Options

The Ratings Thread (Part 9)

Comments

• Options
    scotchscotch Posts: 10,687
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Score wrote: »
    Million Pound Drop is appalling. It is so dull - they've taken 45 minutes to get through 6 questions! I can see this one being a massive turkey.

I agree, it's so slow it's painful. :sleep:
  • Options
    Georged123Georged123 Posts: 5,770
    Forum Member
    I can see MIllion Pound Drop doing ok tonight because of the buzz about it but it is going to shed viewers every night.
  • Options
    Agent FAgent F Posts: 40,288
    Forum Member
    MPD was okay but painfully slow for a live show. They've made a big deal out of it being live but as far as I can tell it didn't really add anything, and actually took a lot away from what would otherwise have been a very slick show.
  • Options
    JJAMUFCJJAMUFC Posts: 1,222
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    does anyone know if Corrie has an episode scheduled for Saturday 5th June :confused: only reason I ask is because the spoilers for "siege week" have gone up and at the bottom of them for next Friday it says "siege week" continues tomorrow
  • Options
    AvalancheAvalanche Posts: 2,474
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Million Pound Drop needs to be sped up a bit and the audience need to be revved up a little more but otherwise I enjoyed it. It's a decent format, they just need to iron out the creases and make it a little slicker. It's possible they'll be able to tweak it as the week goes on though, so all isn't necessarily lost.

One of the questions was unfortunate though. At least one (and possibly three, including the correct answer) of those Twitter accounts they asked about is fake. Bit sloppy.
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,715
    Forum Member
    Seven
    18:00 Seven News 1.65m
    18:30 Today Tonight 1.44m
    19:00 Home and Away 1.02m
    19:30 The Zoo 0.89m
    20:00 Find My Family 0.79m
    20:30 Desperate Housewives (15/23) 0.96m
    21:30 Brothers & Sisters (21/24) 0.90m

Nine
    18:00 Nine News 1.53m
    18:30 A Current Affair 1.34m
    19:00 Two and a Half Men (R) 1.26m
    19:30 Two and a Half Men (21/22) 1.41m
    20:00 The Big Bang Theory (19/23) 1.27m
    20:30 The Mentalist (R) 1.09m
    21:30 CSI: Miami (7/24) 0.86m

Ten
    17:00 Ten News at Five 0.93m
    18:00 The Simpsons (R) 0.69m
    18:30 Neighbours 0.67m
    19:00 The 7pm Project 0.90m
    19:30 MasterChef Australia 1.63m
    20:30 Good News Week 1.04m

Shares
    Nine - 26.1%
    Seven - 22.8%
    Ten - 21.9%
    ABC1 - 13.6%
    SBS One - 5.8%

The news bulletins were up. Very good also for Good News Week.

MasterChef is remarkably consistent on around 1.6m.
  • Options
    FuddFudd Posts: 167,695
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    JJAMUFC wrote: »
    does anyone know if Corrie has an episode scheduled for Saturday 5th June :confused: only reason I ask is because the spoilers for "siege week" have gone up and at the bottom of them for next Friday it says "siege week" continues tomorrow

I can just see them using Coronation Street as half hour filler between the main show and the results on the Saturday.
  • Options
    dan2008dan2008 Posts: 37,290
    Forum Member
    Fudd wrote: »
    I can just see them using Coronation Street as half hour filler between the main show and the results on the Saturday.
    Of course you can
    it's ITV:)

Im not sure ITV would have Corrie go out on a saturday actually and as far as im aware the explotion is the friday so siege week would be over and im sure ITV would use the Cliffhanger(if there is one) to help out Mondays episode
  • Options
    open_endedopen_ended Posts: 2,585
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Andy23 wrote: »
    Good for you. Personally I avoid EastEnders every week. In fact I think it should be axed or at least reduced to one episode per month, it's awful television, BBC1 should be forced to show something else at that time, rather than show this high rating popular programme. The entire schedule should be based on my own personal tastes... etc etc. ;)

Slamming a channel for poor ratings is one thing, slamming them for showing high rating popular programmes, in the ratings thread of all places, is another.
    You always use EE as an example when criticising the BBC yet out of all the main soaps it's on the least and has consistent even scheduling Mon, Tues, Thurs, Fri. Very different to ITV's constant exploitation of Corrie and Emmerdale. People don't want to have control over the schedules and can appreciate that slots have to be given over to these popular shows, but they would like some variety now and again. There is no justification whatsoever for the way ITV exploits these shows sometimes but the egg will be on their faces. A channel cannot live by soaps alone.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Agent F wrote: »
    Not like you to generalise...

