Rooney, The White Pele ?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,345
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    Wayne Rooney is a great player.

Yep who had a poor World Cup, just like majority of England's players.

The only players I can think of who did well are David James and Ashley Cole.

Rooney is still steps below Messi and Ronaldo.
  • Options
    VellumVellum Posts: 6,825
    Forum Member
    Soundburst wrote: »
    Let me settle this:

To someone who watches football for 2 weeks every 2 years (or only watched him playing injured this summer) he's poor.

To people who watch football every week - they see how great he is.

Wow, you are so superior.

I watch football 3 or 4 times a week during the season, and he did not want to know today, he has not wanted to know all WC.
  • Options
    SegaGodSegaGod Posts: 1,692
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    If you play good in the premiership=world class player

english ppl lol
  • Options
    roidboy_roidboy_ Posts: 1,138
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    SegaGod wrote: »
    If you play good in the premiership=world class player

english ppl lol

:D....
  • Options
    SoundburstSoundburst Posts: 13,195
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I believe the thread discussion should have ended at my last post.

It's factual. People who don't watch football on a weekly basis have no right to talk about a players quality - they only have the right to talk about performances in the 4 games they've seen of an injured player.
  • Options
    Cantona07Cantona07 Posts: 56,910
    Forum Member
    Vellum wrote: »
    Wow, you are so superior.

I watch football 3 or 4 times a week during the season, and he did not want to know today, he has not wanted to know all WC.

He is only superior because he says things that make him so.

I have watched Rooney dictate games and score 30+ goals this season. He has league medals, cup medals and CL medals. If it makes you feel better to dismiss him as **** then thats fine, i'll take him being **** for another 8 years and he can win more domestic medals and lift more cups. You can continue to dismiss him as a bad player if it makes you feel better.
  • Options
    Forum Member

It's factual. People who don't watch football on a weekly basis have no right to talk about a players quality - they only have the right to talk about performances in the 4 games they've seen of an injured player.

I watch football week in week out, and not on TV, Rooney did not want to know and is a disgrace, where do you watch football? On the telly?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Cantona07 wrote: »
    He is only superior because he says things that make him so.

I have watched Rooney dictate games and score 30+ goals this season. He has league medals, cup medals and CL medals. If it makes you feel better to dismiss him as **** then thats fine, i'll take him being **** for another 8 years and he can win more domestic medals and lift more cups. You can continue to dismiss him as a bad player if it makes you feel better.

On the telly?

Another plastic manc with a big mouth, always shouting the odds on here, Sky Sports bighead :o

Where you from, Salford?
  • Options
    irishmikeeirishmikee Posts: 4,259
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let me settle this:

To someone who watches football for 2 weeks every 2 years (or only watched him playing injured this summer) he's poor.

To people who watch football every week - they see how great he is.

Quoted for truth.
  • Options
    DirtyBarrySpeedDirtyBarrySpeed Posts: 1,561
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Rooney has been shockingly poor for more than 4 games for England. When was the last time this alleged 'top 3' player had a good game in an England shirt?

People who don't watch football on a weekly basis have every right to to talk about Rooney's lack of quality in the the World Cup.
  • Options
    DUNDEEBOYDUNDEEBOY Posts: 110,077
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    irishmikee wrote: »
    Wayne had an awful tournament, no question of that. He was pathetic throughout. But he went in not 100% fit and spiralled downwards from there. He is still top3 best players in the world.

So there are is only 1 other player apart from Messi better than Rooney on the planet:D

I have nothing against Rooney but he has never done significant at the higher tournament levels of international football. I know he scored twice against Croatia 6 years ago.

However he is too slow and too overweight for the highest level of international football
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Yes - performance in the world cup.

I've read constant dirge from people who don't even know what football is today calling him rubbish - saying the United he's rubbish and relies on faster supporting players and saying he has no quality!

