Options

Election news taking over programming!

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,014
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nice to see how much democratic respect us Brits still have for each other's thoughts and opinions. :rolleyes:

I stated the facts. Simple
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Some people that dont have freeview or sky will want to watch what is going on with government.. if the BBC didnt show it then they wouldnt see history happening live. They can show Eastenders and Holby etc and other programmes not shown at another time.
  • Options
    The quizmasterThe quizmaster Posts: 93,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the importance of it? who cares? they all tell us what to do. Why should we give our night up for the likes of them?
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member
    cleocat wrote: »
    Some people are so shallow! It's only an entertainment programme. This is history in the making.

Not everyone has digital tv, my in laws on the south coast have to wait till 2012 for freeview.

I remember when diana died and news was on all day, I was only young and was so annoyed that the eastenders was cancelled. But I have grown up and understand the importance of news!

This is not history in the making - this happens every time a prime minister changes ( 11 times for this particular monarch ). I dont mind news interupting programming if there something to say but this is watching cars and buildings - its padding not news.
  • Options
    BirthdayGirlBirthdayGirl Posts: 64,313
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cant they stick all this stuff on BBC2 so we can watch EE and Holby?
  • Options
    mal2poolmal2pool Posts: 5,690
    Forum Member
    I've been recording bbc1 since 7.30 incase eastenders comes on for my mum. Seems i#ve taped loads of waffle....
  • Options
    richie4evarichie4eva Posts: 218,417
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Breaking news on DS front page

"Terrestrial programming abandoned for election coverage'
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    pipkin wrote: »
    Its an historic event whatever your political persuasion, and its right that the BBC broadcasts it on its main channel, whats going on tonight affects every last one of us, Its not the end of the world that Eastenders is going to be on late.God help you in a few weeks when the World Cup starts :eek::D

+1
    Maybe Mrs Chaffinch will go make dinner for a change now EE isn't on! :D
  • Options
    The quizmasterThe quizmaster Posts: 93,359
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Politics is the most mundane topic to watch and talk about.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Politics is the most mundane topic to watch and talk about.

Most of the coverage since 5 has just been pure waffle!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    DS2006 wrote: »
    Yes but not everybody has Freeview, or sky etc.. So as a channel paid for by the tv licence payer they have to show it on BBC Terrestrial

Quite frankly its tough luck, ever heard of the digital switch-over? without being too rude I think you should 'get with the programme'

In total about for 10mins of a 2 hour programme we actually saw the new PM and heard him speak, the rest of it was cars and buildings and David Dimbely whittling on about kissing the queens hand...:mad:
  • Options
    tfisher2010tfisher2010 Posts: 113
    Forum Member
    Quite frankly its tough luck, ever heard of the digital switch-over? without being too rude I think you should 'get with the programme'

I tend to agree... as said above, In this age of news on demand, there is no need for a hijack of a major TV channel to broadcast sponge, foam and padding.

As I type this, the election programme is finishing.. wonder if Dimble has been on DS? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    Jo09Jo09 Posts: 3,852
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Truth is, we pay for this and we're not happy. There are so many alternatives it's disappointing they used none for the usual programs (red button, bbc2, bbc3...). What did the viewers get:- close to 1.5 hours of politicians talking speculatively, five mins of a car being driven and a 2 min speech. hardly seems worth it imo!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Panic over eastenders will now be shown tomorrow!
  • Options
    AdsAds Posts: 37,183
    Forum Member
    I guess important political events are too complex to understand for most of the chavs throwing a strop about missing their dose of Eastenders and Holby tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 492
    Forum Member
    cleocat wrote: »
    Panic over eastenders will now be shown tomorrow!

It's also on BBC3 @ 10PM Tonight.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,259
    Forum Member
    I think the announcement of new government is slightly more important than Eastenders. It's tomorrow anyway, stop moaning.
  • Options
    TejasTejas Posts: 5,027
    Forum Member
    Ads wrote: »
    I guess important political events are too complex to understand for most of the chavs throwing a strop about missing their dose of Eastenders and Holby tonight.

That's hardly fair now is it! It wouldn't have been so bad if there had been some actual news, but most of its just been presenters repeating what they've already said while they wait for something to happen. Someone got in a car, who gives a shit!? :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

now that's what I wanted to say!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Excuse me?

What I object to is the hours of "padding"...watching cars get driven through London and endless debates/interview in my mind is boring. They were live on air just for the sakes of it. No "real" news to report on.

As much as I try to follow politics, most of it was mundane and boring.
  • Options
    DJGMDJGM Posts: 3,934
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the importance of it? who cares? they all tell us what
    to do. Why should we give our night up for the likes of them?
    Such blissful ignorance . . .
  • Options
    tfisher2010tfisher2010 Posts: 113
    Forum Member

At least have a grain of respect for other people's views please. And if you love politics so much, go and shag BBC Parliament.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 121
    Forum Member
    Gord should've waited til tomorrow morning when Homes Under the Hammer and Cash in the Attic are on :rolleyes:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 487
    Forum Member
    ok this is slightly off-topic, but I tuned in just in time to catch the final soundbites and was wondering if anyone knew or recognised the name of the dramatic music they used in the closing of the whole broadcast?
  • Options
    yorkie100yorkie100 Posts: 9,372
    Forum Member

Simplistic nonesense!!!!