Doc Martin (Part 6 — Spoilers)

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,034
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    whale wrote: »
    great storyline GS keep them coming.

Would love to see MC in spandex and sequins, he did say he was a very good dancer at the Born Free get together. He should be good at rock and roll as he jokes around a lot in the opening segments of MBB. Come on Marty show us your moves and CC too!!! We should inundate SCC with our suggestions...

I'm a real sucker for evening dress,they look sooo smart & elegant ;) so would love to see him do the waltz or foxtrot, think the tall men usually do better in those than the latin too :cool::)

Glad you're liking the story :) Has anyone had any problems accessing my stuff on fanfic - there may be a bit of a glitch, don't want to upload anything more till I'm sure it's ok :confused::confused:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 616
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

Glad you're liking the story :) Has anyone had any problems accessing my stuff on fanfic - there may be a bit of a glitch, don't want to upload anything more till I'm sure it's ok :confused::confused:

Nope - only when I visit Cornwall then you have to balance on one leg ad hang out of the upstairs window but then that's not your fault - I just get a kick out of doing it :):) or rather the 3 coverage is crap!!

I feel like LG in some of your raunchier chapters - lots of begging involved to get that extra chapter loaded:o:o:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,364
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a real sucker for evening dress,they look sooo smart & elegant ;) so would love to see him do the waltz or foxtrot, think the tall men usually do better in those than the latin too :cool::)

Only that I was looking for 'the story continues' the other day and it didn't come up on the main DM page so I had to click on your username to find it that way.

EDIT: Igonore me, I've looked at the ones that are missing and they are all the ones that have explicit bits. I must have some kind of setting somewhere that blocks a certain rating.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sendibo wrote: »
    Only that I was looking for 'the story continues' the other day and it didn't come up on the main DM page so I had to click on your username to find it that way.

EDIT: Igonore me, I've looked at the ones that are missing and they are all the ones that have explicit bits. I must have some kind of setting somewhere that blocks a certain rating.

I think you'll find that anything rated 'M', the mature 'raunchier' stuff, has to be actually selected by the user in the 'rated' box at the top of the story section so that no one can say that they were offended by seeing it by mistake.:o:o

Hopefully all is OK with fanfic then, it's just it's showing no traffic for my stories at all for the last couple of days - maybe just a problem with the traffic feature. Don't want to spend time putting stuff up if no one's reading it :eek::mad:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 341
    Forum Member

I've not had any problems, but I receive a link in my email box when you post, so this might bypass any problems that those without a fanfic account might have in accessing your updates. Hanging out for your next update, so don't let glitches stop you from updating please :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sunanglais wrote: »
    Nope - only when I visit Cornwall then you have to balance on one leg ad hang out of the upstairs window but then that's not your fault - I just get a kick out of doing it :):) or rather the 3 coverage is crap!!

I feel like LG in some of your raunchier chapters - lots of begging involved to get that extra chapter loaded:o:o:)

I'm giggling to myself as I I have a wonderful picture in my mind of you hanging out of the window with a lap top in your hand, admiring the wonderful Cornish scenery at the same time:):D Mind you we have to do much the same here at home to get any kind of signal from Orange, the neighbours get to hear a lot of the conversation as you hang out of the bedroom window :o
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    ozfan18 wrote: »
    I've not had any problems, but I receive a link in my email box when you post, so this might bypass any problems that those without a fanfic account might have in accessing your updates. Hanging out for your next update, so don't let glitches stop you from updating please :)

Good to know:) I'm working on a new chapter, but I'm meant to be at home to do decorating this week :( I may just have to sneak off ....
    That'll teach me to moan about the hot weather - it's raining today, but at least my brain works slightly better when it's a bit cooler :)

Perhaps MM or TC can come up with a nice new story too:):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Good to know:) I'm working on a new chapter, but I'm meant to be at home to do decorating this week :( I may just have to sneak off ....
    That'll teach me to moan about the hot weather - it's raining today, but at least my brain works slightly better when it's a bit cooler :)

Perhaps MM or TC can come up with a nice new story too:):)

Decorating - not fun! I need to do our place too. Have you ever noticed in Doc Martin how often Louisa's bedroom decor changes? Each series the bed is in a different place, the colour of the room is different, and so is the bedding. Particularly when you compare the bedroom scene from her dream sequence of falling into the earth and the red bedroom of series 3. She obviously must like decorating :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Decorating - not fun! I need to do our place too. Have you ever noticed in Doc Martin how often Louisa's bedroom decor changes? Each series the bed is in a different place, the colour of the room is different, and so is the bedding. Particularly when you compare the bedroom scene from her dream sequence of falling into the earth and the red bedroom of series 3. She obviously must like decorating :)