It's genuinely embaressing.
  • Options
    sn_22sn_22 Posts: 6,477
    Forum Member
    Rooney's last 4 games have been in an England shirt and he's been rubbish. Totally useless.

His next for games are in a Manchester United shirt in August. Let's see what happens...
  • Options
    Forum Member

I've read constant dirge from people who don't even know what football is today calling him rubbish - saying the United he's rubbish and relies on faster supporting players and saying he has no quality!

How many Manchester United matches do you go to a season?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,255
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The last time Rooney played well for England was in a Nike ad
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Vellum wrote: »
    How many Manchester United matches do you go to a season?

Every single one. I also attend Rooneys dinner parties and I also clean fergusons shoes at the weekends.

ALL of this of course obviously contributes to Rooneys (sensational) form throughout the year and is thus deeply fundental to the argument at hand ...
  • Options
    gomezzgomezz Posts: 44,644
    Forum Member
    He was, wasn't he? I would have hooked him off at half-time for Crouch, with Cole on for Barry with Gerrard dropping back.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,853
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AstraZen wrote: »
    Oh boo hoo....you fickle lot....your own fault for placing the hopes of the nation on his shoulders, he is a brilliant player, too much shit around him playing long ball instead of ball to feet, no technique AT ALL with the English players. He has not been fully fit since the Munich game. The manager should not have played him on that alone.

The England team play the ball as if it is on fire, even Alergia have better technique than England in holding and passing the ball!! But to blame it on Rooney? Give over....you're havin a laugh!!!! Upson-shit, Terry-Shit, Barry-shit, Johnson-Shit (at defending, which is what he should do Lampard-Shit (unless he has 3 players behind him like at Chelsea)...the whole tournerment was a shambles for England!!

No no, it was most certainly NOT me (as a die hard Liverpool fan :p) placing England's hopes on him, in fact I would laugh when people called him the best player in the world (United fans) and called for him to prove me wrong this world cup. He didn't, he was clearly not the best player in the world, or team, and was pretty much the worst.

You're telling off people for blaming Rooney whilst blaming EVERYONE else on the England team for why he was sh*t :D
    See the irony in that? Terry was good against Slovenia, Lampard alright today, Barry good against Algeria...name me ONE match where Rooney was good?

I know he had an injury but he scuffed every chance he got. And he got a fair few in the last three matches.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 407
    Forum Member
    not even close....
  • Options
    tauran_shammytauran_shammy Posts: 5,847
    Forum Member
    irishmikee wrote: »
    Wayne had an awful tournament, no question of that. He was pathetic throughout. But he went in not 100% fit and spiralled downwards from there. He is still top3 best players in the world.

lol your havin a laugh mate.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Well that's clearly untrue, United have no faster supporting players, they rely entirely on Rooney :D:p

Rooney was amazing for United this season, and abysmal for England this campaign. Calling him amazing still is as bad as calling him abysmal, as his latest matches show otherwise. He has the potential to be amazing again and is a great player, but judging on current performance fans are within their rights to criticise him; Gerrard et al get it daily (the 'club form' comments). What exempts Rooney from them?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,051
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Pele turned up for World Cups, so there's one difference.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

I understand where you are coming from and what you're trying to say, and it's a fair point. But please try to be less patronising, its rude :cool:

Just out of interest, do you feel the same way about Torres and his performance this World Cup? Or are you a little bit biased :p
  • Options
    Robbedin73Robbedin73 Posts: 7,859
    Forum Member
    you could say Rooney is not in the class of Cryuff,(Who never won a World cup ) Muller ,Maradona, Pele in fact i would say he does not even come close judging by his last 4 Performances , and if he was Not fullu fit he should not have played , so there is No argument, there, no doubt the Red brigade wont agree but they are the facts am afraid :(
  • Options
    rhynoGBrhynoGB Posts: 4,278
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    rooney is world class but he didn't seem bothered in the W/C,the team should have been built around him,dam i'm depressed:(