Corrie's been on at 10pm before and it did fine.
    I always recall the 10pm shows dropping in comparison to the earlier showings when they used to have it on 3 times in one night. Think they used to be down to 7/8m viewers. But that was when the earlier showing was pulling 12/13m. Nowadays 7/8m is a normal episode rating so who can say how a 10pm Corrie would rate in 2010?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One thing in ITV's favour is that with the high audiences for BGT Corrie should be pushed up to about 13m due to the massively hyped Tony storyline. On its own without BGT it would have 11-12m so with BGT I'm expecting 13m. Based on past big Corrie storylines eg. Richard Hillman.
  • Options
    CharnhamCharnham Posts: 61,705
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I do like this take on BGT

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1281211/Has-Britain-Got-Talent-ITV-scraping-barrel.html

and lets skip past the "its in the Daily" and the "its written by Jan Moir" comments, I still liked the general tone of her article.
  • Options
    D.M.N.D.M.N. Posts: 34,174
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    JJAMUFC wrote: »

Where are we looking? I can't see that on here: http://www.itv.com/presscentre/coronationstreet/wk22overview/default.html

EDIT: You mean here? http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/s3/coronation-street/spoilers/a220972/tony-causes-underworld-to-explode.html

I think that's a mistake as its there at the bottom of every episode.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    For anyone wondering, according to Channel 4 Sales, Saturday's all-day shares were:

BBC1 - 23.4%
    ITV1 - 9.6%
    C4 - 6.8% (inc +1)
    BBC2 - 5.9%
    C5 - 4.7%
    Multichannel - 49.6%

I believe that is a record low for ITV, maybe first time under 10%? :eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 795
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Drop (includes +1) - 2.2m / 11.9%
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    dubsj wrote: »
    The Drop (includes +1) - 2.2m / 11.9%

Thanks. :) That's alright, but can see a drop ratings wise coming.

How did the footy, EastEnders and Corrie do? :)

And the Lost finale did well!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Lost 600,000! on Sky1 at 5am!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    According to Broadcast, the peak was 854,000 with a 44.8% viewing share! :eek:
  • Options
    ianbianb Posts: 655
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

now thats impressive! I bet the final rating will be up as I recording it and watched it last night (after avoid every possible website that might spoil it for me) plus the repeat showings tonight and friday.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    The Chase 1.2m / 11.4%
    Corrie 6.5m / 35.0%
    Football 7.2m peaked 8.7m / 31.6%
    Eastenders 6.5m / 28.5%
    High Street Dreams 1.9m / 7.8%

Today's TV Times has Father and Son coming soon for week 5th June - 11th June so that sorts out Monday-Thursday @ 9pm in that slot...
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The Chase 1.2m / 11.4%
    Corrie 6.5m / 35.0%
    Football 7.2m peaked 8.7m / 31.6%
    Eastenders 6.5m / 28.5%
    High Street Dreams 1.9m / 7.8%

Today's TV Times has Father and Son coming soon for week 5th June - 11th June so that sorts out Monday-Thursday @ 9pm in that slot...

Thanks. :)

OK for Coronation Street in an earlier slot, but really not much higher than what Emmerdale would be getting. Not sure what to think of the football rating so close to the World Cup.

EastEnders held up well against tough competition. And very good news for Hollyoaks fans: http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/soaps/news/a221654/oaks-logs-highest-figures-in-a-month.html --> highest figures in a month.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    One thing that really annoyed me on MPD, was Davina's constant referencing to the time. We know it's live!
  • Options
    fmradiotuner1fmradiotuner1 Posts: 20,538
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Football done well but then it was England playing this time.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 235
    Forum Member
    And the drop spaces were not big enough to put the money on!
  • Options
    BigOrangeBigOrange Posts: 59,715
    Forum Member
    OMG. An amazing figure frankly for 5am.

How on earth did they manage that?! I didn't even think it had been THAT well publicised away from sites like these.

I was expecting something below 100k! In fact, I thought it would be almost definitely below that figure.

I guess this means we can expect to see these simulcasts occur more often in the future, for landmark episodes of long running dramas from the U.S. Probably a bit late for Five to sort something out for FlashForward on Friday morning, but DH in the early hours of E4 whenever that finally wraps up looks a good bet.
This discussion has been closed.