Options

Emmerdale looking bitter at BSA's

shortiefluffshortiefluff Posts: 4,003
Forum Member
✭✭✭
Did anyone see Danny Miller's face when Eastenders won storyline for 'Who killed Archie'. He rolled his eyes in disgust and looked mightily peeved even though it was only half way through the show and there was still plenty of opprtunities for him to win something. In my mind that showed a bit of arrogance that he felt he would win everything going. He is bound to have thought that after the year Eastenders had with Archie, Chryed and the live ep, that they might lose out. Plus there was still Best Actor to win. When it was awarded to Scott Maslen, everyone including him looked shocked but Danny looked especially disappointed. Now i know he deserved it as he is a better actor that Scott but he could at least have pretended that he was fine with it. He looked like he expected to win which annoyed me. Coronation Street, Hollyoaks and Doctors looked happy for Eastenders and you could clearly see Katherine Kelly mouthing that Lacey winning was the right choice. It shocked that for once it wasnt Corrie looking peeved they didnt win. Keith Duffy pretended to be upset win Scott won sexiest and Bronough, Lyndon and the girl from Doctors were happy for Marc Elliot to win Best Newcomer. The only time i saw someone else from Emmerdale looking upset was when Ben Richards and Louie Spence mispronounced Lyndon's name.

On ITV2, he showed himself to be a liitle bit magnanimous in defeat but that was probably only because he was on camera or else he accepted he couldnt do anything about it. He seemed to forget the camera was on him on ITV1. Im now glad he didnt win anything as his attitude in defeat stinks.

Comments

• Options
    GenieInABottle.GenieInABottle. Posts: 1,957
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The girl who plays Sophie on Corro pissed me off on the ITV extra show. She said something like ''Its not right. We come all the way down here all the time for nothing!!''
  • Options
    JillyAJillyA Posts: 2,205
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    personally I think Danny Miller deserved best storyline and best actor. It has been handled realy sensitively and hasn't featured a lad just jumping into bed with another but dealt with the whole issue of his feelings and realisation that he is gay but couldn't handle it.

Amazing scenes between he and Dominic Brunt.
  • Options
    KatrinaKKatrinaK Posts: 32,261
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I agree about Danny.

Now I do think he deserved to walk away with something. He's been incredible but I have to say I found his reaction infantile and poor sportsmanship. It's my belief that every actor and actress should show good grace and dignity in the face of defeat. Like you said, Danny was showing signs of annoyance despite there being some more awards to go. It gave the impression that he wanted to win everything.

However I disagree with your Corrie and E'dale comparison. IMO E'dale, bar Danny, came of very well where as the Corrie crowd just looked bitter everytime EE won an award.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 950
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I remember him looking pretty p'd off when Emmerdale lost at the NTAs as well. sort your 'gracious loser' face out Danny!
  • Options
    be more pacificbe more pacific Posts: 19,061
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can see why people might suspect/imagine there's a bias towards EastEnders from the panel of judges. However, it seems barmy for anyone to be bitter about the results of the public votes.
  • Options
    davedubdavedub Posts: 8,826
    Forum Member
    The girl who plays Sophie on Corro pissed me off on the ITV extra show. She said something like ''Its not right. We come all the way down here all the time for nothing!!''

Yeh I picked up on that, too many glasses of champagne I think:)
  • Options
    methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    I think it is a total shame and disgrace that Danny Miller didn't even win a single award for his outstanding acting this year. I hope Danny gets the recognition that he deserve in the TV Now awards which are being held in Dublin on Saturday,
  • Options
    SteveOwenSteveOwen Posts: 30,430
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I remember him looking pretty p'd off when Emmerdale lost at the NTAs as well. sort your 'gracious loser' face out Danny!
    I just think he comes across as a bit immature, to be honest. I remember his OTT reaction when Corrie beat EE to best soap at the NTAs.
  • Options
    andy614andy614 Posts: 45,259
    Forum Member
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    I just think he comes across as a bit immature, to be honest. I remember his OTT reaction when Corrie beat EE to best soap at the NTAs.

you are aware that was a joke right?
  • Options
    mr mugglesmr muggles Posts: 4,601
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Dannys still only quite young. He's bound to be pissed he didnt get the award, and the person who started this thread laid it on thick about how Danny looked when EE won best actor. He didnt look that annoyed! Let him act his age! ;)
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Personally I love it when people go on like this when they don't win! :D I hate that false, smiling and clapping like a mad person they can do when they lose!

I never actually watched it though so I don't know how bad it was. Does anyone know when/if it's repeated?
  • Options
    methodyguymethodyguy Posts: 6,044
    Forum Member
    lotty27 wrote: »
    Personally I love it when people go on like this when they don't win! :D I hate that false, smiling and clapping like a mad person they can do when they lose!

I never actually watched it though so I don't know how bad it was. Does anyone know when/if it's repeated?

The Soap Awards are repeated on Sunday afternoon at 2:25 on Itv2. :)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 12,509
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    SteveOwen wrote: »
    andy614 wrote: »
    you are aware that was a joke right?

