we had about Dan or Hayley, ignored her too as would never do anything like that to Dan no matter what we know about him.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good for you Tracey :)
    I think reporters who are after that sort of information must have very thick skins to be able to sleep at night. It's a pity people's private lives can't stay just as that.
  • Options
    lulu glulu g Posts: 52,651
    Forum Member

Almost certainly.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 81
    Forum Member
    it's a well know fact that reporters try and recruit stalkers to dish "information" when in fact all they can offer is gossip and bits of personal information probably found in the bins they rummage through
  • Options
    SliverOfDiamondSliverOfDiamond Posts: 1,465
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

This.

That reporter's behaviour is extremely creepy, staking out her flat, making notes on times of her arrival and leaving. It's sick voyeurism, and really nasty.

This is why we need some sort of privacy law, the media do not seem to be able to set their own limits on what is and in this case what is NOT news.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 266
    Forum Member
    Where has it been denied? The article says they have refused to comment.

The Mirror said it first, followed by STV saying Chris's spokes person has denied a romance/affair
  • Options
    pognog2pognog2 Posts: 897
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Karen goes home during the week she trains with Stephen and the northen based dancers - makes a change from Chris/Jayne I suppose :rolleyes:
  • Options
    lach doch mallach doch mal Posts: 16,328
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    This.

That reporter's behaviour is extremely creepy, staking out her flat, making notes on times of her arrival and leaving. It's sick voyeurism, and really nasty.

This is why we need some sort of privacy law, the media do not seem to be able to set their own limits on what is and in this case what is NOT news.

Well I agree with this. Extremely creepy, don't know if they have an affair or whatever, but the paparazzi are really disgusting. It explains however, why Chris was in a worse mood this series.
  • Options
    asp746asp746 Posts: 7,286
    Forum Member
    it's really stalkerish but i suppose it can be used to back up the 'theories' think the karen/chris partnership is way wide of the mark. talk about kicking people when they're down:mad:
  • Options
    TraceyUKTraceyUK Posts: 2,382
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    pognog2 wrote: »
    Karen goes home during the week she trains with Stephen and the northen based dancers - makes a change from Chris/Jayne I suppose :rolleyes:

I dont think Karen has been with the Northern guys as much this year its mostly been Stephen on the training clips.
    Theres been so many couples that think she's been south most of the time.

Personally dont believe any of this though.
  • Options
    rebecca87rebecca87 Posts: 12,227
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Damn, that's sad that he and Jill split up. I was watching an old documentary just yesterday and they were adorable together.

The Karen stuff is just rubbish. He's going through a rough time and she's being supportive, just like any friend of 20+ years would be.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,984
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There was speculation that he had split up from his wife last year because he wasn't wearing his wedding ring, someone has obviously tipped off the gutter press so they can stalk them....red top reporters are the lowest form of life!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 154
    Forum Member
    This.

It is quite frightening the lengths some people will go to. There are reports in the newspapers today that Maria is being stalked. And one of the male professionals has had some nutter walking up and down outside his parents house, as well as being hounded at his training rink when he's in the area. Quite unacceptable behaviour
  • Options
    Forum Member
    If I was Karen/Chris, I'd keep a copy of that news report as it's stepped way over the mark regarding stalking and harassment IMO.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    number six wrote: »
    There was speculation that he had split up from his wife last year because he wasn't wearing his wedding ring, someone has obviously tipped off the gutter press so they can stalk them....red top reporters are the lowest form of life!

Yeah. There must have been a tip off, how else would they have even found out about them hanging out together? Its not something you'd assume really is it?

I have to say though The People has used these kind of stalker like tactics before to catch people out. Its a little creepy to say the least.