Options

Premier League 2010/11 Rights

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is how i understand it

Norway : TV2 has the rights, will show most of it live (all platforms, in HD/SD, 1x 24/7 premier league channel HD & 2x ocasional channels in HD) (5e & 1w)

Sweden: Viasat has all the rights, 380 games live, will provide the premier league channel in HD. Dont know yet if they'll have everything in HD but i guess they'll have the same as norway... (5e)

Denmark: SBS & the channel 6'eren has free-tv rights (on canal digital, 1w) Viasat/TV2 Sport has high-pay rights & will launch the premier league channel both in SD & HD on its satellite platform, this will show all games, but not everything live. (viasat, 5e)
  • Options
    SteSte Posts: 1,710
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    This is how i understand it

Norway : TV2 has the rights, will show most of it live (all platforms, in HD/SD, 1x 24/7 premier league channel HD & 2x ocasional channels in HD) (5e & 1w)

Sweden: Viasat has all the rights, 380 games live, will provide the premier league channel in HD. Dont know yet if they'll have everything in HD but i guess they'll have the same as norway... (5e)

Denmark: SBS & the channel 6'eren has free-tv rights (on canal digital, 1w) Viasat/TV2 Sport has high-pay rights & will launch the premier league channel both in SD & HD on its satellite platform, this will show all games, but not everything live. (viasat, 5e)

Thats the way I read it as well.

But it add to that -

Finland : Canal Digital have got the rights to the Premier League in Finland.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 31
    Forum Member
    Ste, I have a CDC5050 (SD only) Canal+ Norway receiver and sub.

Two questions:

1) Will I be able to pick up the TV2 Premier League channels (via Canal Digital, Thor 0.8W) using this SD receiver, obviously with a downscaled picture, or will I be forced to get a new, HD box?

2) Will the TV2 Premier League channels be on K1 beam (difficult in South West England) or K2 beam (not a problem!)

Thanks in advance for any info you might have...
  • Options
    DM72DM72 Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    Does anyone have any idea what the Premier League coverage will be like on Digital+ in Spain - how many 3pm kick offs will it have; will they have English commentary; how much does a sub cost; etc...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 57
    Forum Member
    prg594 wrote: »

Two questions:

1) Will I be able to pick up the TV2 Premier League channels (via Canal Digital, Thor 0.8W) using this SD receiver, obviously with a downscaled picture, or will I be forced to get a new, HD box?

2) Will the TV2 Premier League channels be on K1 beam (difficult in South West England) or K2 beam (not a problem!)

I'm picking up the TV2 Sports channels fine on a 60cm so you should be able to fine
  • Options
    snappysnapssnappysnaps Posts: 151
    Forum Member
    fergyc wrote: »
    I'm picking up the TV2 Sports channels fine on a 60cm so you should be able to fine

Where are you?? Im in Ireland using a 1.1m some TV2 Sports norway is ok, but some of the TV2 sports channels inclding TV2 HD is hit and miss.

TV2 denmark, seems stronger
  • Options
    pedro2000ukpedro2000uk Posts: 2,775
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    AD Sports are advertising less than £70 all English- All HD ... looks like it will be on BADR6 or AB4A for satellite (big - big dish stuff in the UK- we're working on it) or the internet (not HD).. £40
  • Options
    Forum Member
    AD Sports are advertising less than £70 all English- All HD ... looks like it will be on BADR6 or AB4A for satellite (big - big dish stuff in the UK- we're working on it) or the internet (not HD).. £40

Yeah a great price but doubt we will be able to get it here!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 434
    Forum Member
    Anyone aware of they are going to upscale 3pms then or does the FA really make the step for full EPL HD production?
  • Options
    John896John896 Posts: 145
    Forum Member
    Admc Sport have resumed their test on 26 East Badr 6,
    signal has gone up to 80% 8% more signal than last week.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Where are you?? Im in Ireland using a 1.1m some TV2 Sports norway is ok, but some of the TV2 sports channels inclding TV2 HD is hit and miss.

TV2 denmark, seems stronger

Northumberland, not picking up the HD stuff though.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Anyone aware of they are going to upscale 3pms then or does the FA really make the step for full EPL HD production?