Absoultely- I didn't watch the BSAs but I saw his reaction at the NTA and it was very clearly and very obviously a joke reaction- no way was he being serious

Why would he care that CS had beaten EE. Nobody in ED thought they had a chance of winning that award- why would they care which of CS or EE won it :confused:

If his reactions at BSAs were anything like the reaction at NTAs- then people are definitley reading way too much into it.

he might have been a little pissed (sorry tired and emotional) at after show interview but he was very quick to praise the other soaps nominated and seemed embarrased when his friend Adam tried to praise him- that to me is more telling- in vino veritas and all
  • Options
    luckylilaluckylila Posts: 3,689
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    lotty27 wrote: »

I agree - I think it makes a change to see someone actually look p*ssed off at losing.

After all, let's face it, all of the losers who look pleased for the winner are faking it to some extent, because of course everybody wants to win.
  • Options
    Loz_FraggleLoz_Fraggle Posts: 5,759
    Forum Member
    Nothing beats, during one awards ceremony Kate Ford's reaction when Nicola from Emmerdale won best soap bitch, that was hilarious!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 834
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lol, he did look quite annoyed. He should have won best actor though, in my opinion. I pretty much agreed with all the other wins though.
  • Options
    lotty27lotty27 Posts: 17,858
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    methodyguy wrote: »
    The Soap Awards are repeated on Sunday afternoon at 2:25 on Itv2. :)

Thanks methodyguy! :)
  • Options
    Vodka_DrinkaVodka_Drinka Posts: 28,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is this obsession certain fans of Eastenders have with other soap actors being "bitter" when they don't win? I suppose the Eastenders lot are always the epitomy of respect and graciousness when they lose out are? Seeing the gobs on some of them, and hearing their post awards comments when Corrie beat them at NTA's I'd say not.

I think people have every right to feel disappointed when they are nominated for an award but don't win. I'd say most of the actors last night behaved well and certainly didn't come across as "bitter".
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm not sure whether you are aware, the youngsters in the Emmerdale cast are always daring each other to do stuff when on camera! For example the flexing the muscles that was going on for their cast interview on This Morning leading up to the BSAs. I wouldn't be surprised if one of them said to Danny to pretend to react like that for a laugh. As if you've noticed after he rolled his eyes and shook his head he turned round to giggle at his fellow Emmerdale stars!

Just a consideration...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,372
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Another example of my previous post, I saw an exchange going on between Danny Miller and Adam Thomas (Adam Barton) after Danny was caught staring at Suzanne Shaw's boobs. It was a kind of 'see I did it' type of exchange. Plus the Emmerdale cast are always ripping into each other on Twitter. Yesterday Adam and James Thornton (John Barton) announced that Danny was leaving at the end of the year to join Hollyoaks!! :eek: (I must add this is entirely untrue and was just meant to be a bit of banter between them)

EDIT: Bib was ITV2 btw
  • Options
    wallo mr slugwallo mr slug Posts: 9,734
    Forum Member
    LOL there's only one thing sadder than people going on and on about the injustice of soap awards...and that's people trying to cross analyse reactions and going on about it.

There are some tragic people here, move on for goodness sake. Of course people are going to be disappointed to not get an award. It's like football fans being annoyed when their team loses, even if it's been fairly one. Did you expect people to be jumping up and down going THANK GOD I LOST THERE!!

I have worrying visions of some people recording this, pausing on reaction shots and writing down on their notepads that such and such rolled their eyes and such and such frowned.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,713
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    LOL there's only one thing sadder than people going on and on about the injustice of soap awards...and that's people trying to cross analyse reactions and going on about it.

There are some tragic people here, move on for goodness sake. Of course people are going to be disappointed to not get an award. It's like football fans being annoyed when their team loses, even if it's been fairly one. Did you expect people to be jumping up and down going THANK GOD I LOST THERE!!

I have worrying visions of some people recording this, pausing on reaction shots and writing down on their notepads that such and such rolled their eyes and such and such frowned.

HAHA!! I agree!! A reaction is a reaction, move on.
  • Options
    :Thomas::Thomas: Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    I think it was very unprofessional the way Danny Miller behaved.

There was no need for him to roll his eyes.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Did anyone see Danny Miller's face when Eastenders won storyline for 'Who killed Archie'. He rolled his eyes in disgust and looked mightily peeved even though it was only half way through the show and there was still plenty of opprtunities for him to win something. In my mind that showed a bit of arrogance that he felt he would win everything going. He is bound to have thought that after the year Eastenders had with Archie, Chryed and the live ep, that they might lose out. Plus there was still Best Actor to win. When it was awarded to Scott Maslen, everyone including him looked shocked but Danny looked especially disappointed. Now i know he deserved it as he is a better actor that Scott but he could at least have pretended that he was fine with it. He looked like he expected to win which annoyed me.

i didn't see it as arrogance that he thought he should have won, i saw it as "oh eastenders again :rolleyes:"
    i'm glad he didn't act like everyone else pretending to be happy, someone has to tell it like it was - a farce!
  • Options
    :Thomas::Thomas: Posts: 112
    Forum Member
    davedub wrote: »
    Yeh I picked up on that, too many glasses of champagne I think:)

Yep. Was cringe worthy just watching it.