Options

BBC2 - Lambing Live

currykevcurrykev Posts: 1,577
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Is it me or are they really scraping the barrel.
I bet 50p that Ms Kate Humble will be wearing her favourite pair of jeans in all episodes.
I have this vision of her "walk in" wardrobe containing nothing but 2000 pairs of Levis.

Tonight I shall mainly be eating a nice leg joint of.....???? ;)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    been looking forward to this for weeks, about to log off grab a cuppa and enjoy !
  • Options
    Gareth56Gareth56 Posts: 2,856
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    There's the BBC threatening to close 2 radio stations and they go and put this garbage on for 5 nights.

The BBC's needs to re-examine its priorities.
  • Options
    miss buzzybeemiss buzzybee Posts: 16,496
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Wow BBC's all action tv!! :eek:

There is 5 episodes of this and it's in HD!!!! wtf
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gareth56 wrote: »
    There's the BBC threatening to close 2 radio stations and they go and put this garbage on for 5 nights.

The BBC's needs to re-examine its priorities.

Excited to see this but over five nights is going way overboard :eek:
  • Options
    currykevcurrykev Posts: 1,577
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    But the Beeb have excelled themselves in the wardrobe department.
    Kate's wearing Bill Oddie's old green trousers, by the look of the fit. :confused:
  • Options
    occyoccy Posts: 65,920
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    YAWN.............................................:sleep:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    How do you choose an handsome ram. HELP!!!!!! The BBC at it's best.:o:rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Awww..... loads of lovely lambs to go all gooey over!!!!
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Anything involving Kate Humble is an instant turn off for me.
    She's a favourite of the "BBC suits" as she has the most important quality required as a female presenter. "A face for television."
    She's been described in trailers as "an expert diver" and wait for it, in the credits of a documentary as "the naturalist."
    She belongs with Matt Baker on Blue Peter.
  • Options
    iaindbiaindb Posts: 13,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm a big fan of Springwatch and Autumnwatch, but I have no enthusiasm for this series.

Although Countryfile, something else I don't watch, gets 6 million viewers so there's clearly an audience for this sort of thing.
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think grass growing, and paint drying are being planned for next month. FFS I keep chickens, do I need a camera crew here each time big Marj pops one out!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC must be paying a fortune to this farm in Wales. U bet other farmers wish the BBC would send in there teams to do this? A sleepy sheep... How can sheep sleep with all those lights on in the barns..:eek:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00pxqv3
  • Options
    SystemSystem Posts: 2,096,970
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    She belongs with Matt Baker on Blue Peter.

Does anyone else starting singing Ma Ma Ma Matt Baker each time his name is mentioned? No just me then:D:o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'am so thrilled. Just seen a lamb being born......Nice with mint sauce...:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The BBC trust must be braveing themselves with complaints. Wasting TV licence fee on this, garbage.
  • Options
    SpotSpot Posts: 25,136
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Why is everyone so negative about this?

Probably not destined to be an all time classic, but perfectly watchable and as has already been said, it'll get a good audience. And you never saw Kate Humble groping testicles on Springwatch! :D
  • Options
    SentenzaSentenza Posts: 12,114
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Get the mint sauce ready
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,486
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spot wrote: »
    And you never saw Kate Humble groping testicles on Springwatch! :D
    Good point! :D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,143
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, I've enjoyed it. Not something I would usually watch but it's sunday and nothing else on. I'll probrably watch it in the week but it's one of them programmes that fall into the category of 'Nothing else better on' for me. Not great but still enjoyable.

Seeing the gentian violet took me back to being a kid, my mother used to own horses and that stuff was great for infections and minor cuts they may get. Don't wanna get it on your clothing though lol.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can not really believe how much lightening equipment is in the shed where all the sheep are. This must be costing a hell a lot of time and money.
  • Options
    silentNatesilentNate Posts: 84,079
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It was pretty well done, I'll be tuning in again despite Kate Humble's piss poor presentation ;)
  • Options
    RuthStarRuthStar Posts: 5,729
    Forum Member
    Hasn't it got Adam of "Adam's Farm" fame on it? If it has i might Sky+ just to see him, he should have show of his own, hes great.
  • Options
    henderson211159henderson211159 Posts: 65
    Forum Member
    Interesting features, bit like Countryfile in places, which I enjoy. Farmer Adam is good, and it's fascinating to learn about the economics of farming. Kate H might be a looker, but she's also nutty! On the other hand the farmer's wife tonight would make a good presenter - clear, calm, articulate, good looking - be surprised if she doesn't get media work in the future.
  • Options
    Doghouse RileyDoghouse Riley Posts: 32,491
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Spot wrote: »
    Why is everyone so negative about this? ///

Because it's like an extension of the "new style" Countryfile.
    There's a place for this sort of programme, but it isn't "prime time" or BBC2.

"In the good old days" when the BBC had a bit more kudos, it wouldn't have been on where and when it was.
  • Options
    matrixladmatrixlad Posts: 580
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I liked her comment "if you were a girl it would be a brazzlian!"