Options

Show Humax your top 5 wish list items here

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 77
    Forum Member
    An option to have recordings delete automatically after a chosen number of days. For example, the choice could be:

A. 7 days
    B. 14 days
    C. 28 days
    D. 56 days
    E. Disabled (default)

There could be a preferences setting which would apply to all recordings, and also the option to override this on an individual recording basis at the time of scheduling and also retrospectively.

If the defaults were set to "disabled", it shouldn't upset anyone as it wouldn't change how things worked.

This would help greatly with clearing out old recordings that are probably never going to be watched.
  • Options
    tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    dj51 wrote: »
    An option to have recordings delete automatically after a chosen number of days. For example, the choice could be:

A. 7 days
    B. 14 days
    C. 28 days
    D. 56 days
    E. Disabled (default)

There could be a preferences setting which would apply to all recordings, and also the option to override this on an individual recording basis at the time of scheduling and also retrospectively.

If the defaults were set to "disabled", it shouldn't upset anyone as it wouldn't change how things worked.

This would help greatly with clearing out old recordings that are probably never going to be watched.

Or have an option to overwrite oldest (just like Tivo)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 30
    Forum Member
    There's only one thing I'm really after on my new 9150T.

Allow me to alter the recording times of a programme on series link without losing the link.

As much as I was fed up with TopUp TV's Thomson box they did at least offer you that functionality.
  • Options
    sugapunksugapunk Posts: 1,040
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I'd just like to see some of the Foxsat HDR functionality like playlists, so I can group all my movies together, all CSI episodes together etc. Currently going through a huge list of recordings on a 320gb HD is not ideal.

Don't understand why they have this functionality on their flagship Freesat box but not their flagship Freeview box (9300)
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 3
    Forum Member
    My grandparents have highlighted a missing feature for the 9300 and 9150:

- An indicator to show which programmes in the recordings list have been watched.
  • Options
    Max DemianMax Demian Posts: 1,642
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    xfield wrote: »
    My grandparents have highlighted a missing feature for the 9300 and 9150:

- An indicator to show which programmes in the recordings list have been watched.
    Could be difficult to define what is meant by 'watched' as you might just view a bit to see what it is like, or watch the whole programme but stop before the end commercials/trailers/padding.

I think if they did this I would want a simple (one button) way to set/reset the flag, and another easy way to say I had watched it but wanted to keep it for a bit - and then a way to delete all the watched programmes.
  • Options
    kevkev Posts: 21,076
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Max Demian wrote: »
    Could be difficult to define what is meant by 'watched' as you might just view a bit to see what it is like, or watch the whole programme but stop before the end commercials/trailers/padding.

I think if they did this I would want a simple (one button) way to set/reset the flag, and another easy way to say I had watched it but wanted to keep it for a bit - and then a way to delete all the watched programmes.

Easy - on Sky it says how much you've watched - just show a percent watched bar to the right....
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 2
    Forum Member
    EPG saved to HD and automatically updated as I get really fed up that it disappears every time I put the device into standby and it takes so long to repopulate.:(

I know this has been suggested before, but it is the ONE thing that would make my life easier and the 9200 so much better.
  • Options
    tdensontdenson Posts: 5,773
    Forum Member
    mmccaghrey wrote: »
    EPG saved to HD and automatically updated as I get really fed up that it disappears every time I put the device into standby and it takes so long to repopulate.:(

I know this has been suggested before, but it is the ONE thing that would make my life easier and the 9200 so much better.

I have had a 9200 for 3 years, and because of the EPG problem it has never been into standby once. Humax have a lot to answer for to the green community !
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 61
    Forum Member
    mmccaghrey wrote: »

Curiously, and I can't explain why, I don't find this such a problem as I did when I first bought my 9200. Perhaps one just adjusts to the way it is and, in any case, mine seems to populate fairly quickly now?

V
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Curiously, and I can't explain why, I don't find this such a problem as I did when I first bought my 9200. Perhaps one just adjusts to the way it is and, in any case, mine seems to populate fairly quickly now?
    Software updates since 1.00.06 have improved it, as now the EPG loads during playback.

Also while recording from standby and, usually, for fifteen minutes before a scheduled recording so if you switch from standby in these cases the EPG should already be there.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 8
    Forum Member
    The only missing feature I need on my 9300 is the ability to create folders/owners and allow me to choose which the recording goes into.. this would mean I could record post 9pm program and know the kids wont be watching them. Also it would mean I dont have to search through pages of CBBC programs to find my programs
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Why is the VCR input just a "pass-through"? I've got 3 other machines - Sony, Panasonic and Philips - and I can record from external sources on all of them. I thought before getting a Humax it would be a sophisticated machine. But the menus are reminiscient of a kid's playbook. Maybe I should partx the 9200 for 9300? Or are they all as basic?
  • Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    jasa125 wrote: »
    Why is the VCR input just a "pass-through"? Maybe I should partx the 9200 for 9300? Or are they all as basic?

