ITV2
Dannii Minogue : Style Queen
America's Got Talent
Britain's Got More Talent
Alex and Katie
Peter Andre
The Saturdays 24/7
Celebrity Juice

Seeing a pattern here Crozier? Your channels stand for low rent cheap throw away tat about flavour of the month celebrities. No drama, no interesting programming, just celebrity pandering, paying hundreds of thousands to people who are famous for no reason than being famous.

Its vapid.

Or then there is ITV3, the BBC content repeats channel.

Comments

• Options
    prkingprking Posts: 9,800
    Forum Member
    I think you've entirely missed the point of what Crozier was saying.
  • Options
    GaryWalkerGaryWalker Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    I'm in agreement with the OP here.

Crozier wants to make ITV PPV. I don't see how they can do that - who will actually PAY to watch Katie Price et al?

I know I wouldn't.

The only channels ITV have "right" IMO are ITV3 and ITV4.
  • Options
    red16vred16v Posts: 2,980
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prking wrote: »

Yes, you're quite right. ITV2 is the most successful digital only channel in the UK in terms of audience figures and income.
  • Options
    davedpgdavedpg Posts: 960
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Celebrity Juice is the best thing on ITV
  • Options
    ftvftv Posts: 31,668
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GaryWalker wrote: »
    I'm in agreement with the OP here.

Crozier wants to make ITV PPV. I don't see how they can do that - who will actually PAY to watch Katie Price et al?

I know I wouldn't.

The only channels ITV have "right" IMO are ITV3 and ITV4.

Viewers are already paying for ITV1 through advertising - where do you think the advertising money comes from. So it would be a double whammy with viewers effectively paying twice.
  • Options
    stevvy1986stevvy1986 Posts: 7,101
    Forum Member
    Adam Crozier admits a lot needs fixing with ITV? I could've told him (and everyone else at ITV) the same thing years ago.
  • Options
    stateofgameplaystateofgameplay Posts: 3,578
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    red16v wrote: »
    Yes, you're quite right. ITV2 is the most successful digital only channel in the UK in terms of audience figures and income.

I dispute that massively. Prove it.
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 6,400
    Forum Member
    What 'great programming' ?

Time to wrap it up & jack it in. Its beyond fixing. Just another corparate tat fest. As for ITV2 it just shows up the mental state of the nation. If what they show on there gets good audiences , then we really are at the threshold of hell. If people are prepared to pay to watch the drivel, then it would seem the lunatics have well & truly taken over the asylum.

:)
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    prking wrote: »

I know what Crozier was saying, that people should be paying for other channels than ITV1, but as ITV2 is full of support shows for ITV1, and dreary mindless boring celebrity worship nonsense, and ITV3 is filled with BBC and ITV crime drama repeats, and 4 is filled with 15/30 year old action movies and minority sport, then people aren't going to watch.

ITV's problem isn't where it gets its cash flow, its the quality of its content. Their most popular drama in years was Primeval. It sold around the world, and the US were interested in remaking it, as well as making a movie. What did ITV do? Cancel it on cost grounds. Genius. They were only making a profit on it after all!

Its biggest shows are either soaps or worship celebrity, mock celebrity, or create celebrity... its obvious to see where they've gone wrong. Crozier will get a handle on it. He did such a good job at The Post Office, taking it from 500m profit to 200m in losses in two years, and the FA with appointing Sven and dubbing the players that flopped for 10 years the "Golden Generation" before that *cough cough*

Good luck ITV, you're gonna need it! Unless the plan is to sue Apple into oblivion!
  • Options
    henderohendero Posts: 11,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    Its biggest shows are either soaps or worship celebrity

The same could be said of five of the top six shows on BBC1 in the most recent BARB ratings. Celebrity Masterchef has two entries in the top 15, and the lottery is in there as well.

ITV is worse in terms of all its most popular programmes being soaps, but it's hardly the only channel pandering to the soap and celebrity demographic.
  • Options
    mlt11mlt11 Posts: 21,128
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    I dispute that massively. Prove it.

