Options

In the closet gay celebs! Who are they?

Comments

• Options
    PADDY75PADDY75 Posts: 785
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Blamhappy2 wrote: »
    I've read this a few times on here and wonder where it comes from. Is it wishful thinking?

I get the feeling that people question her sexuality due to the dubious nature of the relationships with the men in her life since she has been famous. Ashley very much rumoured to be a gay man. Will I Am a noted womaniser but apparently with some gay rumours attached. Dancer boy Derek who cannot for the life of him seem to escape the gay tag. All these men and her alignment with them has in some way pushed her career and popularity from the strength to strength. For me I would say her lack of chemistry with any of these men especially her husband is to me incredibly bizarre. I do not get an asexual vibe from her either as many do. She could well be taken just not with who her pr people have paired her up with for public consumption.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,301
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Robbie Williams.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2,232
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PADDY75 wrote: »
    I get the feeling that people question her sexuality due to the dubious nature of the relationships with the men in her life since she has been famous. Ashley very much rumoured to be a gay man. Will I Am a noted womaniser but apparently with some gay rumours attached. Dancer boy Derek who cannot for the life of him seem to escape the gay tag. All these men and her alignment with them has in some way pushed her career and popularity from the strength to strength. For me I would say her lack of chemistry with any of these men especially her husband is to me incredibly bizarre. I do not get an asexual vibe from her either as many do. She could well be taken just not with who her pr people have paired her up with for public consumption.
    I see what you mean. She had boyfriends before fame though. They seem to have been fairly heavy relationships.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 7,770
    Forum Member
    I work in the meedja and you would be amazed how many gays & lesbians actors, presenters and back room people there are. It is great working with so many different types of people - hopefully this won't just be acceptable in the media but everywhere in a few years.:)

If you want to play romantic leads it is difficult to be out because whereas it is acceptable for straight people to "play" gays and lesbians. Directors and Producers are reluctant to do the reverse if the person is "out". It's ok when you reach a certain age but it is much more difficult for young 'out' actors & actresses. Great thing about the industry is the fact that people maintain confidentiality about personal things of this nature.:)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 351
    Forum Member
    methodyguy wrote: »
    When one sees all the hatred and homophobia that gay people face in their every day lives especially in the 21st century I do not blame people for not wanting to "come out".
    Oh please.. hatred? Homophobia maybe? Hatred is people being killed in their thousands by regimes in Africa, Kurds being gassed in Iraq and no one doing anything about it. Persecution in the Balkan states and in many other countries. Coming out of a closet is certainly a personal choice but whilst there are people who react in a preducial way these `stars´are cosseted anyway and certainly free from the kind of rubbish spouted in here.
    Nobu out! :)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    OFFCENTRE wrote: »
    I work in the meedja and you would be amazed how many gays & lesbians actors, presenters and back room people there are. It is great working with so many different types of people - hopefully this won't just be acceptable in the media but everywhere in a few years.:)

If you want to play romantic leads it is difficult to be out because whereas it is acceptable for straight people to "play" gays and lesbians. Directors and Producers are reluctant to do the reverse if the person is "out". It's ok when you reach a certain age but it is much more difficult for young 'out' actors & actresses. Great thing about the industry is the fact that people maintain confidentiality about personal things of this nature.:)

C'mon. Spill some goss ;)
  • Options
    Bonny1Bonny1 Posts: 8,502
    Forum Member
    I'm beginning to wonder about the relationship between Kelly Brook, and that guy Danii Capriati, the rugby guy...

Every photo ever taken of them, he looked desperately miserable.... she was beaming like a looney... they've now split (no surprises there) and she's in Barbados, still beaming like a looney.. not upset or even a wee tad down.. and it got me thinking... that this whole relationship was a celebrity front.... it was never real.... all a cover for him..

but it's just my thoughts....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,161
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Britgirl wrote: »
    I heard from someone years ago who worked for the BBC said a famous tennis player was bi, although I wasn't sure if it was true.

male, female? can you give a cryptic clue at least? (am a tennis fan!)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I see what you mean. She had boyfriends before fame though. They seem to have been fairly heavy relationships.