Virtually all terrestrial PVRs are designed to record only the digital TV stream as received. This reduces costs and means that playback is of exactly the same quality as the orginal broacast. The 9300 is the same as the 9200 in this respect.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    Obviously I can't use it as a backup area, then. Oh well, Reorganisation reorganisation, I suppose!
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 87
    Forum Member
    What's been annoying me considerably lately (about my 9300) is the fact that when a series record has finished (the last episode in the series has been broadcast), the series record remains in your scheduled list and has to be manually deleted. Also, if a series episode isn't on for a couple of weeks (as happened with a few series over christmas), the series record breaks and it just sits there on the last one it recorded.
  • Options
    Martin LiddleMartin Liddle Posts: 3,243
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Fried Egg wrote: »
    What's been annoying me considerably lately (about my 9300) is the fact that when a series record has finished (the last episode in the series has been broadcast), the series record remains in your scheduled list and has to be manually deleted.
    It will be deleted after 13 weeks. The problem is that the Freeview+ specification doesn't include any method to signal to the PVR that the end of series has been reached.
    Fried Egg wrote: »
    Also, if a series episode isn't on for a couple of weeks (as happened with a few series over christmas), the series record breaks and it just sits there on the last one it recorded.
    That shouldn't happen. It may be the broadcasters getting it wrong. Can you quote specific examples?
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    It will be deleted after 13 weeks. The problem is that the Freeview+ specification doesn't include any method to signal to the PVR that the end of series has been reached.
    I would be happier if the Humax put temporarily unresolved series links at the end of the list rather than cluttering up the display at the top.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 92
    Forum Member
    I would be happier if the Humax put temporarily unresolved series links at the end of the list rather than cluttering up the display at the top.
    Personally I prefer them to appear at the top (at least the "by date" order remains consistent if they're at the top). They're easy to remove either way.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I find it annoying to be constantly reminded of a programme that is skipping a week.
  • Options
    mark165mark165 Posts: 133
    Forum Member
    I would like the ability to switch the EPG into a 'list view' where all the programs on a single channel are listed on one page.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    * Revert to saving the recording schedule when an Automatic Re-Tune is run. Since the May update for the 9200T the loss of the whole schedule during a re-tune is a real pain. Channels don't often move but if they do, I would rather have a couple of wrong entries than lose everything. The re-tune process could easily finish with a message advising "Please verify your Recording Schedule as channels may have been re-numbered or deleted" or words to that effect. In an ideal world the re-tune would re-map the scheduled recordings by comparing channel name as well as number but that may not be possible. At the very least the next version should warn the user that all schedules will be lost and give them an option to cancel!

* A screensaver function for listening to radio would be appreciated.

* In Programme search, add Sort abc to the sort options.
  • Options
    Force12Force12 Posts: 114
    Forum Member
    Not sure if this has been added yet but this is one of my main bugbears.

When watching a programme which is also recording, I am watching it 10 minutes 'later than live' (I paused it for example) and the programme finishes recording, the point at which I was watching is lost and the 9300T just displays the next programme.

It would be preferable if the end of file was written to the HD and the unit continued playing the channel albeit with the 10 minute 'delay' thereby not requiring me to have to select the recorded programme in the list and fast forward to the point I was at when the live programme finished.

Again apologies if this has been covered before. Unless I am being very dim and not using the box properly I can't believe it hasn't.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    * Revert to saving the recording schedule when an Automatic Re-Tune is run. Since the May update for the 9200T the loss of the whole schedule during a re-tune is a real pain...
    If the change is trivial, such as a new station, you can just do a manual tune on the relevant multiplex. If it's more major, such as Dave Ja Vu changing multiplex, then you probably have to do a full retune with deleting existing channels anyway.
    * In Programme search, add Sort abc to the sort options.
    Seconded.
  • Options
    wgmorgwgmorg Posts: 5,020
    Forum Member
    All that's needed is a deletion of the specific channels and rescan... ;)
    If the change is trivial, such as a new station, you can just do a manual tune on the relevant multiplex. If it's more major, such as Dave Ja Vu changing multiplex, then you probably have to do a full retune with deleting existing channels anyway.
    Seconded.