ITV2 (inc +1) audience share = 2.5% in each of the last 3 months = the highest of any digital channel.

ITV3 comes second.

They are the two highest earning digital channels in terms of advertising income (obviously Sky Sports etc generates more subscription income).

http://www.barb.co.uk/report/monthlyViewing?_s=4
  • Options
    [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 1,667
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Its not the programmes or the Channels, its the support staff. Look at ITV sales sooooo over staffed.
    They have a team that predicts ratings they have a team leader manager and head of department
    the manager is of 40k for doing not much other then bulling staff and chatting to mates of the phone.
    Maybe Mr Crozer should look here first
  • Options
    derek500derek500 Posts: 24,892
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    GaryWalker wrote: »

The people in the know seem to believe they will, as Katie Price has recently signed for pay TV company, Living, now part of BSkyB.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    derek500 wrote: »
    The people in the know seem to believe they will, as Katie Price has recently signed for pay TV company, Living, now part of BSkyB.

Let's hope they're not the same people who thought tens of thousands of fans would pay to watch football clubs who got an average gate of 2-3,000. That was a financial disaster called ITV Digital:mad:
  • Options
    mrsdidimrsdidi Posts: 698
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    ftv wrote: »
    Viewers are already paying for ITV1 through advertising - where do you think the advertising money comes from. So it would be a double whammy with viewers effectively paying twice.

It never ceases to amaze me how everyone gets so wound up over subscription increases and the licence fee but never seem to remember that we all pay for ITV everytime webuy anything advertised on it
    stevvy1986 wrote: »
    Adam Crozier admits a lot needs fixing with ITV? I could've told him (and everyone else at ITV) the same thing years ago.

ITV's decline started a good few years back I can honestly say the TV in my house is hardly ever tuned into it any more. I dont think there is a quick fix they need to just wipe the slate clean and start again
    What 'great programming' ?

Time to wrap it up & jack it in. Its beyond fixing. Just another corparate tat fest. As for ITV2 it just shows up the mental state of the nation. If what they show on there gets good audiences , then we really are at the threshold of hell. If people are prepared to pay to watch the drivel, then it would seem the lunatics have well & truly taken over the asylum.

:)

Sadly I think it does reflect the state of a fairly large section of the community, everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame, I watched the Hospital on channel 4 the other day and there was a young girl on there bemoaning the fact that they NHS wouldnt pay for a boob job because as she demonstrated by using a copy of Nuts only girls with big chests got their pictures on more than 2 pages!!
    hendero wrote: »
    The same could be said of five of the top six shows on BBC1 in the most recent BARB ratings. Celebrity Masterchef has two entries in the top 15, and the lottery is in there as well.

ITV is worse in terms of all its most popular programmes being soaps, but it's hardly the only channel pandering to the soap and celebrity demographic.

At least there are some little nuggets in the BBC schedule and even Sky occasionally have some good programmes on but ITV seems to be wall to wall soaps and celebrity

Cant say I see Mr Crozier "fixing" ITV he didnt "fix" the Royal Mail if anything its worse now.
  • Options
    LeewichLeewich Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Let's hope they're not the same people who thought tens of thousands of fans would pay to watch football clubs who got an average gate of 2-3,000. That was a financial disaster called ITV Digital:mad:
    2-3,000? I don't remember the Conference being on ITV.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Leewich wrote: »
    2-3,000? I don't remember the Conference being on ITV.

Lower echelons of the Football League mate
  • Options
    angustayangustay Posts: 2,141
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭

Both ITV and SKY know dumbing down TV and encryption will work because they are aiming at a younger generation who grew up not knowing how great UK TV was. Anyone over 30 can see TV is dumbing down and not as good as it was but to the younger generation many have never seen a good variety tv line schedule. This is the norm for them and will be for their children and grandchildren, they won't worry about the rest of cause we will be worm food.