Well I've heard Match of the Day is going to be HD soon so it looks likely
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,242
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Check the swedish ad for premier league... english with swedish subs & in the end the voice over say "the worlds best coverage on viasat"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-paOo8-_H5w

:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Check the swedish ad for premier league... english with swedish subs & in the end the voice over say "the worlds best coverage on viasat"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-paOo8-_H5w

:D

Great advert :D:D

To the person who asked about Digital +.

They have the rights shared with MediaPro. Both should have the same rights to the same games but I have seen rumours that they want to let Mediapro who run the GolTV channel 5 exclusive games in exchange for some of Mediapros Serie A rights.

This is just a rumour though and the relations between the two companies are not great at the moment.

They will have English coverage though but its not yet known how many 3PM they will show.

The cost for the basic package plus the Sports package is €38 but you may also need the C+ Liga package with is an extra €15. It all depends how D+ decide to split the games.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Two questions:

Hi

I cant answer all your questions, I dont have Canal Digital myself even.

However from what I have read alot of Canal Digital subscribers dont have HD so I cant see the making it HD only.

Perhaps someone who knows Canal Digital better would know the reasoning between which channels are on which beams. I can get TV2 Sport 1,2,3,4 but not TV2 Sport 5 which is on a different TP but according to Kingofsat is on the same beam.
  • Options
    seankkseankk Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    any news about Turkish Rights?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member
    any news on Nova Greece? They are said to have all 380 matches live, but have not heard anything in a long time. And, they do everything in SD.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6
    Forum Member

Two questions:

I have Canal Digital, so I can answer you.
    1) Canal Digital will only broadcast their 3 premier league channels in HD. Only! You need an HD box for sure.

2) No problems picking up the beems in UK.
  • Options
    DM72DM72 Posts: 237
    Forum Member
    How reliable are tvcorner.com for subscriptions?
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 13
    Forum Member
    DM72 wrote: »
    How reliable are tvcorner.com for subscriptions?

FIne for mine last season. Have support via Skype also which was handy when I couldn't get my card to initialise. Would use again - nice prices too.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    satttdude wrote: »

I have Canal Digital, so I can answer you.
    1) Canal Digital will only broadcast their 3 premier league channels in HD. Only! You need an HD box for sure.

2) No problems picking up the beems in UK.

Theres a seperate sub now for the TV2 EPL games. something like 299kr a month (32€)???
  • Options
    Manc-RedManc-Red Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Cyfra + HD for me boy's next season - Tring's PQ is abysmal to say the least & Darkidiot just can't be trusted.
  • Options
    fearonafearona Posts: 685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Tring are adding new TP's and Tring are advertising epl all the time on their channels now.
    Def have epl for next 3 years.
  • Options
    Manc-RedManc-Red Posts: 2,371
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Enjoy, 14 August is the kick off new season in one of the world's toughest leagues - Barclays Premier League.

Soccer Interested Canal Digital customers can follow the English TV series 2 Barclays Premiership HD. You will be sent material from the Premier League 24 hours a day with live appearances, English magazines and produced their own material from the TV 2 Sport - in HD quality. Over 300 of the season games broadcast in HD. It will also own studio broadcasts before, during the break and after the main fighting on Saturdays, Sundays and Mondays.

TV 2 Barclays Premier League HD costs 179 per month and consists of three HD channels. Get ready for 14 August and order already today. You must have an HD decoding or Card Reader (CAM) for IDTV and access to HD channels.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    fearona wrote: »
    Tring are adding new TP's and Tring are advertising epl all the time on their channels now.
    Def have epl for next 3 years.

That wont happen until at least September, more likely October as the new Eutelsat satellite hasn't launched yet to go to this problem matic position. Im finding the Tring channels very poor signal at times, even in good weather with a 1.1m dish. Supersport channels are fine though. Its all very strange whats going on at 16/15.8east??

I would say even though cards are not paired at the moment, theres a chance they will be when HD arrives, but dont trust Darkclown, ive been let down before with him and his promises.

Cyfra+HD/Polsat for me this year, great choice of HD channels and coverage of footie from all countrys.

Not going to bother with Al Jazeera either now, too much messing around upgrading/exchanging cards, cant be doing with it!

Going for the Cyfra+Multichannel (Canal+, Canal+film, Canal+ sports1-3, Film HD, Sports HD)
    Polsat relax mix, Near enough full package, excluding HBO/Filmbox.