Options

New iPhone Announched?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    joolze wrote: »
    New tariffs, from 24th June, can be found here ... http://shop.o2.co.uk/new-iphone/tariffs.html but don't mention the initial handset cost.

I don't see 12 months of inclusive data on PAYG which you currently get on the 3GS.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    kenny wrote: »
    I don't see 12 months of inclusive data on PAYG which you currently get on the 3GS.

It's right there in the table with the simplicity plans. 500mb per month
  • Options
    GormondGormond Posts: 15,838
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I'm currently on Simplicity for iPhone not in a contract and get 600 mins, 1200 texts (including MMS) for £20 a month. If it ends up cheaper for me to keep that then i'm just gonna buy the phone outright. We need phone prices FFS.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,965
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Gormond wrote: »
    I'm currently on Simplicity for iPhone not in a contract and get 600 mins, 1200 texts (including MMS) for £20 a month. If it ends up cheaper for me to keep that then i'm just gonna buy the phone outright. We need phone prices FFS.

Well they've plugged the Simplicity exploit gap. Chances are you will still save money, but not as much as previously.

Unless something drastically changes I am moving to PAYG with the Simplicity £15 tariff over 12 months, and £5 added for the data bolt on to take me to 1GB.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Well they've plugged the Simplicity exploit gap. Chances are you will still save money, but not as much as previously.

Hmm whats the Simplicity exploit gap?
  • Options
    denzil28denzil28 Posts: 1,106
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I'm on the same but a bit of an older one so not so many texts or minutes, but I rarely come close to using the texts and use the phone for calls less than an hour a month - so not really an issue what they offer minutes wise for me (luckily)

It's the free wifi and £5 less on the £15 simplicity against unlimited data and free sms texts that I can't decide upon.

I suppose the question is will you need the minutes and will you be likely to browse off wifi hotspots such as bt open zone and cloud (it does not mean at home for those that are unsure about free wifi and does not also apply to the free wifi hotspots in places like McDonalds and Starbucks).

I'm thinking I should be fine dropping to the new £15 tarrif but it's a choice that once made cannot be reversed so needs to be made wisely.

With so many people now having iphones and other smartphones, you can understand why the networks want to drop the allowances and try to make as much as they can. Lets just see if they shaft us on the phone then.
  • Options
    robbies_galrobbies_gal Posts: 32,226
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    theres no unlimited data anymore?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 40
    Forum Member
    It's right there in the table with the simplicity plans. 500mb per month

Simplicity is pay monthly. When you buy a 3GS on pay as you go, you top up to activate the SIM and you get a full 12 months of data.

From the O2 website;
    At the end of the twelve month free period you will start to be charged £10 per month for the Unlimited Web and Wi-Fi Bolt On. We'll send you a text communication at the end of the twelve month free period to inform you that your free Bolt On is coming to an end and give you advice on how to opt out if required.

Looking at the new tariff you have to top up £10 every month to get the data allowance.
  • Options
    SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    theres no unlimited data anymore?

Nope.

Today is the day O2 OFFICIALLY crippled the iPhone.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,025
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick question is UK data listed as Cellular Network Data on the iPhone? Or really how do you know how much data you've used per month?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick question is UK data listed as Cellular Network Data on the iPhone? Or really how do you know how much data you've used per month?

Ill be the first then......."There's an app for that"
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    denzil28 wrote: »
    Ill be the first then......."There's an app for that"

each network has their own app for following your monthly usage.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 74
    Forum Member
    Soundburst wrote: »
    Nope.

Today is the day O2 OFFICIALLY crippled the iPhone.

Thank god for Three :)
    http://www.three.co.uk/Phones/iPhone

• Options
    clonmultclonmult Posts: 3,366
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    >Kareem< wrote: »
    Thank god for Three :)
    http://www.three.co.uk/Phones/iPhone

Um, but then you've got to cope with some seriously dire customer service :(
  • Options
    malbo007malbo007 Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    correct me if im wrong but doesn't the new iphone 4 require a micro sim or something?? Therefore to use it, we will all need new sim cards. This is from that o2 page:
    "If you're already on Pay & Go with O2 and buying the iPhone 4, you'll need to transfer your existing O2 number, balance and tariff onto the new micro sim. We'll tell you how to do this soon."

This got me thinking, does that mean that i cant keep my current simplicity plan? At the moment, i pay £20 a month on a simplicity plan, but i get 800mins 1600txts and unlimited data. I want to keep this, buy the iphone 4 as a payg and use my current simplicity deal, but i need to get this on a smaller sim...

I bet o2 tell me i have to go on the new simplicity tariff :(
  • Options
    big_hard_ladbig_hard_lad Posts: 4,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    malbo007 wrote: »
    correct me if im wrong but doesn't the new iphone 4 require a micro sim or something?? Therefore to use it, we will all need new sim cards. This is from that o2 page:
    "If you're already on Pay & Go with O2 and buying the iPhone 4, you'll need to transfer your existing O2 number, balance and tariff onto the new micro sim. We'll tell you how to do this soon."

This got me thinking, does that mean that i cant keep my current simplicity plan? At the moment, i pay £20 a month on a simplicity plan, but i get 800mins 1600txts and unlimited data. I want to keep this, buy the iphone 4 as a payg and use my current simplicity deal, but i need to get this on a smaller sim...

I bet o2 tell me i have to go on the new simplicity tariff :(

You can cut a normal SIM card to the size of a microsim. It's tricky but it works. Google it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ive changed sim cards in the past, each time they have sent a replacement free and not affected contract.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    myromeo wrote: »
    ive changed sim cards in the past, each time they have sent a replacement free and not affected contract.

Yeah I expect they will just send you a microsim and you will keep your contract.
  • Options
    malbo007malbo007 Posts: 779
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yeah I expect they will just send you a microsim and you will keep your contract.

this is great news.. i think i got a good deal for £20 a month.. just need to know the payg prices now and im all set!! thanks :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    http://shop.o2.co.uk/tariffs/simplicity/iphone/12_months

I do not currently have an iphone so not sur eif this will work.

What happens if I sign up to the current iphone simplicity for unlimited data and browsing and texts for £15. Can I just use that in my SEW850i for now with the current sim I have (if I uprgrade online or downgrade in my case as it's a cheaper tarrif).

I've registerred interest on iphone 4 so will apparently get sent a Micro SIM before release date and then just 'contract' over on release day?

I can't see why this wouldn't work but will o2 subsequently change the terms of simplicty for iphone for everyone?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,335
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    the iphone uses different data settings to 'normal' handsets so it may not work for mms and data in your SE. would work fine for calls tho.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    myromeo wrote: »
    the iphone uses different data settings to 'normal' handsets so it may not work for mms and data in your SE. would work fine for calls tho.

Bugger, are you 100% sure of that before I don't sign up.

Anyone else tried it?
  • Options
    PencilPencil Posts: 5,700
    Forum Member
    Please, please could one of mods re-correct the spelling of this thread.

Every time I read announched, I picture an old, gummy man.
  • Options
    KesterKKesterK Posts: 3,485
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pencil wrote: »
    Please, please could one of mods re-correct the spelling of this thread.

Every time I read announched, I picture an old, gummy man.

There is a contact us button at the bottom of this page, you can ask for corrections there haha.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,726
    Forum Member
    is 500mb gonna be enough for me, all i do is browse afew sites and go on facebook and twitter/check emails, probably 3-4hrs browsing a day