Advertising is a small problem. Large brands like Pepsi, Coke etc don't need to advertise in the UK as they are so well known. (except for a thank you ad at christmas) The government make's it as difficult as possible for businesses outside the UK to open here and does not allow adequate protection for businesses already here and then close's down or sells off everything else. No businesses no advertising. Advertising has always slumped and recovered and in most places is doing well again. The UK however is so bad at maintaining UK businesses we are always in a slump. The government could easily cancel the banks debt and print money again and choose not to because of the greed of shareholders. Makes you wonder if the banks are public or private.

Sorry all went slightly of topic there:o:o
  • Options
    henderohendero Posts: 11,773
    Forum Member
    ✭✭
    mrsdidi wrote: »
    Sadly I think it does reflect the state of a fairly large section of the community, everyone wants their 15 minutes of fame, I watched the Hospital on channel 4 the other day and there was a young girl on there bemoaning the fact that they NHS wouldnt pay for a boob job because as she demonstrated by using a copy of Nuts only girls with big chests got their pictures on more than 2 pages!!

Perhaps our resident Eastenders expert Charnham can advise, but if I'm not mistaken, didn't the character of Dawn have a storyline about having a boob job (even though the actress who played her did not), and she then proceeded to wear a push-up bra for the duration of her stint on the show? I wonder if that was part of the PSB value of Eastenders (to quote another popular thread).
  • Options
    LeewichLeewich Posts: 1,111
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Lower echelons of the Football League mate
    Even in League 2 very few clubs will average gates of 2-3,000
  • Options
    TassiumTassium Posts: 31,639
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Really all the channels do the soap/celebrity thing now, the nature of the celeb just changes. BBC is perhaps one of the worse for that kind of celebrity-fronted stuff.

When I look at Crozier I see a politician, he is persuading the ITV shareholders that he's the right man for the job but he isn't.

He keeps coming out with stuff that could apply to any business, he has not said one thing about TV and what it is.
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    mlt11 wrote: »
    ITV2 (inc +1) audience share = 2.5% in each of the last 3 months = the highest of any digital channel.

ITV3 comes second.

They are the two highest earning digital channels in terms of advertising income (obviously Sky Sports etc generates more subscription income).

http://www.barb.co.uk/report/monthlyViewing?_s=4

BBC Three beats it, by the virtue of it only broadcasting from 7pm to 4am, yet BARB averages out the viewer share over 24 hours. So, whilst the raw figure shows its the most popular channel it in fact, isn't.
  • Options
    mikwmikw Posts: 48,715
    Forum Member
    Tassium wrote: »
    Really all the channels do the soap/celebrity thing now, the nature of the celeb just changes. BBC is perhaps one of the worse for that kind of celebrity-fronted stuff.

I guess "perhaps one of the worse" is your way of saying that it isn't!:D
  • Options
    Forum Member
    ✭✭✭
    Tassium wrote: »

Is there any show like Katie and Alex, Saturdays 24/7, Peter Andre, Dannii Minogue on any of the BBC Channels?

A quick look at the schedules this week shows one show fronted by Tulisa from N-Dubz, but thats about young carers with parents who have mental health issues, as apposed to showing a bunch of deluded non-celebs with mental health issues...

Is there any show on BBC like Celebrity Juice which just sits there and goes through the celebrity columns and talks about them?
    hendero wrote: »

Celebrity Masterchef is still a show which whilst it has celebrities in it, has a drive and a purpose of a competition about cooking, and talks about cooking and the techniques of cooking.

Celebrity Mastermind, Celebrity University Challenge. They all have celebrity versions, but there is more to the show THAN the celebrity, and that is my point. ITV2's output is celebrities talking about themselves, and celebrities talking about other celebrities. If you are very, very lucky... You might get a celebrity news bulletin.
  • Options
    GaryWalkerGaryWalker Posts: 153
    Forum Member
    derek500 wrote: »

Well, all I can say is "more fool them". :rolleyes: