Options

Kate Garraway

ftvftv Posts: 31,668
Forum Member
✭✭✭
I read in the Mirror that Kate Garraway is to become ''entertainment editor'' next month when ITV's Daybreak is launched. I thought she had been given the elbow. Does this mean she will still be on the sofa from time to time conducting the usual sycophantic interviews or is it simply a backroom role ?

Comments

• Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 59
    Forum Member
    I, childishly thought I was going to open the forum post headed 'Kate Garraway', and be greeted with the initial thread message of 'you would wouldnt you?'
  • Options
    Desert RatDesert Rat Posts: 3,685
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Shes going to be Christine's cover I think. Its quite odd that given they want to pretty much eradicate GMTV yet they're keeping Kate who is about as associated with GMTV as you can get.

If they were to keep one of the leading females, they would have been best off with Helen Fospero who has been axed in favour of BBC3 60 Seconds girl.
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I, childishly thought I was going to open the forum post headed 'Kate Garraway', and be greeted with the initial thread message of 'you would wouldnt you?'

No I bloody well wouldn't! :D
  • Options
    NeladNelad Posts: 1,178
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    No I bloody well wouldn't! :D

I can't stand the woman - i'd rather have a wa*k (and it isn't a walk).
  • Options
    degsyhufcdegsyhufc Posts: 59,251
    Forum Member
    I would. There's just something about her that I find attractive.
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1275080/Kate-Garraway-ex-brought-boss.html
  • Options
    g-bhxug-bhxu Posts: 2,594
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Desert Rat wrote: »
    Shes going to be Christine's cover I think. Its quite odd that given they want to pretty much eradicate GMTV yet they're keeping Kate who is about as associated with GMTV as you can get.

If they were to keep one of the leading females, they would have been best off with Helen Fospero who has been axed in favour of BBC3 60 Seconds girl.

Her name is Tamsin Kahn

Here is a little something for you hot blooded males out there

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/3082604/Raunchy-secret-of-telly-news-girl-Tasmin-Khan.html
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 17,470
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    degsyhufc wrote: »
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-1275080/Kate-Garraway-ex-brought-boss.html

That reminds me - I must find somewhere to park my bike...
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 94
    Forum Member
    Nelad wrote: »

Well, I'd rather have a whelk.
  • Options
    goggledgoggled Posts: 1,751
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    stu531 wrote: »
    ..... rather have a whelk.

Down or up sizing:confused::D
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Nelad wrote: »

There are no woman you can't stand, who you want to bang :confused:
  • Options
    I love EllieI love Ellie Posts: 8,009
    Forum Member
    Kate Garraway.
    Mile, broken glass, shadow.
  • Options
    mattshentonmattshenton Posts: 2,812
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    i'd nail her over and over again.

prefer kate over bleakley anyday
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    horns wrote: »
    That reminds me - I must find somewhere to park my bike...

The pic reminded me I need to put a bet on at the 3.30 at Kempton tomorrow.
  • Options
    DanslinkDanslink Posts: 8,365
    Forum Member
    Metaphorical puke.
  • Options
    rob_bangorrob_bangor Posts: 618
    Forum Member
    ✭✭

second you on that one
  • Options
    Bedsit BobBedsit Bob Posts: 24,344
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Are you sure you don't mean a couple of things :confused::p
  • Options
    Hankers R DSHankers R DS Posts: 590
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Desert Rat wrote: »

Will that be when she announces she is pregnant then ;), my money is on her doing a Natasha Kerplunk, announce she is preggers and bugger of on maternity leave.
  • Options
    Bobby'sgirlBobby'sgirl Posts: 7,398
    Forum Member
    What is the latest of Kate threatening to QUIT Daybreak? I saw the headlines that she is thinking of leaving so soon after being made the Entertainment Editor.
  • Options
    Martin PhillpMartin Phillp Posts: 34,951
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    What is the latest of Kate threatening to QUIT Daybreak? I saw the headlines that she is thinking of leaving so soon after being made the Entertainment Editor.

It would be the best decision for all concerned. Kate has been tarnished with the GMTV tag and Daybreak needs to move on. While other ex GMTV staffers have seemed to adjusted quite easily, she looks out of place in her new role.
  • Options
    DVDfeverDVDfever Posts: 18,535
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    It would be the best decision for all concerned. Kate has been tarnished with the GMTV tag and Daybreak needs to move on. While other ex GMTV staffers have seemed to adjusted quite easily, she looks out of place in her new role.

I don't like her, but I wouldn't blame her if she left. If I'd been the main person on a TV show and got sidelined to do celebrity tat when my job had been taken over by another channel's flavour of the month, I'd be very pissed off. However, if they tank, and she stays on, they could reinstate her.
  • Options
    mossy2103mossy2103 Posts: 84,308
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    DVDfever wrote: »
    IHowever, if they tank, and she stays on, they could reinstate her.
    That would be reason enough to stick it out (unless another, more lucrative opportunity were to arise).
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I did think ITV was subjecting her to some kind of ritual humiliation by keeping her on. Then I read in the Daily Wail that the editor of Daybreak, Ian Rumsey, is her former husband:eek: If true it takes us (almost) back to the days of Fiona Phillips and Martin Frizzell, presenter and editor, and married couple.Most husbands I know wouldn't want their ex within miles