TV Pgrammes that haven't ever been repeated OR not repeated in a long time

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 240
    Forum Member
    How about:

Sinchronicity
    As If

Not so bothered about As If, but I really got into Sinchronicity!
  • Options
    FearFactorFearFactor Posts: 2,547
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Our Friends in the North.

Kind of surprising considering the things some of the cast have gone on to do.
    The Phoenix and the Carpet
    Mr.Lavigne wrote: »
    The Demon Headmaster.

Some others that have been mentioned such as After Henry & Sorry.

One I would very much like to see again is Brush Strokes, especially as we no longer see Karl Howman in the adverts for Flash!

Would also like to see Five Children and It, Heartbreak High, and a show I cannot recall the name of but remember it starred Adam Faith & Zoe Wanamaker, might have had Heart in the name.
  • Options
    THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,457
    Forum Member
    I would like to see Watch With Mother again with Andy Pandy, The Flowerpot Men, Rag Tag And Boptail, The Woodentops and Picturebook. I've got a videotape i bought a number of years ago, that has 1 episode of each of those programes in black and white.
    Ian.
  • Options
    excelentsexcelents Posts: 1,384
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
  • Options
    DemizdeeroolzDemizdeeroolz Posts: 3,821
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd love to see Sexton Blake, The Mind Of J.G. Reeder, Public Eye, Dangerman, Orlando and many other 60s shows again.

And from a bit later on, I'd like to see Love For Lydia, Flambards and Precious Bane again.

Also, this time from America, the 1979 mini series Studs Lonigan.

I recently bought a copy of this from ebay, the quality wasn't too bad. I never saw it the first time round
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    winenroses wrote: »
    Bouquet of Barbed Wire followed by what we referred to as 'Another Bucket' (Bouquet), or have I imagined that?

Something with Nigel Havers and the magnificently creepy Bernard Hepton which may have been called The Cad. Havers was the cad/murderer and Hepton suspicious of him.

I think it was called The Charmer,
  • Options
    jo2015jo2015 Posts: 6,021
    Forum Member
    The Ritz from the spring of 1987 on BBC2 - set in a northern nightclub. The last episode's on YouTube. Think Frank Bruno made a cameo appearance.

Featured a young (and relatively slimmer) Mark Addy.

Always remember Richard Ridings as 'Mad Mick'.
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 24,015
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Big Brother, although a repeat was tried in America and was cancelled after 4 days as no one was interested.
  • Options
    Adam KelleherAdam Kelleher Posts: 1,488
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    One programme I'd always wanted to see again but had never, as far as I know, been repeated was "What the Butler Saw" starring Dinsdale Landen, Timothy West and Prunella Scales from I think 1986. And then it was shown this Wednesday as part of BBC 4's current season!! And I almost missed it, just noticed it by chance in the listings magazine. (Recorded it, haven't got round to watching it yet, hope it's as good as I remember.)

Re Corrie, never understood why they stopped that when G+ became ITV 2 (or was it 3?). As Corrie is still always near the top of the ratings you'd think it would be a no brainer to show repeats and get good audiences for your digital channels.

Also agree, wish they'd show "The Cedar Tree", fantastic series. Someone suggested it might have been wiped but as it was shown in 1979 I would be very surprised (and disappointed) if that was the case.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    The Man from Atlantis, to my knowledge never been re run since it was shown in 1978.

I saw part of an episode a couple of months ago, might have been on CBS as I had switched over to catch Dynasty
  • Options
    Andy BirkenheadAndy Birkenhead Posts: 13,450
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I think it was called The Charmer,

I've already said that !! :D:D (post #160)
  • Options
    PhilH36PhilH36 Posts: 26,446
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    THOMO wrote: »
    I would like to see Watch With Mother again with Andy Pandy, The Flowerpot Men, Rag Tag And Boptail, The Woodentops and Picturebook. I've got a videotape i bought a number of years ago, that has 1 episode of each of those programes in black and white.
    Ian.

Wasn't it Bobtail?

