Options

Outnumbered- Thursday 8th April

Comments

• Options
    DogmatixDogmatix Posts: 2,307
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No episode tonight - it's been bumped by the election debate :mad:. Next one is 6th May, sandwiched between bits of election.
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,808
    Forum Member
    They should have done an election special with Karen interviewing her dolls. :D
  • Options
    Stefano92Stefano92 Posts: 66,422
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gomezz wrote: »
    They should have done an election special with Karen interviewing her dolls. :D

:D

I have just gotten into Outnumbered. My Media teacher was helping us out on our A level exam thats for next month and showed us the show (1st episode of 2nd series) and now most of the people in that class have started watching it since.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,584
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    We are huge fans as a family. However, have seen a small clip of new series and i have got a horrid feeling it may have jumped the shark. The kids seem too old now and a little bit too wise. :o:(

The producers could always teach them method acting and let them act as they do offset.
  • Options
    kasgkasg Posts: 4,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The children are currently on the One Show
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,678
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kasg wrote: »
    The children are currently on the One Show

Thank God for iplayer as I've have missed it. Too bad the show's not on tonight - not normally a slave to the tellybox but have recently been looking forward to the HIGNFY and Outnumbered combo every Thursday night.
  • Options
    Katla RevengerKatla Revenger Posts: 319
    Forum Member
    Thank God for iplayer as I've have missed it. Too bad the show's not on tonight - not normally a slave to the tellybox but have recently been looking forward to the HIGNFY and Outnumbered combo every Thursday night.

Sadly, the idiots who present the show ruined the interview, the kids were not allowed to be themselves and i felt they ignored the guests in favour of political crap.:mad:
  • Options
    ElanorElanor Posts: 13,326
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I've only just caught up with last week's - I LOVED Karen going on about it being unfair that women can't grow moustaches! Especially the bit about being a tugboat captain.
  • Options
    FM LoverFM Lover Posts: 50,942
    Forum Member
    Salv* wrote: »
    :D

I have just gotten into Outnumbered. My Media teacher was helping us out on our A level exam thats for next month and showed us the show (1st episode of 2nd series) and now most of the people in that class have started watching it since.

I was the same, didn't get it at all when it was on Saturday nights, thought that wasn't the right slot of it.

Since the promo films were aired for the new series I thought I'd give it a go and absolutely love it. Favourite scenes so far this season were Karen acting out Britain's Got Talent.
  • Options
    gillypandagillypanda Posts: 13,963
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Is anyone else watching tonight?

I'm crying laughing here, with Ben and the "will the baby be stripy, then you won't lose it in the hospital?" :D:D
  • Options
    kasgkasg Posts: 4,740
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was just brilliant, laugh-out-loud stuff - best one yet!
  • Options
    AcerBenAcerBen Posts: 21,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I can't help thinking this show is running out of steam. Loved the first two series but now it just seems like every episode is the same.
  • Options
    Chris1964Chris1964 Posts: 19,952
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Elanor wrote: »
    I've only just caught up with last week's - I LOVED Karen going on about it being unfair that women can't grow moustaches! Especially the bit about being a tugboat captain.

The show struck gold with the girl who plays Karen and she is an undoubted star in this role, and the unscripted element makes it uniquely watchable.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,351
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I couldn't see another thread, so I unearthed this one! Did everyone enjoy tonight's episode? :D I thought it was wonderful, especially with the added tension of some genuine drama and sadness.

I loved Karen's line about her dad not being busy on the toilet but "Your bottom is busy", and Sue's rant about the name 'Mimi' - "It's not short for Mia, it's bloody longer than Mia! She's so stupid she's shortened her name to something longer!"

Oh I wish there wasn't only one episode left :(
  • Options
    Rosie RedRosie Red Posts: 8,446
    Forum Member
    It was a brilliant episode, and I loved the Mimi bit too.

The sad thing is, that as the kids get older, it will have to rely on excellent writing, because its charm so far (although the writing has been good too) is the children's own words, and that's an ability they'll lose as they get older - it's really only young children who can get away with that.
  • Options
    IphigeniaIphigenia Posts: 8,109
    Forum Member
    I agree with #216, and have thought so all series. I think this should be the last - regretfully, because I love it but the cuteness of the younger two's replies won't last much longer.
  • Options
    trunkstertrunkster Posts: 14,468
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I can't help but feel as the Kids grow older the script writers are going have to bring in some adult themes to give this excellent series some legs, hence last nights episode.
    If they do it right we can all watch as this familly progress through life. There will be less slapstick kids stuff, but more drama with subtle gags etc.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 258
    Forum Member
    I thought last night's episode was excellent!

Think this series has been a bit hit and miss, but last night it was back to it's best.:)
  • Options
    dee-recdee-rec Posts: 2,414
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agree with the last poster, last night's episode was the best this series. Liked that the adults were featured more, also Karen's reaction to the nutty therapist was brilliant. Finding things inside yourself!? Like spoons you forgot you swallowed? And the therapist's reaction - shes very literal. Absolutely brillant.
  • Options
    andallthatjazzandallthatjazz Posts: 6,413
    Forum Member
    Karen & Ben (to a certain extent) are beginning to be irritating now.

Jake on the other hand is becoming to be a better actor.

I'm a fan of Doug Hodge ( saw him 3x on stage not to mention his other tv roles) but oh boy that part he played as some American therapist or something was just awful on all levels - the accent, the wig, & even the acting.

Still looking forward to seeing him on Broadway next month though.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,994
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm actually getting to like it a bit more these days.

It just seems a bit more grown up and adult oriented than when I first tried watching it. The interactions between the dad and the elder son are quite funny. and the hot girl he keeps staring at :D
  • Options
    chipstick10chipstick10 Posts: 7,168
    Forum Member
    Karen & Ben (to a certain extent) are beginning to be irritating now.

Jake on the other hand is becoming to be a better actor.

I'm a fan of Doug Hodge ( saw him 3x on stage not to mention his other tv roles) but oh boy that part he played as some American therapist or something was just awful on all levels - the accent, the wig, & even the acting.

Still looking forward to seeing him on Broadway next month though.

I kind of get what you mean. Think Karen and Ben are trying too hard. Jake on the other hand is really coming into his own.
  • Options
    CD93CD93 Posts: 13,940
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I miss it already :(
  • Options
    VashettiVashetti Posts: 2,361
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    That was a lovely end to the series.

I genuinely gasped when Jake said Karen had been knocked down.

I don't care what people say about Outnumbered, it's not outrageously funny (well, I think so, but others not so much), but it has something that most TV programmes lack nowadays - heart.
  • Options
    tinmantinman Posts: 3,942
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Iphigenia wrote: »
    I agree with #216, and have thought so all series. I think this should be the last - regretfully, because I love it but the cuteness of the younger two's replies won't last much longer.

+++++++++++1