Yes, thought her red decor was pretty bold, especially with the printed wallpaper too - guess when you're single like her character, you can have whatever you like:p I quite often pause the dvd to look more closely, at DM's bedroom too :o. The sequence after Louisa has dumped him and he's in his bedroom taking his tie off (not wearing his suit jacket for a change;)), the background is interesting - how many clocks can you have in a bedroom, hopefully they are not all ticking at once - would drive you mad:eek:
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 4,874
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Probably displacement activity:p;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Yes, thought her red decor was pretty bold, especially with the printed wallpaper too - guess when you're single like her character, you can have whatever you like:p I quite often pause the dvd to look more closely, at DM's bedroom too :o. The sequence after Louisa has dumped him and he's in his bedroom taking his tie off (not wearing his suit jacket for a change;)), the background is interesting - how many clocks can you have in a bedroom, hopefully they are not all ticking at once - would drive you mad:eek:

Have you also noticed they both have the same style wooden bedhead? Probably use the same bed when filming in either bedroom scene, just change the decor of the room to suit.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Or the opposite - she can't be bothered to redecorate when she moves house and buys appropriate bedding to match the colour of the room. She moved house somewhere between On the Edge and series 3. I'm not sure if her On the Edge house was the same as series two or not... might have to go back and watch again :D

EDIT: Yes, I think she was in the same house until series three.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3,688
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Hopefully all is OK with fanfic then, it's just it's showing no traffic for my stories at all for the last couple of days - maybe just a problem with the traffic feature. Don't want to spend time putting stuff up if no one's reading it :eek::mad:

It's showing no traffic for my stories either for the last 2 days so it's probably them.
    I'll go and see if there's anything on any of their forums. Back in a mo.:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    fanfiction.net has over 18,000 forums in the 'general' category. I tried searching but didn't find anything relevant.:(
    TC, have you had any story traffic since Sunday?

In fact, it must be them as I didn't have time to read your new chapter until last night, GS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    madmother wrote: »
    It's showing no traffic for my stories either for the last 2 days so it's probably them.
    I'll go and see if there's anything on any of their forums. Back in a mo.:)
    fanfiction.net has over 18,000 forums in the 'general' category. I tried searching but didn't find anything relevant.:(

In fact, it must be them as I didn't have time to read your new chapter until last night, GS.

Ah rightie, thanks so much for that, not just me then:rolleyes: I have emailed their support, but not had an answer, but looking back on the homepage looks like it has happened before. So now I'm not going to worry about it any more:D
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 455
    Forum Member
    Hadn't noticed the clocks. Now a reason to go back and watch that one again!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    MrsWindy1 wrote: »
    Hadn't noticed the clocks. Now a reason to go back and watch that one again!

The more you look, the more clocks you see - he has one on an odd place by the window in the kitchen at some point - I think the inference being that he has had lots of 'time' on his hands in the past to spend on his hobby :( Of course a baby changes all that - no spare time at all I imagine for S5. Think the set dressers are actually very clever - that's why I like pausing it to look especially in the bedrooms - could just be that I'm a nosey cow :o. Wasn't much to see in S4 though:mad: and he spent his spare time trying to overcome his blood thing so no more clocks

ozfan18 likes looking in the bedrooms too, so it's not just me;):p - well don't we all:cool::o;)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The more you look, the more clocks you see - he has one on an odd place by the window in the kitchen at some point - I think the inference being that he has had lots of 'time' on his hands in the past to spend on his hobby :( Of course a baby changes all that - no spare time at all I imagine for S5. Think the set dressers are actually very clever - that's why I like pausing it to look especially in the bedrooms - could just be that I'm a nosey cow :o. Wasn't much to see in S4 though:mad: and he spent his spare time trying to overcome his blood thing so no more clocks

ozfan18 likes looking in the bedrooms too, so it's not just me;):p

Ahh, but it isn't nosy if it's fictional characters ;) It's not like DM is going to come and growl at you to mind your own business (and that's probably a good thing :rolleyes:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Ah rightie, thanks so much for that, not just me then:rolleyes: I have emailed their support, but not had an answer, but looking back on the homepage looks like it has happened before. So now I'm not going to worry about it any more:D