As to Andy Pandy,the general story that does the rounds is that there were only twenty six episodes which the BBC repeated continuously for years until they were eventually taken off because a) parents with more than one child were complaining at having seen the same stories over and over again and b) the tapes were deteriorating because they'd been played so many times.
  • Options
    valkayvalkay Posts: 15,747
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    "Watching" a romantic comedy about two young lovers in Liverpool, with a dopey looking lad who has been in loads of stuff since and little Emma Wray as the fiesty girlfriend, who has never been in anything since, Liza Tarbuck was her sister and I think Billy Mitchell from East Enders was the work colleague in a gentlemens outfitters.
  • Options
    winenroseswinenroses Posts: 6,470
    Forum Member
    valkay wrote: »
    "Watching" a romantic comedy about two young lovers in Liverpool, with a dopey looking lad who has been in loads of stuff since and little Emma Wray as the fiesty girlfriend, who has never been in anything since, Liza Tarbuck was her sister and I think Billy Mitchell from East Enders was the work colleague in a gentlemens outfitters.

That was a touching little comedy, often mentioned fondly. Emma Wray sang the 'feem toon'.
  • Options
    FroodFrood Posts: 13,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    PhilH36 wrote: »

As to Andy Pandy,the general story that does the rounds is that there were only twenty six episodes which the BBC repeated continuously for years until they were eventually taken off because a) parents with more than one child were complaining at having seen the same stories over and over again and b) the tapes were deteriorating because they'd been played so many times.

And there was some very dubious behaviour involvong him and his friends........
  • Options
    THOMOTHOMO Posts: 7,457
    Forum Member
    Wasn't it Bobtail?

Their where set days for the different Watch With Mother programes and i can remember them!! Monday had Picture Book, Tuesday had Andy Pandy, Wednesday had The Flowerpot Men, Thursday had Rag Tag and Bobtail and Friday had The Woodentops.
    Ian.
  • Options
    GulftasticGulftastic Posts: 127,765
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Barnaby The Bear. I loved it as a wee kiddie. I even named my own teddy Barnaby.
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Out Of This World - There's a girl called Evie Ethel Garland who is half alien & has special powers.I think she used to speak to her dad through a crystal.It used to be shown on ITV in the early 90's weekday mornings.

Small Wonder - 80's sitcom where a family have a robot called Vicki that looks human
  • Options
    cathcatcathcat Posts: 388
    Forum Member
    FearFactor wrote: »
    Some others that have been mentioned such as After Henry & Sorry.

One I would very much like to see again is Brush Strokes, especially as we no longer see Karl Howman in the adverts for Flash!

Would also like to see Five Children and It, Heartbreak High, and a show I cannot recall the name of but remember it starred Adam Faith & Zoe Wanamaker, might have had Heart in the name.

The Zoe Wanamaker/Adam Faith show was called Love Hurts, shown early 90's, I think.
  • Options
    Angela FAngela F Posts: 3,180
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Programmes I would like to see repeated are:

Bread - 90's comedy
    Housecall - 90's BBC DIY/cookery show shown daily Monday-Friday mornings
    Within These Walls - 70's ITV drama series about a women's prison (starred Googie Withers as the prison governor)
  • Options
    gerry dgerry d Posts: 12,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I know Bread was on the channel Gold recently.I don't know if they are still showing it.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No wonder I've not seen the repeats then - I don't have access to Gold! Can only get the terrestrial channels and Freeview at the moment as I can't afford satellite and cable is unable where I live.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Sorry, my last post should have read "cable is unavailable where I live".
  • Options
    BuboBubo Posts: 110
    Forum Member
    Has anyone said Oh No, It's Selwyn Froggitt! yet?
  • Options
    hotdiggity1hotdiggity1 Posts: 1,448
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    The Man from Atlantis, to my knowledge never been re run since it was shown in 1978.

Sky showed The Man From Atlantis although I think it was in the cable days

Like most Watch With Mother Andy Pandy was shot on film so no tapes to wear out.
    And as there was a couple of VHS releases its strange we've had nothing on dvd not even the colour episodes.

WWM compilations are well over due