Options

Why are Gail's family called "the Platts"??

princesarock12princesarock12 Posts: 1,594
Forum Member
✭✭✭
In every reference to Gail, Audrey, David and Nick, people call them the Platts. Why...?:confused:

Audrey is Audrey Roberts
Nick is Nick Tilsey
Gail is Gail McIntyre
And yes, David is the only Platt...so why do they go by his name????

PS: Yes, you can try and be smart and tell me that Gail's maiden name is Platt, but she's been married so many times she's hardly ever had chance to use it!

Edit: Oh yeah and now I've found out that Gail's maiden name isn't even Platt - which makes it more bizarre!!

Comments

• Options
    deano0501deano0501 Posts: 1,365
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gail's maiden name was Potter.

Sarah also uses Platt I believe.
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because Gail was known as Gail Platt for years. David and Sarah also have the name, as does Bethany (I think).
  • Options
    MarkjukMarkjuk Posts: 30,437
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I thought they were called the PRatt famile :D
  • Options
    FlukieFlukie Posts: 40,578
    Forum Member
    Probably just because Platt was the one name they all - Gail, Nicky, Demon, Sarah, Bethany, and of course Martin - shared, when Martin adopted Sarah and got Demon's name changed to Platt (cos he was known as David Tilsley when he was born - much to Ivy's disgust! - cos Gail was a Tilsley then).

They were known as The Platts for years so obviously it's just stuck and after all, it's only Gail who keeps changing her name! lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 382
    Forum Member
    Gail has been Gail platt since 1991 and only recently changed her name to MacIntyre earlier this year.

David Platt's father is Martin Platt who legally adopted both Nick and Sarah-Louise. Nick later decided to change his name back to Tilsley.

Also Sarah's daughter Bethany had the name Platt.
  • Options
    Lorri LouLorri Lou Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gail has been Gail platt since 1991 and only recently changed her name to MacIntyre earlier this year.

David Platt's father is Martin Platt who legally adopted both Nick and Sarah-Louise. Nick later decided to change his name back to Tilsley.

Well, she was Gail Hillman for a while in between, but after Richard Hillman turned out to be a psychotic murderer who drove the whole family into the river she decided being a Platt wasn't so bad after all and changed back.....:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 10,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It's a typo.:)
  • Options
    M. TouretteM. Tourette Posts: 6,967
    Forum Member
    I keep calling her Gail Tilsey!

Never hear much reference to McIntyre, but I do hear Pratt ... er Platt mentioned quite a bit.
  • Options
    molybecksmolybecks Posts: 14,553
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Should be 'The Twatts'.
  • Options
    TuvokTuvok Posts: 1,149
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Nick was originally Nicky Tilsley. Martin then adopted them. Then Ivy died and stipulated in her will that Nicky would get her money if he changed his name back to Tilsley.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Tuvok wrote: »
    Nick was originally Nicky Tilsley. Martin then adopted them. Then Ivy died and stipulated in her will that Nicky would get her money if he changed his name back to Tilsley.

Was it Ivy or her inflated lips that stipulated about the will? :D:D
  • Options
    I <3 TweetyI <3 Tweety Posts: 8,286
    Forum Member
    IDK, it just sounds right lol
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    unfortunatley corrie producers couldn't call them the Pratts even though they knew what was in store for them.
    so then they thought I know let's take on the R and put in an L instead.
    so now they're the Platts.
    but when they were producing this family they was originally intending to call them the Pratts.
    you're very welcome I hoped this helped you out a lot :)

Source: My very tiny brain :D
  • Options
    SULLASULLA Posts: 149,789
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Speaks for itself:o
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 696
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SULLA wrote: »
    Speaks for itself:o

hahaha.
    it indeed does :D
  • Options
    Alex250PAlex250P Posts: 1,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Because they were all called the Platt's for a time. Martin and Gail Platt (even when they were divorced) then Nick Platt (who changed his name back to Tilsley in order to inherit Ivy's house) Sarah Platt, David Platt and Bethany Platt and even Billy Platt.
  • Options
    ayrshire lassayrshire lass Posts: 4,054
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other week Kelly was talking about Gail, and she referred to her as Gail McIntyre, I mean, would Kelly even know Gail,s new name, realistically she would just have said Gail Platt when she was talking about her. She was always called Platt, even after she,d been married to Hillman, so will she go back to Platt again, I wonder? Either that or the family will have 3 different names. Who cares, anyway:)
  • Options
    David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The other week Kelly was talking about Gail, and she referred to her as Gail McIntyre, I mean, would Kelly even know Gail,s new name, realistically she would just have said Gail Platt when she was talking about her. She was always called Platt, even after she,d been married to Hillman, so will she go back to Platt again, I wonder? Either that or the family will have 3 different names. Who cares, anyway:)

Lol none of them will have the same name actually

Gail McIntyre
    David Platt
    Nick Tilsley
    Sarah Grimshaw
    Audrey Roberts

Except possibly Bethany and Martin if you count him.

David
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lol none of them will have the same name actually

Gail McIntyre
    David Platt
    Nick Tilsley
    Sarah Grimshaw
    Audrey Roberts

Except possibly Bethany and Martin if you count him.

David

These are all the surnames that the family have had so far.

Audrey Potter - Roberts
    Gail Potter - Tilsley - Platt - McIntyre
    David Platt
    Nick Tilsley - Platt - Tilsley
    Sarah Tilsley - Platt - Grimshaw

Platt seems to be the greater number otherwise they might still be called the Tilsleys
  • Options
    Lorri LouLorri Lou Posts: 1,310
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    And Gail hillman
  • Options
    Dr K NoisewaterDr K Noisewater Posts: 11,603
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    For obvious reasons Gail changed her name from Hillman back to Platt and now thats she's married again she's Gail McIntyre. Theres nothing strange about that. And collectively they would be the Platts as thats Davids surname, Gail's name for many years and Nick's previous surname as well. So it makes more sense than it would calling them the McIntyre/Platt/Tilsey family.

What is strange is when Liz married Vernon she kept the name McDonald :confused: who gets married and keeps their ex-husbands surname.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Lorri Lou wrote: »
    And Gail hillman

Ooh sorry I can't change it now to include Hillman
  • Options
    Forum Member
    For obvious reasons Gail changed her name from Hillman back to Platt and now thats she's married again she's Gail McIntyre. Theres nothing strange about that. And collectively they would be the Platts as thats Davids surname, Gail's name for many years and Nick's previous surname as well. So it makes more sense than it would calling them the McIntyre/Platt/Tilsey family.

What is strange is when Liz married Vernon she kept the name McDonald :confused: who gets married and keeps their ex-husbands surname.

Ooh but Vermin was a really bad move anyway on Liz's behalf
  • Options
    Beautiful_HarvBeautiful_Harv Posts: 9,144
    Forum Member
    Ooh but Vermin was a really bad move anyway on Liz's behalf

aw, i liked vernon :(
  • Options
    David the WavidDavid the Wavid Posts: 2,320
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    These are all the surnames that the family have had so far.

Audrey Potter - Roberts
    Gail Potter - Tilsley - Platt - McIntyre
    David Platt
    Nick Tilsley - Platt - Tilsley
    Sarah Tilsley - Platt - Grimshaw

Platt seems to be the greater number otherwise they might still be called the Tilsleys

David was a Tilsley until a while after Gail and Martin's wedding too.