You're welcome. :):)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    sendibo wrote: »
    Ahh, but it isn't nosy if it's fictional characters ;) It's not like DM is going to come and growl at you to mind your own business (and that's probably a good thing :rolleyes:)

I like to think that the behind the scenes folk who spend ages setting it all up would be glad that we notice all the little details. I keep pausing it to look at the collage of photos that Louisa has by her settee in her new cottage in S4 - looks like a goodbye present from her pupils from when she left Cornwall to go to London to me - lots of children in green uniform - which is what Portwenn School is.:):) What do you think?:confused::confused:
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I like to think that the behind the scenes folk who spend ages setting it all up would be glad that we notice all the little details. I keep pausing it to look at the collage of photos that Louisa has by her settee in her new cottage in S4 - looks like a goodbye present from her pupils from when she left Cornwall to go to London to me - lots of children in green uniform - which is what Portwenn School is.:):) What do you think?:confused::confused:

I think it probably was, I vaguely remember it but haven't looked at it closely. I remember in her series three house she had a child's drawing on the wall, but I don't tend to stop and look at the decor. I'm more interested in the characters and their lines. Often I'll stop and replay a line a few times while I think about the significance of it, and in fanfiction I often read certain sentences again and think about them. Also I like to think about what the characters (well, DM and LG) are thinking in certain scenes.
    Saying that, I often pause and look at the views because they are beautiful :)
  • Options
    TantraceciliaTantracecilia Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

No traffic in my stories since sunday......

Clocks?..decor....i guess the only items on the sets i have notice are the golden buddah and that weird hot pepper shaped lights LG has over her bed on series 3 ...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    Glad to know I'm not the only one interested in the details. Things I've wondered about:
    - Did I miss an explanation of why Louisa moved from the upstairs apartment to the place across the harbour from the surgery (Season 3)?
    - Why, oh why does the pharmacy keep changing locations? Or are they shooting it from different perspectives? I don't think so...
    - The back story on the golden Buddha. Thanks to those who have incorporated that into your fan fics.

hmmmm.... There were more.... some of my favorite details are actually from the virtual season four scripts. :o One that comes to mind was the little mother of pearl clock that Martin made for Louisa - intended as a wedding gift. Lovely idea.

On a totally different topic, which episode included Martin walking in on his Aunt Joan and the much younger painter? How have I missed that one all this time?

The Miss Marple episode ("the Blue Geranium") with Caroline Catz aired here this past weekend. I was so suprised to see her. Nicely done. Good to see her in other things. We don't get the other British series she's been in.
  • Options
    TantraceciliaTantracecilia Posts: 2,935
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    edmond76 wrote: »
    Glad to know I'm not the only one interested in the details. Things I've wondered about:
    - Did I miss an explanation of why Louisa moved from the upstairs apartment to the place across the harbour from the surgery (Season 3)?
    - Why, oh why does the pharmacy keep changing locations? Or are they shooting it from different perspectives? I don't think so...
    - The back story on the golden Buddha. Thanks to those who have incorporated that into your fan fics.

hmmmm.... There were more.... some of my favorite details are actually from the virtual season four scripts. :o One that comes to mind was the little mother of pearl clock that Martin made for Louisa - intended as a wedding gift. Lovely idea.

On a totally different topic, which episode included Martin walking in on his Aunt Joan and the much younger painter? How have I missed that one all this time?

The Miss Marple episode ("the Blue Geranium") with Caroline Catz aired here this past weekend. I was so suprised to see her. Nicely done. Good to see her in other things. We don't get the other British series she's been in.

I think the only time we have an explanation on why LG change house is on S4, before that .....we don't know ....just change and my theory is that they do it based on the free cotages they find every year of filming (the only one that never change is DM's house) or depends on how much we can see of her home, in S1 and S2 ....we barely see some insides of her house one or two episodes, very short scenes ....but S3 we almost lived at LG's home......so they got a very nice and girly place......

the pharmacy change for the same reason I think they change LG's houses......in season 2 we see a lot of the pharmacy, in S4 ...some scenes and that's it ....

you're welcome about The Buddha, that thing kept me awake a few nights thinking on a good explanation on why it was so important

the episode with the afair of Auntie Joan with Edward the painter ...is S3E4

mmmhhh....the internet gods upload that Miss Marple episode, I'm thinking on download it .....just because I LOVE CC and Miss Marple :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Thought I'd found a link to watch The Blue Geranium, but it won't work in the UK :mad: Bit weird that it's shown in the US before here as it an ITV1 program - must be to do with making money as ever :(
This discussion has been closed.