Options

Most Missed Axed TV Show

Comments

• Options
    RebelScumRebelScum Posts: 16,008
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Glenn A wrote: »
    Lucy Lawless, nice, if you like your women muscular. Actually it was a fine series and combined martial arts with fantasy.

Xena a muscular woman? nah.

This is Xena

http://api.ning.com/files/sbS3oDiupKAqs23NcqUsTOwYN0nyS6Cv7ANcptFAiXhQpI1xkrZjtdBJP-gHOC*iO2aXRvvzaehPegDDmRHlZamWx-oDoxJK/xena.jpg

and this is a muscular woman,

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m18/chrisphotonic/muscle_woman.jpg
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 614
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    I am the only one that loved FlashForward? Maybe.
    Firefly was underpromoted I didn't hear about it till it was axed. Nathan Fillion is fab, he was great in Buffy.
    I can't understand why Survivors was axed when it just started to get good.
  • Options
    LostFoolLostFool Posts: 90,663
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    BibaNova wrote: »
    I am the only one that loved FlashForward? Maybe.
    Firefly was underpromoted I didn't hear about it till it was axed. Nathan Fillion is fab, he was great in Buffy.
    I can't understand why Survivors was axed when it just started to get good.

Didn't "love" Flashforward but thought it had a huge amount of potential. All it needed was some minor tweaks in staff, writers and producers and it could have become something great.

Firefly - words cannot describe what a travesty of a decision that was.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 44
    Forum Member
    I enjoyed BBC's Strange starring Richard Coyle. I felt that it never fully developed, but I think it could have been a blinder given more time.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cult/strange/
  • Options
    DarthchaffinchDarthchaffinch Posts: 7,558
    Forum Member
    Airwolf
  • Options
    TrumpyTrumpy Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    duplicate post
  • Options
    TrumpyTrumpy Posts: 88
    Forum Member
    Another vote for Firefly!

Also would have liked to have seen more of Studio 60 On The Sunset
  • Options
    Glenn AGlenn A Posts: 23,877
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    RebelScum wrote: »

Should I say a well honed woman, then, as you'd expect for a martial arts whizz.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    Been well said, but Firefly has to come back.

I missed the original run then bought the boxset and loved every episode how it never got a new series when the likes of Smallville go on forever.....
  • Options
    Stone FreeStone Free Posts: 1,029
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    My most missed axed show is American Gothic, although if the USA channels had shown them in the correct order that would have helped.

Thankfully Channel 4 used the correct order!
  • Options
    QuantumLeapQuantumLeap Posts: 706
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Quantum Leap
  • Options
    musicdudemusicdude Posts: 8,939
    Forum Member
    Samantha who was pretty decent. Aint seen season two though. They messed the schedules up so bad that the ratings went down, so it wasn't the show it's self that led to cancellation.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 379
    Forum Member
    Alias - although it kinda went downhill when Jennifer Garner got pregnant and could be in less and less of the show. So it was no surprise that it got axed.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 36
    Forum Member
    Trumpy wrote: »
    Also would have liked to have seen more of Studio 60 On The Sunset

I second this one. Although I recognise that by the end of its one season it had got pretty rubbish, I think this is mostly because they knew it had been axed so early on and spent the second half of the run madly tying up loose ends. It was never going to equal the West Wing but the characters and relationships had the potential to be much more finely drawn out than the caricatures they became towards the end.

The main problem, of course, was that the comedy show it was trying to portray wasn't very funny. I think it could have grown into that though. We will never know.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 5,196
    Forum Member
    Dark Angel was cruelly cut short just as a major storyline got underway and then the show that replaced it - Firefly - was also cancelled before it got going! Fox suck!

Also Dollhouse should have been given more support as it had so much potential although at least it was given a (semi) decent ending and (some) closure for its fans.
  • Options
    ben1993ben1993 Posts: 1,215
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    The O.C.! Although I am glad it finished before it became some awful former shadow of itself as many shows do
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Journeyman, Footballers Wives, Star Trek TNG, Survival
  • Options
    OGBOGB Posts: 9,229
    Forum Member
    Arrested Development. :(

Only an AD movie will make this sad situation better.

"Illusions Michael, tricks are something **** do for money... or candy" :o
  • Options
    scumcatscumcat Posts: 349
    Forum Member
    without a doubt Firefly, i would settle for a few more movies though;)
  • Options
    DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    For me i'd love to see the return of Firefly, Farscape, Sliders ( but not seasons 4 & 5 type material ), Las Vegas, Journeyman, New Amsterdam, Jericho, The Unit, Frasier and King Of Queens.
  • Options
    chinchinchinchin Posts: 125,854
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭✭
    Deccomajor wrote: »
    For me i'd love to see the return of Firefly, Farscape, Sliders ( but not seasons 4 & 5 type material ), Las Vegas, Journeyman, New Amsterdam, Jericho, The Unit, Frasier and King Of Queens.

I forgot Sliders! :)
  • Options
    originalboboriginalbob Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Ultraviolet-that vampire series from a few years ago which I think was on Channel 4.
  • Options
    originalboboriginalbob Posts: 117
    Forum Member
    Oh, and of course- Firefly!:cool:
  • Options
    DeccomajorDeccomajor Posts: 462
    Forum Member
    chinchin wrote: »
    I forgot Sliders! :)

Cannot believe it's 10 years since it ended, still love getting the DVD's out and rewatching it, pity it went a bit downhill after the 3 originals Jerry O'Connell, John Rhys-Davies and Sabina Lloyd left the show.