Yes, deffo. Truly thought her and her curvaceous bandmate seemed closer than close. She did a radio interview I think for Myspace or something like that last year July or August. Apparently over 50 percent of fan questions sent in were asking about if there was or at least insinuating there was romantical connection between her and sexy bandmate. This did not please her pr folk as the questions were not just 'aww the girls are such cute bff's' type thing. How spot on this story is we'll never know as this info was supposedly passed from somone who worked at that radio stn. What I do know for sure is there has always been a strong section of GA fans who have long suspected that these two are together.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,743
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    OFFCENTRE wrote: »
    If you want to play romantic leads it is difficult to be out because whereas it is acceptable for straight people to "play" gays and lesbians. Directors and Producers are reluctant to do the reverse if the person is "out". It's ok when you reach a certain age but it is much more difficult for young 'out' actors & actresses

This is changing now. Thankfully!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    PADDY75 wrote: »
    Yes, deffo. Truly thought her and her curvaceous bandmate seemed closer than close. She did a radio interview I think for Myspace or something like that last year July or August. Apparently over 50 percent of fan questions sent in were asking about if there was or at least insinuating there was romantical connection between her and sexy bandmate. This did not please her pr folk as the questions were not just 'aww the girls are such cute bff's' type thing. How spot on this story is we'll never know as this info was supposedly passed from somone who worked at that radio stn. What I do know for sure is there has always been a strong section of GA fans who have long suspected that these two are together.
    Hmmm. I take in what you're saying, but I mean at uni I shared my friend's bed nearly every night and we were extremely close. Truth is, though, we were just friends. Girls just do get incredibly close I think, but I'm more than willing to believe it's possible. I mean, why not? I wonder...
  • Options
    SpotlightSpotlight Posts: 165
    Forum Member
    MRS W wrote: »
    Robbie Williams.

I'll second that.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,333
    Forum Member
    Inside source at Legally Blonde says that Duncan James is camp as a row of tents!!
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Emzie21 wrote: »
    Inside source at Legally Blonde says that Duncan James is camp as a row of tents!!
    lol is he with anyone?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 9,333
    Forum Member
    lol is he with anyone?

I don't know lol, don't think so. I've seen the show though and he does play the manly Warner very well and he's always been this teen girl fantasy heartthrob so I was genuinely shocked when my actor friend told me!! TPT is his beard apparently!! lol
  • Options
    Paper DollPaper Doll Posts: 3,398
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Duncan James came out as bisexual some time ago so is not in the closet.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Well, he and TPT seem to push the togetherness rumour while denying it and rolling eyes at the suggestion. I've always taken it from that that they want us to think they do a bit more than friends do. I didn't know he'd come out as bi.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13,587
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    gentleguy wrote: »
    you were im so sorry he passed away you must have been very sad, i felt so sorry for the poor guy.

Yes - it was a tragedy that shouldn't have happened. He was a great guy.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,742
    Forum Member
    Emzie21 wrote: »

He's not in the closet.
    http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/xs/402391/Blues-Duncan-James-I-have-flings-with-men.html

I think Joe Mcelderry is in the closet though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Ronan Keating?! I really don't think so.

Ashley Cole too, it's very unlikely that he's gay considering how many affairs he has had with women.
  • Options
    EejitEejit Posts: 4,253
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No way is Joe McElderry gay. That guy is straight as an arrow - he told us himself in that front page interview in the Sun, the day after winning X Factor, remember. :)

I wonder who the gay boybander is that Holy Moly is referring to in their mailout? :confused:
  • Options
    fjiffjif Posts: 1,613
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Kevin Spacey.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 180
    Forum Member
    Eejit wrote: »
    No way is Joe McElderry gay. That guy is straight as an arrow - he told us himself in that front page interview in the Sun, the day after winning X Factor, remember. :)

I wonder who the gay boybander is that Holy Moly is referring to in their mailout? :confused:

My guess is JB from JLS.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Hels wrote: »
    My guess is JB from JLS.

I thought he was gay from the beginning (when I first saw him on X Factor). I told my friends & they were like no he's definitely straight. Hmmm.
    Eejit wrote: »

This thread is about being in the closet. ;)
  • Options
    ThaGazBoiThaGazBoi Posts: 15,518
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    JB from JLS was rumoured to be gay when X Factor was first on; as was the little one (I always forget his name- Astin?).
This discussion has been closed.